forecast a financial value at year end

Cell J3 displays the total values listed in all columns on the sheet. When
another value is added to any column, J3 reflects this.
Now, to manually predict what J3 will say at year end (Dec 31st) ie an
estimate, I can simply divide J3 by the number of days passed (since Jan 1st)
and multiply by 365. This will be close enough for my purposes.
How can I put this into a formula?

Thanks
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

=J3/(TODAY()-"01/01/2009")*365

"Jock" wrote:

> Cell J3 displays the total values listed in all columns on the sheet. When
> another value is added to any column, J3 reflects this.
> Now, to manually predict what J3 will say at year end (Dec 31st) ie an
> estimate, I can simply divide J3 by the number of days passed (since Jan 1st)
> and multiply by 365. This will be close enough for my purposes.
> How can I put this into a formula?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Traa Dy Liooar
>
> Jock

installing updates. Never ends
when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says do not turn off computer.\\ well what do I do when the update never ends? TIA Snooky wrote: > when i did a restart, windows notified me it was installing updates > and not to turn off the power as windows would restart itself. > > I keep getting a message the 2 of 3 updates installed. next says > do not turn off computer.\\ > > well what do I do when the...

Find certain cell value
Hi, I have a matrix with on the rows dates of stock prices and on th columns stock names. Now I'm trying to find a certain stock price on a certain date. If try to find the stock price of Microsoft on January 1st 2005, how woul this be done. I know how to lookup the stock name and the stock date (using VLOOKU etc.) but not how to combine these lookup functions in order to receiv only one cell value. Tnanks in advance. Ro -- Rob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RobJ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Repalce value
I have sheet1 that contains A B C D E F SCHWARTZ412BEDFORD 718-599-1113 EPSTEIN415BEDFORD 718-000-7328 656-642-7771 BRACH416BEDFORD 718-202-0373 957-781-4383 Then I have another sheet2 that A B C D E F SCHRITZER412BEDFORD 5/3/1949 F DEM SCHWARTZ412BEDFORD 8/24/1972 M LND SCHWARTZ412BEDFORD 9/29/1769 F DEM What I need is a formula to find the value from sheet 1 a1 in sheet 2 row A then If the value of Row E is =93F=94 it should Copy the value from row F to sheet 1 Cell E1 if the value from row E is =93M=94 then it should copy the Value in sheet 1 col...

Convert Dates into four digit YEAR ONLY
I have a database of 20,000 transactions, each of which contains a date. I want to create a pivot table which summarizes the dollar value of the transactions by year. Problem is that the pivot table looks at the date and doesnt see a year--it sees day, month and year, so it will not group by year. I have tried to re-format the date to just a 4 digit year, this does not work. I have tried cutting and "paste special" - values only, and this doesn't work-- Excel ALWAYS sees the Julian number, not the year. Help! If your dates are in "Julian" format, e.g., 2005...

[in horz.bar+chart] Disply dates on value axis?
Something about selcting - 'date option'. But, where, how? -- Boswell You can only select the time scale option for a category axis. This is the axis that the bars grow out of. If you need dates on the value axis, you can simply select a date number format, and provide numerical dates for the Y values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:01A192F9-6684-4B2A-815F-1F6C65528B4F@microsoft.com... > Something about selcting - 'date o...

Returning the last value in a row
Hi What formula do I need to return the last known value in a row? ie. ROW 1 contains 5 values in COL a,b,c,d and e ROW 2 contains 2 values in COL a, b is empty,c,d is empty, e is empty How can I return the last value in each respective ROW (COL e and COL c)? I think I need something to jump from one colum to the next and stopping when it finds a value but still continues to the end of the specific amount of columns just in case there is another value Hope I explained this well Hi if you have no blank columns in between use something like =OFFSET($A$1,0,COUNTA(1:1)-1) for row 1 ...

Sales forecasting
Would like the option to enter the Sales Forecast by Item Class. That way you don't have to enter item by item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20564...

Project errors and financial transaction errors
We have great plains erros in card-project and transaction-Financial the error is get/change table not found this error appear in many serieses we need the answer as soon as possible because we face a huage problem best regards Kareem, Looks like some of the Table have not been Installed. Go to File Maintenance SQL and select the relevant DB and Series. Highlight the missing table (the missing table will be in the error message) and click Create Table and process. This process should create the missing table. Do a BACKUP before you do anything. Ajay "Kareem.salem@newhorizons....

Plotting subset of time value data
Hey all, I just upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007 and one of my graphs stopped working properly. I have a data set with date ranges from 2001 to 2025 and several series. Some of the series have data out to 2025 and some only to the current date. I plot the data in various ways but when I try to plot from2001 to date only, I get all the data plotted out to 2025 with the axis only labeled from 2001 to 2009 for the first 1/3 of the axis or so. In 2003 when I selected a subset of the date range it would plot just the dates I asked for over the full axis but 2007 is plotting all the da...

count values
Hi everibody In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other have 100 other have 500 etc); How can excel say "there are X cells with value 10, Y cells with value 100, Z cells with value 500 etc."? Thanks a lot Look in the help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "neerav" <neerav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F40046DB-74B3-4F06-BC99-0853F0ECFCAB@microsoft.com... > > Hi everibody > In column 1 are cells with different values (some cells have 10, other ...

MRP Forecast using MO Quote/Estimate inplace of Sales Forecast
Hi, We have a client that has GP9.0 with Standard keys. With GP Standard they cannot purchase the Sales Forecast module to use with the MRP module. Would there be any problem using the MO with a status of Quote/Estimate to enter a "forecast" qty to create component requirements for MRP? Or is there a better way to handle a forecast in MRP w/o the Sales Forecast module? Thanks Yes, there would be a problem. When a Sales Forecast is used by MRP, it can be consumed by actual demands. Thus, if 1000 of an item was forecast in a period and 100 pieces was actually ordered, the...

Absolute Values Summed for a Range
Good Morning All, I am wanting to sum for a range that return the absolute value for that range. There can be multiple unknown positive or negative values in the cells. I have done it before but I can not recall how. Ex: (10.00)+10.00+(10.00)=30.00 Linda, Use a formula like the following array formula: =SUM(ABS(A1:A10)) Since this is an array formula, you must press Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just Enter when you first enter the formula and whenever you edit it later. If you do this properly, Excel will display the formula enclosed in curly braces {}. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson M...

Hide column based on data value
I use auto-filter to switch a spreadsheet between a terse view and verbose view. Column B is auto-filtered, and it's either blank or non-blank. Call it a "tag column." Some column B cells have constants; others, formulas. It works fine. Can the same effect be achieved somehow to hide columns rather than rows? I'd like one row to be a "tag row." Then, I'd like to switch between terse view and verbose view by hiding columns based on what's in the tag row for each column. Can you suggest an easy way to do this without VBA? The "custom views" f...

Financial Institutions List MIA
I'm doing OFX downloads but want to streamline further, so I'm trying to set up banks and brokerages which I know are MS enabled for auto-update. Unfort my "Financial Institutions" list in the "Online Setup" wizard is empty. They were there before; I've got one brokerage set up for auto update, so I know they were. MS Knowledge Mgmt has an item (sorry, don't have number with me) on this about the fnpartnr.ini file being corrupted. I flwd the correction steps but my registry doesn't have the "online" folder I'm told to change. H...

Copying Back end to web-based server
Hello, I have a split front end and back end database. I'm trying to put it on a server that is webbased so that when I try to copy, it says it doesn't accept locked files. Is that mean it's making it a read-only copy? When I try to copy a simple MSAccess databse, I get the same error, but when I copy a MS Word document, I have no problem. Has someone had this problem before and what did you do? Varvara ...

Forecaster Benefits suggestion
For 401K benefits, they normally only start after one year, from the start date. My client is budgeting multiple years at once. There's no way to do this in the current system. It would be something like being able to set up start and end dates in the benefits screen. For Part Time employees, you have to enter a FTE amount. Normally, if they're full time, you enter 2080. But if they're less, we enter 1040, etc. But, this calculates only half their benefits, then. And many part-time employees still get full benefits. How could we fix this? Thanks! ----------------...

VBA-Changing tag values
Hi Everybody, Is there a way of changing tag values beside using (.Add) method over and over again? like osld.Tags.Add "Region", "USA" if I want to change the value of Region tag from "USA" to "Europe" , it seems the only way possibile is to use the following code osld.Tags.Add "Region", "Europe" Because the tag name is the same fortunately VBA doesn't add a new tag , but it changes the tag index (if I have 4 tags attached to the slide , when I use add method to change any of the values , that specific tag in...

Prompt for Default Value
Is it possible to have the default value of a field be dynamically set via prompting the user to choose from a selection of values that are listed within another table? Thanks in Advance, Rob This is what you would use a combobox for. Create a query that lists the options and use that as the RowSource for a combo. If you choose the LimitToList option for the combo, the user will only be able to select items from your list. No prompting is necessary, nor is any code necessary. "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46013D8-0E02-43D2-9FB5-B290B...

How to vlookup and summing value?
Hi, please help.... Worksheet name: "Pages" Column A Column B James $100 James $50 AJ $30 Light $46 James $80 When i type on cell A1 on a separate worksheet this formula =VLOOKUP(A1,Pages!A2:B5,2,FALSE) , it only provide me $100. Is there a way to sum up the total to be $230 under "James"? Hi, =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A15="James")*(B1:B15)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the ...

Forecasting
I work in a call centre and I was asked to do some forecasting for call offered for the next 6 months. I have historical data since 2002. Colums A wil have the "month" and Column B will have the number o calls offered. How can I do the forecasting using "moving averages" (need exaple of the formulas in the cells). thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi a little bit more detail would be helpful :-) - how many months do you want to include in your moving average. e.g. if you want two months simply enter the following in C3 (assumption: row 1 is a head...

Duplicate value
I have a form with a subform on it. The subform has 5 fields, set up as datasheet view: ID (autonumber) Start End Qty (sum of end-start) Line Type (combo box) I've been asked to see if the 'End' can automatically be entered at the 'Start' on the next line; however, there is upon occassion the need to change the start number. For example: ID Start End Qty Line 1 0 215 215 (whatever) 1 215 300 85 (whatever) 1 325 ...

Lookup multiple values
On one worksheet, I have a "table" with a header column & header row, along with data. ON another worksheet, I would like all of the data in the first worksheet to be in a list; the applicable column header would be placed into one column, the row header into another one. Example: Table on first worksheet: A X P 1 2100 2101 2102 2 2103 2104 2105 3 2106 2107 2108 Desired results on 2nd worksheet: A B C 2100 1 A 2101 1 X 2102 1 P 2103 2 A 2104 2 X 2105 3 P ...

A record with these values already exists.
Every time I try to do something with a quote, opportunity, or invoice, I get this error: A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again. I have no snap-ins. Any thoughts? Same problems here, found a solution? "Bebandit" wrote: > Every time I try to do something with a quote, opportunity, or invoice, I get > this error: > A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be > created. Select one or more unique values and try again. > > I have no snap-ins. ...

Limit Values
Hello, I have the following issue which I am not able to solve. I want to limit the value possibilities of a cell to #,0 and #,5 For example: 8,5 or 7,0 but not 6,2 and so on. I tried to do it with validation but it doesn't work. Hope anyone can solve this out for me. Many thanks. Noepie assumed the cell A1 need to limit the number to ( 0,5,7,8) Go to data | validaton | allow:custom | formula : =3DOR (A1=3D0,A1=3D5,A1=3D7,A1=3D8) | ok On Nov 30, 2:33=A0pm, Noepie <Noe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have the following issue which I am not able t...

result of Function to cut last 2 values out
i have used =--LEFT(L3, LEN(L3)-2). This cut off last 2 digits o value. i.e. 12345678912 became 123456789. But 00123456789 becam 1234567. How do I make it come out 001234567??? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi =INT(L3) or =INT(L3*1) when in L3 is numeric string -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "ifew552 >" <<ifew552.179bt5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ifew552.179bt5@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have used =--LEFT(L3, LEN(L3)-2). This cut off last 2 digits of > valu...