Font Color Conditional Formatting/Color Scaling

tWithin a matrix of data, I want to use two conditional formating/color
scaling: one for the background color of the cell, the second for the font
color corresponding to a different (but same size) data matrix.

I know how to use the conditional formatting/color scaling for the
background color--however would it be possible to have a different color
scaling for the font color (and applied to one data matrix but referencing a
separate data matrix)?

Or even, can I at least use the conditional formatting/color scaling but
changing the font color instead of the background cell color?

Thanks for any help.

Given: [Data Matrix 1]; [Data Matrix 2]

Make Background Color Scaling for Data Matrix 1 referencing Data Matrix 1
Make Font Color Scaling for Data Matrix 1 referencing Data Matrix 2, lining
up each of the matrix elements

Conditional Formatting #33
I have a very large spreadsheet where I would like to use conditional formatting...I have the columns set up with times as follows Arrival Time Triage Time Registration Time To ED Time DC Tim Numerous people input the times and they are not always correct (people are DC before they arrive, etc.) There are about 3,000 lines for one months worth of data. Is there a way I can put Conditional Formatting so that if Triage Time is Less than Arrival Time then it can highlight a cell? Thank Denise This worked!!! This is going to save me hours of time each month. Thank you!!! ...

Incorrect Date Format
Hello to all, The situation: 1. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows 98SE, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy I wrote a macro that imports dates (dd/mm/yyyy) and stock prices from an Access database, then adds some formulas at the bottom of the data to calculate highest and lowest prices and the corresponding dates. Works fine, and the formulas correctly return the price and date (in dd/MM/yyyy format, without needing to format the cells). 2. Excel 97 SR-2 and Windows XP Pro SP1, Short Date Format dd/MM/yyyy The macro created in 1. above works fine under these conditions, but the formulas that return the...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

Conditional formating of cells
Good afternoon, I have an array of numbers in excel. I want then to display as percentage if I've selected "proportional" from a drop down menu. I want them to display as a number (0.00 for example) if I select "absolute" these are the only two options in the menu. I'ved tried using the Format code help in Excel but I can't manuipulat it to get it to work how I want. Any help will be greatly apprecaited. Thank you! Michelle Let's put the drop down in column A and the data to be formatted in column B. Enter the following in the w...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

FORMAT CELLS #10
I have a worksheet. Within that worksheet I have a few cells which if I right click on gives me the menu options and when I select the format cells nothing happens. While it opens a dialog box for other cells. I wanted to protect some cells by selecting the format cells options. Can someone tell me what is happening and why nothing happens if I select the format cell option ? Thanks, San The only time I've seen this is when the original workbook was created in a different program--crystal reports or Lotus 123. I included a few "sacrificial" cells in my selection, made my...

Calendar coloring
In a class this morning (entirely different subject) a student asked about coloring appointments in Outlook 2003's calendar. I had never heard of it , so when I returned home this is what Help provided. "Microsoft Outlook has 10 colors that you can use to color appointments and meetings. These colors are visible in Day/Week/Month view of Calendar. You can color individual or recurring appointments and meetings manually, or you can use rules to automatically color items that meet certain conditions, such as when a certain word is used in the subject or when a meeting request is...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

color is wrong on inserted picture or appears as red X
The color in a few of my inserted photos appear & print wrong and one of them just shows up as a red X. When I insert the photo, the image preview also displays it in this incorrect manner. However, when I look at the file outside of MS Publisher, the image is fine. What's going on? View, picture (pictures) display, tick detailed display. What version Publisher are you using? When you go to print there are options about not printing graphics, where this is found depends on your version of Publisher. In 2002 on the main page click the advanced button, graphics and fonts tab, un...

I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application.
Hi folks I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application Regards David You can use LoadImage to load it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C2D61B-7556-4484-A317-D16B53D255B9@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't add 256 color Bitmap! to my Visual C++ Application. > > Regards, > David ...

how to change default comment format in excel (2000)
I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do it each time I enter a comment. Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to change the Font size at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default And she has a macro that can do more: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted superiorparties wrote: > > I want to change the default font for comments. I know how to do this each > individual time but want to make the change permanent so I don't have to do >...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

Excel cond. formatting
I'm looking to format a series of cells conditionally, ie if cell H7 reads "YES" then I want cells H1->H6 to all go green. Conditional formatting will allow me to do one cell, I know, but how do I extend this? I need this to happen automatically, not thru Macro's if at all possible. Cheers! GB Formula =$H$7="YES" for each of H1:H6 (can be done in one selection). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "geordiebri" <geordiebri@yahoo.com> w...

How Do I Trim and Format This Text?
I have a series of cells that contains text in the format: *My!Whole!Name* Is there some way to remove the beginning/ending asterisks and the exclamation points so that the cells always display as follows: My Whole Name Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jessi Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Edit>Replace Find What: ~* Replace With: nothing, leave this blank Replace All Then repeat Find What: ! Replace With: enter a space by hitting the spacebar Replace All >the cells always display as follows If that data is imported/copied from another source th...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Font problem with metafile
I have the following code to draw vertical text to a DC. LOGFONT lf; lf.lfEscapement = 900; lf.lfOrientation = 900; CFont font; font.CreateFontIndirect(&lf); CFont* pOldFont = pDC->SelectObject(&font); pDC->TextOut(...); .... it draws correctly on the screen but not to a metafile. When I insert the metafile to Word the text is not vertical. But on the save machine when I insert it to Excel the text is vertical. What could be the problem. Can anybody help me. xiaoguo ge, If the metafile looks like expected in Excel, but not in Word, I would normally say that this seems to...

Fonts in Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do you change the DEFAULT font in Contacts? T ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C65737.BA0C64B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META con...

Formatting text in a cell
Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like to be able to insert new lines where we want them. Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug Use the Formula Bar: 1. click in the formula bar 2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion 3. touch ALT-ENTER 4. enter the new line. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200855 "akkrug" wrote: > Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? We would like > to be able to insert new lines where we want them. > > > Thanks for the help!! > -- > ak...

Andy Font & Universal Font ...
I was able to download the Andy font recently, but had to reformat my HD. I believe it came with a Microsoft Publisher update, so I wasn't too worried. However, I cannot seem to locate the font again. I also understand the readers on this Newsgroup are incredibly intelligent and know everything in the world. Any clues on how I can get that font back. Also, since I'm on the topic, I could also use the Universal font. Thanks, buds. Don't think this font ever came with Publisher. Try alt.binaries.fonts -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps...

Radar Chart with Multiple scales
I'm trying to create a Radar/Spider Diagram that will allow me to show multiple scales. For instance, a few of my numbers are in %s while others are in Dollars. I have 10 categories I'm showing. Each time I try to change the "selected" scale, it changes it for each point. How can I have multiple scales? Custom Radar Chart http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/custom_radar/index.htm I also have a functional add-in based on the idea. I will try and upload it to my web site in the next few days...but no promises. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Exce...