find smallest positive number among datas

How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?

Try

=MIN(data_rng)

--

HTH

Bob

"Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?

0
Bob
3/16/2010 8:27:51 AM
=MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter)
Adjust your range to suit.
--
David Biddulph

"Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?

0
David
3/16/2010 8:27:52 AM
Try the below to return the max positive from Col A

=MAX(0,A:A)

--
Jacob

"Cerberus" wrote:

> How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?
I have misread your post..Refer the post from David...

--
Jacob

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Try the below to return the max positive from Col A
>
> =MAX(0,A:A)
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Cerberus" wrote:
>
> > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?
Non Arrary forumula,

=SMALL(A1:A5,COUNTIF(A1:A5,"<0")+1)
Adjust your range to suit.

Vijay

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> =MIN(IF(A1:A6>0,A1:A6)) as an array formula (Control Shift Enter)
> Adjust your range to suit.
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> "Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?
>

> .

Hi,

You may also try this.  Suppose the data is in range A2:A60.  In A1, type
the heading, say Amount.  In C1:D1, type Amount (copy from cell A1).  In C2,
type >0.  In D2, type =dmin($A$1:$A$60,D$1,C$1:C2)

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cerberus" <Cerberus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to find the smallest positive number among datas in Excel?

0
Ashish

Find Duplicate names and delate

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

how do I delete numbers without deleting formulas
In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the formulas in the column? F5>Special>Constants. Use the option buttons to select what you wish to highlight for deleting>Ok Edit>Clear Contents. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:13:02 -0700, "Emmaus junkie" <Emmaus junkie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In excel 2003 how do I delete a column of numbers without deleting the >formulas in the column? ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Issue retriving data from mssql 2005
Different queries accessing a storedprocedure sometimes hang until they are timedout. Calling the stored procedure mannually (Management Studio)(from the client computer that also executes the program) returns 1090 rows in one sec. EXEC spa08v1GetTransactions NULL ,'20091006','20091006' Executing the stored procedure from a simple app, just counting the rows gives me a timeout at 956 rows. This runs nicely against my test enviroment. SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(); cmd.Connection = new SqlConnection("Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase...

Add space after each numbered or bulleted item
I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines long. The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line upon hitting enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a space between the items to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit enter again, a new number is issued as expected. However if I arrow up to the first empty space and hit the backspace, the number will be removed, the following number will be changed to next sequential number and the empty line remain. Publisher, however insists on starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to c...

how do i get negative numbers in brackets in Excel
i find i cannot enter negative numbers in accounts in brackets but this is the accounting convention is it hidden in excel or do i need a plug in Hi Maverick, Enter numbers using the minus symbol, but format your cells: Format => Cells => Number [tab] and in the Type box, enter "#,##0.00_ ;[Red](#,##0.00) " (without the quotation marks). Ewan. "maverick accountant" wrote: > i find i cannot enter negative numbers in accounts in brackets > but this is the accounting convention > is it hidden in excel > or do i need a plug in ...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Restore ability to enter 20 character PO Numbers
With the 1.3R release, RMS will not allow PO Numbers longer than 14 characters. Before the 1.3R release, RMS allowed PO Numbers up to 20 characters. After installing the 1.3R release I reported this defect. The support team responded that this change was by design. They claimed that the change was made to work around a defect - "we had a bug with inter-store inventory transfers erroring out when the PO number is greater than 14 characters". This type of quick and easy fix (crippling the UI to work around a defect) is just plain wrong for at least a couple of reasons. 1) C...

How to make "This workbook contains links to other data sources" appear?
Hello How to make "Microsoft Excel This workbook contains links to other data sources To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." pop up or appear on the Task bar after clicking "Open Link" in "Linked Worksheet Object" in a context menu of a linked object in Word 2003 sp2? The window appear only after clicking an Excel button in the Task bar. ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How to reduce the number of shortcuts/links in the recent documents list?
When I look into the folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? Cindy Cindy Parker wrote: > When I look into the folder: > > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\recent > > then there are currently approx 20 recent documents listed. > > How can I permanently reduce the number or even disable this list? > > Cindy > Right click on the Start button and choose Properties --> Customize ...

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Conditional Number Formatting & Selective Summing
Attached is the workbook I need help with. From what I have bee discovering from the Excel Macro-VBA Editor-Help screens, what I wan to do should require fairly simple VBA code. However, I have no VB coding experience or skills (the VBA code in Module 3 was gleaned fro the Excel Tips Forum. Thank you Harlan Grove) Sheets �Run� through �Run (30)� are identical, except that the cel formulas on sheets 2-30 are only active if the active sheet i �Enabled� by the user and will only populate with pulled data if al preceding sheets are �Enabled�. The nature of the workbook is such tha a user will alw...

VBA Multi Number-Letter Sort
I'm sorting a list of old in-stock items, example: GEARS / 1/8_spur 1/4_spur rack_1/4pitch. It was all put into a single column. Now I could count left/ middle etc and send it to a different sheet then sort the sheet etc etc etc etc. I would be very happy if I could find a link to a source of vba code I could change or use just to sort things like "3rd # 8 before 3rd # 4" or "W18x21 after W8x10" . Can I do this simply with vba, I keep looking but it does not look promising. just wandering thanks rentapen ...