Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

I have a row of values that shows the total cumulative number of sales of
items by month.  Occasionally, there may be no sales in a month for an item
so the cumulative value would stay the same for more than one month.  I want
to select a number in the row the first time it occurs and not select it if
it repeats.

What are you wanting to do with the info?

To return position (column number) of number 1234 within row 2:
=MATCH(1234,2:2,0)

A formula that signals it's the first occurence:
=COUNTIF($A2:A2,A2)=1

This could be used in a helper row, or as a conditional format formula.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"jabbott" wrote:

> I have a row of values that shows the total cumulative number of sales of
> items by month.  Occasionally, there may be no sales in a month for an item
> so the cumulative value would stay the same for more than one month.  I want
> to select a number in the row the first time it occurs and not select it if
> it repeats.

run-time error 2147467259 (80004005)
i have a store that is getting the run time error above only when they have a transaction involving the members of one matrix, and then they are kicked out of the system. if they try to sell one of these items, transfer it to another store, receive it, etc, it will kill the program and give this error. the rest of the information given in the error is "could not find the index entry for RID '1600002bd2765100' in index page (1:42599), index ID 8, database GFANC03. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this problem and possible solutions? We are using version 1.2, sin...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

Simple division is not returning actual value
Hi, I know I'm making a mistake somewhere, just not sure where. I'm dividing 67/14 and want to get the result as 4.78 -- I'd be OK with 4.79 which is the result I'd get if the last digit was rounded up. When I do SELECT CAST((67/14) AS DECIMAL(3,2)) I'm getting 4.00. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, Sam This is because of integer division. Try this: SELECT 67/CAST(14 AS DECIMAL(5,2)) AS a, 67/14.0 AS b, 1.0 * 67/14 AS c, CAST(1.0 * 67/14 AS DECIMAL(3, 2)) AS d, ROUND(1.0 * 67/14, 2, 1) AS e; /* a b...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Requesting Help Ranking Sales Values.....
I have a field in a table named "Ext B/O" that lists the extended Backorder Value for parts sold. There may be duplicate values and they should show the same rankings. I would like to rank these totals from highest to lowest dollar value. I have tried the following query coding but I only get a count of the total number of records in the query for each record (49435) and NOT the individual ranking of the value. Rank: (Select Count(*) from [tbl_WorkingData] Where [Ext B/O] >= 0)+1 Can ANYONE please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to correct it? Th...

Formula for averaging times
I have a very large spreadsheet that tracks times. I have the formulas figured out fot the wait times that I need but I need to break them down by individual. There are approximately 15 different physicians listed in this spread sheet. I have a separate spreadsheet that I want to average the times for each physician. Example: Physician 1 "time to see physician" "wait time" "elapsed time" Physician 3 "time to see physician" "wait time" "elapsed time" Physician 1 "time to see physician" "wait time" &...

unique value
Hi, I need to add a custom field, but I need this field to be unique (something similar to a primary key) bud I do not know how to do that. Thanks a lot. An example might be a Case number. You would add the field then add code to add one to the largest value found in the database. This will require code to implement ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10AA3E00-686E-4B58-B8C4-52B83CB1E538@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to add a custom field, bu...

How do I find the out of office reply?

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

Autorun a macro at preset times
I have a macro that draws data from a website and places in to several tables which are then organised is different criteria. Instead of me manually hitting the button with assigned macro, I want to have the macro run itself every 10 minutes. How do I do this please? Darren, have a look at ONTIME in Excel VBA help -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Darren" wrote: > I have a macro that draws data from a website and places i...

Referencing the Seconday Y axis scale values in code
Does anyone know how to Reference the Seconday Y axis scale values in code? I am automating a spreadsheet that uses a chart and i need to adjust these values at run time. I'm using Visual Basic. Thanks! Hi Ken, I have absolutely no idea when it comes to coding but the following KB article may point you in the right direction? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213695 Cheers, Katherine "Ken Ramirez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093901c398be$4b49ecd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to Reference the S...

Picklist Default Values ?
A problem: After a Lead is converted to an Opportunity, the new Opportunity has NULL values in the OpportunityBase table and CRMOpportunity.Retrieve cant access any picklist values for that Opportunity. Is there a way to access the default values for the picklist, perhaps through SQL ? The default values appear on the opportunity in the user interface - surely they must be there somewhere - or are they ? I have seen this problem posted but without any good solutions yet. Thanks. S picklist values are stored in the stringmap table "SuperSonic Steve" <lafleur@canadiensfan.c...

Look at field, check to see if that value exists in another table and act accordingly.
Hello ms.pub.access, I've been assigned to generate a DB to help analyze certain capability deficiencies within the US Army. I'm at a real show stopper based on my current knowledge level. I'm in need of some kind of routine that will check the value of the 'Tier3' field against a list of high priority tier3 values located in a separate table called 'mpmi'. If a high priority tier3 value is found within my table 'analyze' from field 'tier3' then I need the routine to generate a score of 1 and place it into the field called 'score'. If it...