feet and inches to meters

what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current
format of cell is 5’05.00”
--
Thanks in advance

=CONVERT(LEFT(A1,FIND("'",A1)-1)*12+MID(A1,FIND("'",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND("'",A1)-1),"in","m")
--
David Biddulph

"scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current
> format of cell is 5'05.00"
> --
> Thanks in advance

0
David
3/25/2010 9:19:27 PM
Hi Scott,

Assuming the actual number is 505 and it's just a custom format you're using to display it as 5’05.00”, you could use a formula
like:
=(INT(A1/100)*12+MOD(A1,100))*0.0254

--
Cheers
macropod

"scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067415C9-2460-4214-BB17-6EE652E27ECE@microsoft.com...
> what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current
> format of cell is 5’05.00”
> --
> Thanks in advance

0
macropod
3/25/2010 9:24:57 PM
thank you very much
--
Thanks in advance

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> =CONVERT(LEFT(A1,FIND("'",A1)-1)*12+MID(A1,FIND("'",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND("'",A1)-1),"in","m")
> --
> David Biddulph
>

> "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current
> > format of cell is 5'05.00"
> > --
> > Thanks in advance
>

> .

You're welcome.  Glad it did the job.
--

> thank you very much
> --
> Thanks in advance
>

> "David Biddulph" wrote:
>
>> =CONVERT(LEFT(A1,FIND("'",A1)-1)*12+MID(A1,FIND("'",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND("'",A1)-1),"in","m")
>> --
>> David Biddulph
>>

>> "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters.
>> > current
>> > format of cell is 5'05.00"
>> > --
>> > Thanks in advance
>>

>> .

0
David

how do I enter a square feet symbol in excel?
how do I enter the small '2' as a symbol for 'square feet' in microsoft excel? Highlight the 2 Click on <Format><Cells><Superscript><OK> Job done Although you will see the 2 as superscript in the cell in the edit line (if you don't edit directly in the cell) it will appear as ordinary text. Yet another anomaly from Mr Gates. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "summerlane" <summerlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17A561F-0DAB-4804-A769-45D0D41574B7@microsoft.com... > how do I enter the small '...

How can I change measurement unit from Feet to Meters ?
Just got Visio 2000 program, How can I change the scale to Metric System ? In Visio 2003 it is under Tools --> Options --> Units. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "Wattana" <Wattana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B180C9B-1F14-41E0-A7BB-F839E7D6F957@microsoft.com... > Just got Visio 2000 program, How can I change ...

Create a mural 15 feet x 9 feet, can it be done?
I can print on 12x18 paper and piece together but can I make a mural this large using Publisher? M. K. wrote: > I can print on 12x18 paper and piece together but can I make a mural this > large using Publisher? Yes, although you're going to have a h*ll of a time trimming all 110 (not 90, as Publisher leaves some room for error when trimming, although this can be turned off) pages to size, and even moreso fitting them all together! I would advise going to an outside printing service for this project - what you lose in money, you'll probably gain back in time not wasted. ...

format number in feet and inches
Id there a way to format a number to feet and inches, i.e 6.25 to display as 6' 3"?? Try: =INT(A1)&"'-"&ROUND(MOD(A1,1)*12,0)&"""" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Id there a way to format a number to feet and inches, i.e 6.25 to display as >6' 3"?? >. > ...

How to change decimals of length in feet to feet and inchs
For example how to convert 13.25' to 13'-3" ? John. With your decimal value in a1 try =INT(A1)&"' "&INT(12*(A1-INT(A1)))&"""" -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "John" wrote: > For example how to convert 13.25' to 13'-3" ? ...

No banners under 3 feet!
Hi there, I can`t believe that it is not possible to print banners under 3 feet with publisher! I posted this question already once, but no one believed me it has nothing to do with the printer! This messge shows up also with other printers and as well with no printer installed! But how can M$ produce such a crap? Only banners beyond 3 feet are allowed! Maybe it is constitutional law. Regards Gerry from Mauritius -- valid reply address is indexartSPAM@web.de Hi Gerhard Nowak (nonspam@gmx.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I can`t believe that it is not possible to ...

inches to feet and inches
I always receive lists of lengths in inches for steel fabrication and in order to enter this info into my metal fabrication program I have to convert it to feet and inches. For example 158 inches = 13 feet 2 inches. I can receive hundreds of these daily. Is there a way enter the inches in excel and receive feet and inches? Thanks for any help. Hi, frafi. Check Lacher's info here: http://lacher.com/examples/lacher18.htm <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word...

Paslode 650385 Round Head 3-Inch by .120-Inch by 30 Degree Paper Tape Collated Ring Shank Hot Dipped Galvanized Framing Nails (2,000 per Box)
Price:$73.42 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B00023SEJE Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B00023SEJE It's hard to find nails for my paslode sometimes. Not sure how they make any money shipping these heavy nails for free, but if you can wait for the ground service shipping this is the way to go. Product worked fine. Pricy though through Amazon. Got more from local True Value hardware store for a fraction of the cost. 2,000 Count, 3" x .120, Ring Shank, Round Head, Hot Dipped Galvanized Plus Nail, 30&degree. Paper Strip. SIMILAR ...

number decimal places in the Contract Type Meters window set to 5
why are the number of decimal places In the Contract Type Meters window (Cards..Contract Administration..COntract Types select meters) only allows four. Yet the Contract Line Meter Maintenance window (Transaction..Contract Entry/Update..Contract Lines..Meters) has 5 decimal places. They should be the same that is both set to 5. This is cause of confusion at client site. I had created a Support Incident Number 8271354 for this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &q...

Q: when drawing a room shape, how can I get integer inches?
I've inserted the room shape and when resizing it, I keep getting 8th and 16th of inches, how can I set Visio to only give me exact inches? Thanks :) Bill >On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:41:35 +0100, Bill Edwards <bill.edwards@force9.net> wrote: > >I've inserted the room shape and when resizing it, I keep getting 8th >and 16th of inches, how can I set Visio to only give me exact inches? > >Thanks :) > >Bill Managed to work it out, changed the Drawing Scale to Architectural - 1/2" = 1'0" and I can now only get integer or half-inch measurements. Pe...

How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to mills.
I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to mills. I found a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values in the spreadsheet? Did you try any of the responses you got to this question two days ago? "Ted" wrote: > I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to mills. I found a way > to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values in the > spreadsheet? Is there a way of dealing with cells that have formulas in them? In version 2000 I could accomplish that doing cell format. "Duke Carey&q...

feet and inches
Does anyone know how to format an Excel cell so you can type in feet and inches and get a decimal equivalent of vice versa? Example: typing 12.125 would give you 12'-1 1/2. Any help would be great. You might take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#carpentry In article <02d601c347f1$e4643a10$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Corey" <cslater66@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to format an Excel cell so you can > type in feet and inches and get a decimal equivalent of > vice versa? Example: typing ...

How can I convert a standard number in Excel into feet and inches.
I work for a construction company, and I need to convert a number into feet and inches. I can setup two rows to accomplish this, but the format looks bad and I was wondering if in the number format box if I could include formulas. Hi maybe the following helps: http://cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm "LordJovian" wrote: > I work for a construction company, and I need to convert a number into feet > and inches. I can setup two rows to accomplish this, but the format looks bad > and I was wondering if in the number format box if I could include formulas. ...

6 1/8-by 9 1/4-inch booklet
I 'd like to learn how to shrink the pages down to a "Booklet Format" required for a paid petition for Certiorari in the United States Supreme Court Rule 33.1.(a), to 6 1/8- by 9 1/4-inch booklet. I have asked the Middlesex County College Computer Science Department, www.middlesexcc.edu, but they suggested I search "Booklet Format" in Word, but I have not been successful in finding it. There are a few companies whom specialize in preparing these petitions for certiorari by shrinking the pages down to same aforementioned "booklet format"; But I&#...

feet and inches to meters
what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current format of cell is 5’05.00” -- Thanks in advance =CONVERT(LEFT(A1,FIND("'",A1)-1)*12+MID(A1,FIND("'",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND("'",A1)-1),"in","m") -- David Biddulph "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067415C9-2460-4214-BB17-6EE652E27ECE@microsoft.com... > what formula will allow me to convert feet and inches to meters. current > format of cell is 5'05.00" > -- > Thanks in advance ...

Feet and Inches
I'd like to make a bar chart using feet and inches as the scale on the y-axis. Can anyone help me with this? ...

How do I use Excel to convert feet to kilometers?
I'm trying to use Excel 2002 to convert feet to kilometers. When I try to use the CONVERT worksheet function, "#NAME?" is returned. It does the same thing no matter what units of measure I try to convert. I copied and pasted the syntax directly from the Office Help section. Any ideas? hi do you have the analysis tool back installed and does your formula look somthing like this..... =CONVERT(A2,"m","ft") where A2 is the number to convert. the above converts meters to feet and works perfectly on my pc. regards FSt1 "CedarHillMatt"...

How to size a column in inches, see it the way it would print
I would llike to find out how can I do this to easily size columns and rows width and height. Seems I want to print labels in excel, fill them up from a DAO recordset, Because the labels are already sized and cut, if there is an error or mis alignment they just don't print well. I have done this in Access, but it is very inconsistent when i move the application from one machine to another, I've found excel very easy to use, I'm just having this problem sizing the cells to the labels measurements. the label's height and width are 1 in. by 2.625 in. there is a top and b...

Working with feet and inches
Does anyone know of an easy way to do calculations with feet and inches? Are there routines for adding and subtracting, converting feet & inches to decimal feet, decimal feet to feet & inches. Thanks for any help, Huck Search Google for: excel calculations with feet and inches. Lots of results with what looks like just what you need at: http://www.lacher.com/toc.htm Regards Trevor "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:estrGqI8GHA.4776@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of an easy way to do calculations with feet...

formula for converting decimal to inch & fraction
Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? I am using Excel 2000. Thank you for your help. select the cell and pull-down: Format > Cells... > Fraction and the pick a suitable form. -- Gary's Student "davepatrob" wrote: > > Can you provide a formula to convert a decimal to an inch & fraction? > I am using Excel 2000. > Thank you for your help. ...

how to add feet and inches?
trying to do a spreadsheet that adds feet (') and inches (") but can figure out how to do it if its even possible. for example 14'-6" 8'-2"= I try to format the cell but there is no category for measurement. is there any way to do this in excel??? hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See Chip Pearson's site for assistance with feet and inches. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:06:00 -0600, vitruviuz <<vitruviuz.1277jy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >trying to do a sprea...

Tajima G-30BW 30-Feet Easy-to-Read Standard Scale Tape Measure
Price:$19.99 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000OFRRIY Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000OFRRIY GL-30BW Tajima G-Series 30' Shock resistant tape measures. Thick elastomer cover provides a sure grip and protects tape and work surfaces. Triple-riveted end hook with independently riveted steel back plate. Crisp, clean 2-color scale imprinted over a white background. Graduation in 16ths with stud and truss on-center designations. Smooth, high tensile-strength return spring. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Tajima G-25BW 25-Feet Easy-to-Read Standard Scale ...

Calculating Pixels per Inch
Hello, I want to change the visible width of my CView depending upon the width of the paper that the user has selected for printing. Therefore I need to know how many pixels correspond to an inch on a given printer. Or, in other words, I need to know how wide, in inches, a pixel is. I'm sure this must be easy to do, but I just can't figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you greatly, Joe B. Joe B. wrote: >Hello, > I want to change the visible width of my CView >depending upon the width of the paper that the user has >selected for ...

Makita 2107FK 6.5 Amp 4-3/4-Inch by 4-3/4-Inch Capacity Variable Speed Portable Band Saw with Case
Price:$575.40 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0009OMYEC Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0009OMYEC Have owned this machine for about three months and have put together a few projects mostly 1/4" angle iron. I have also cut through 4" round steel with no problem. Power will never be a problem the way it is geared and does have variable speed. No tool quick blade change is nice. It runs just like Millwaukee tool I have used. Would put it on par with that. Powerful 6.5 AMP motor delivers 200 - 350 ft./min. for cutting in a wide vari...

getting my feet wet
It has been a LONG time since I have used Excel, and I am finding now that there is a great demand for highly polished Excel users out there, and I would like to become one, any suggestions on how to supplement the limeited knowledge I already have? You can try byreplicating the questions and answers posted in these forums. Practice and putting yourself in new situations is the only way to learn everything that Excel can do. "nygirl" wrote: > It has been a LONG time since I have used Excel, and I am finding now that > there is a great demand for highly polished Ex...