extracting sheets on the basis of Row character

Hi,

I have the below data...i have only shown the st column but i have the data
in 15 coulmns. Like this i have 20 sheets... and i need a separate sheets for
the name that are contained in column A ie separate sheet for "Mark" where it
will extract the data from 20 sheets where there is row with name mark...

Name
Mark
Steve
Mark
Gary
Mark
Gary
Steve

Regards,
radha

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"Radhakant Panigrahi" <rkp.gen@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have the below data...i have only shown the st column but i have the
> data
> in 15 coulmns. Like this i have 20 sheets... and i need a separate sheets
> for
> the name that are contained in column A ie separate sheet for "Mark" where
> it
> will extract the data from 20 sheets where there is row with name mark...
>
> Name
> Mark
> Steve
> Mark
> Gary
> Mark
> Gary
> Steve
>

> Regards,
> radha

0
Don

Wrapping sheets within a workbook
I am working with raw data in Excel 2003 in a workbook where there are 3-5 sheets completely filled with data, all 65536 rows. There are duplicates scattered throughout the sheets. Is there a way I can link all the sheets together so that when I do a sort, it will sort all the rows on each sheet within the workbook? You would need a macro to do that. This is an example of a Merge Sort algorithm - you would need to sort each individual sheet, and then you could look at the topmost item in each sheet and decide which record should be written to a new sheet (and adjust a counter for the sh...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Automatically update pivot table when switching to sheet that the pivot table is in
What would the code be to automatically refresh a pivot table when you open the sheet that the pivot table is in? Today, I changed data in the sheet that the pivot table draws from and forgot to refresh the pivot table. Fortunately, I caught my error in time and refreshed the table before I gave it to the boss. I would like the pivot table to refresh whenever I switch to the sheet that the pivot table is in. Thanks Try using the Worksheet_Activate event to update the PivotTable like: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() PivotTables("PivotTable1").RefreshTable End Sub hth, jay <b...

transferring data in rows of one table to columns of another table
Hi All, We are working with FCC station data that puts some simple numeric data in one file, arranged in a number of consecutive rows for each station. The next station's data follows consecutively. Each group of rows that are common to a station share an index number, while the next group uses its own separate number. A separate file contains the main information fields in a table of separate rows, or records, along with a matching index number. We'd like to move the numeric data in a group of rows that share the index # for a station, to a series of new fields add...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Q for Stephen LeBans or Allen Browne re: Row NumberVer2
Stephen or Allen, I have been trying to recreate the row numbering query you have in your example: http://www.lebans.com/rownumber.htm but the numbers in the query do not increment. The return value for the query when it is run, is zero for each record.... what am I missing? On Oct 27, 3:30 pm, Opal <tmwel...@rogers.com> wrote: > Stephen or Allen, > > I have been trying to recreate the row numbering query you have in > your example: > > http://www.lebans.com/rownumber.htm > > but the numbers in the query do not increment. The return value for > the query...

TIME SHEETS
I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-5:00 = 8 hours? See Chip Pearson's site. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:54:58 -0700, puzzled <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to design a template to do timesheets with. How do I create a >formula that will read in time, out time, lunch time then total for the week? > (8:00am-12:00 then 1:00-...

how do i form 2 lines in 1 row?
I'm guessing you're looking to force text in a cell to wrap into the next line of the same cell. If that's true...... Edit the text and move the insertion point to where you want to wrap the text. Hold down the [Alt] key and press [Enter] Does that help? ---------------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) "MSEXCELROOKIE" <MSEXCELROOKIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951AA059-1613-4A62-AAA6-7890AF6F84A6@microsoft.com... > In one cell type this is line one then Alt + ENTER then type this is line two. The Alt ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

Prevent printing a sheet
I have a workbook with 10 worksheets. On two of the worksheets only I want users to be able to view them but I don't want them printed. Is there a way to do this so only these 2 worksheets won't print. Thanks BeforePrint code will prevent if users have enabled macros. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim sht As Worksheet For Each sht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets If sht.Name = "Sheet1" Or sht.Name = "Sheet2" Then MsgBox "you are not allowed to print " & sht.Name Cancel = True ...

No typed numbers coming up on excel sheet
Suddenly we cannot get the right hand numbers on the keyboard to register in an new Excel sheet and previous sheets will not accept new work on them in one of our two user accounts only. This is being done also on old Works spreadsheets. The Works file has beeb uninstalled and reinstalled but there is no improvement. The numbers along the top will appear! Have we turned something off inadvertently somehow? We would be glad of any opinions. db Num-Lock turned off, perhaps? Bernie "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F252AEF-980A-43EC-8EEA-4E8FF1B5...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...

Extra Row in Defined Print Area
I am working with Excel 2000. I have a spreadsheet that has some 1000 rows in it. I want to set the print area for rows 850 - 950 and that works fine EXCEPT that row 504 also gets included in the print area definition. I have cleared the print area repeatedly, I have set the print area repeated and in every case regardless of what rows/columns I include in a newly defined print area, row 504 gets included as the very first row of the print. If I don't define a print area, row 504 does not get printed. But as soon as I set a print area regardless of where it is in the spreadsheet, row 504 ...

Can I extract unique cell values from every nth column?
I have a range that covers B5:XA160. For each row, data is entered in 11-cell groups: date, some numbers, description (a text value), more numbers, and more numbers. At first it was enough to merely count how many times certain descriptions appeared, because those were the only ones we would see - or so the story went. Now, I need to extract the unique descriptions AND provide a count! Actually, I'm cheating a bit. I'm using SUMPRODUCT to return the number of times the expected descriptions appear, and by subtracting these from the total number of text values I get a count of &quo...

Formatting part of text in a Cell & shortcut copying Row hieghts
1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a part of text in a cell? 2. Is there a shortcut way of applying hieght of a specific row to other selected rows. -- Many Thanks Gunjani After a hard fought 1-1 draw, "The best side drew." - Bill Shankly (Legendary Liverpool Manager) Hi one way for your first question: simly select the specific text part in the formula bar and apply your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunjani wrote: > 1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a > part of t...

Delete rows with names
Sub Deletenames() Dim Going As Long Dim Far As Long Dim Pass As Range Going = ActiveSheet.Cells(10000, 2).End(xlUp).Row For Far = Going To 1 Step -1 Set Pass = ActiveSheet.Range("N" & Far) If Pass.Value = "Every name but name entered in textbox" Then Pass.Offset(-1).Resize(2).EntireRow.Delete End If Next Far End Sub I am looking for assistance with this code. I’d like to add additional steps to the start of it. Ideally I would like to run this macro and have a textbox appear with a message that reads “What’s your name?” Below this question is a...

Rectangle border for the selected row in DataGridView
Hi, I'm using a DataGridView to bind my DataTable. The selection mode is FullRowSelect. I wanted to show a rectangle border for the SelectedRow[0]'th items. I saw in some cases the cell alone is shown with the border, but still don't know for which setting... :-( I wanted to do the same for the entire row... Thanks in Advance Regards ArunDhaJ Hi, First, may I suggest, you just do with out it? How critical is it after all? Second, I am not sure it make sense for the entire Row to have a FocusRect, since it indicates KeyBoard focus/input, and the whole row does...

i forgot the password used for the exel sheet
I had used a password as a security in the excel sheet n now i have forgotten my password so what should i do its an important data. Google is your friend? Many available password 'crackers' for Excel workbooks and worksheets, some free, some not. Some not-free ones permit a download of demo that will provide something like first X number of characters or every other character of a password or limit the length of the password to be detected. But those might give you hint enough to jog your memory. Typically such crackers don't even tell you the original password, but the...

Excel sheet: scroll down, but leave first lines visible
Hi all Have to solve a problem fast: Excel sheet has in the first 4 lines text that i want to have visible at all times ( fix on top ) even when i scroll down on the sheet...... How can i do it. Thanks for your help either here in the NG or to: wette-2(at)ballonfahrer(dot)ch Hans Select the Row under the last one that you want to remain visible and the select Window > Freeze Panes If you want the first 4 line to also print on every page then select File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to Repeat at top enter 1:4 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and ...

cheat sheet
I'm looking for an Excel cheak sheet or quick hints list. You mean shortcut keys? Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/excel.htm Chip Pearson's site: http://cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm Marilyn wrote: > > I'm looking for an Excel cheak sheet or quick hints list. -- Dave Peterson ...