extracting quarterly data and having it update daily

I maintain an Excel 2003 workbook for the USPS. It tracks daily occurences
over the course of the fiscal year. One worksheet keeps a running tally of
the daily input and uses the TODAY function in the condional formatting to
alert trends.

I wish to create a worksheet that keeps a running tally on each quarter but
because I can't enter arguments against TODAY I do not know how to limit the
date range to the quarter...and have it update daily as with the TODAY
function.

Best of the New Year to everyone...

A sample CF condition to trigger it if the current date is within the 4th Q
(Oct - Dec) would look like this:
=AND(TODAY()>=--"1 Oct 2009",TODAY()<--"1 Jan 2010")
Note that the "<" operator used is intentional as I find it easier NOT to
have to remember what is the last day for the month (30?, 31?, ugh). Any
good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Mailman" wrote:
> I maintain an Excel 2003 workbook for the USPS. It tracks daily occurences
> over the course of the fiscal year. One worksheet keeps a running tally of
> the daily input and uses the TODAY function in the condional formatting to
> alert trends.
>
> I wish to create a worksheet that keeps a running tally on each quarter but
> because I can't enter arguments against TODAY I do not know how to limit the
> date range to the quarter...and have it update daily as with the TODAY
> function.
>
> Best of the New Year to everyone...

Can chart size be dynamically adjustable to fit data points?
I am multiple series of data of varying lengths and would like to enter the number of data points in a cell and have the corresponding chart be dynamically adjusted to fit the current data sample. I tried specifying the series values as follows: =Sheet1!$B$6:INDIRECT(<cell holding the reference of the cell calculated to hold the final data point>,1). It says there is an error in the formula but when I click OK it highlights the exact range that I am trying to use. Hi, You need to create a named range rather than trying to use formula in the series reference box. See here for mor...

Data grid customization in asp.net (c#)+Template column
pls ., i expecting from all of u even if least answers..... Problem Is : in Datagrid we are adding two bound columns (ID,Name). and two Template Columns TemplateColumn1 - Textbox column for editing the name field. templatecolumn2 - checkbox column for selecting the row to delete. In template column1 we set the textbox value with the bound columns name ie(Name Field). while click on edit button, the whole datagrid will show the the template edit textbox with the value of name. After editing the text in template column, we are updating the value. for that we are fetching the v...

Can you sort excel data by color coded cells?
I have a report that has a column coded by color. Is it possible to sort by color to get each color lumped together? If it is not conditionally formatted colour, see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "lbs" <lbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3C11591-2803-4779-AD5B-6B21AD4BC25F@microsoft.com... > I have a report that has a column coded by color. Is it possible to sort by > color to get each color lumped together? Only with VBA. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortbycolor.htm for details and ...

data validation in Execl 2007
I want to restrict duplicates names in Col B.I forgot how to do that using data validation. Can someone help.Thanks see Excel -- Data Validation -- Custom Validation Criteria Examples http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85DCD19D-B841-4948-A3D6-4EBB7E91FA0D@microsoft.com... >I want to restrict duplicates names in Col B.I forgot how to do that using > data validation. Can someone...

How do I unhide data in a pivot table?
I hid some data in my pivot table by mistake. Of course, it is now hidden and I am unable to retrieve it in the pivot table. However, the data is present on the spreadsheet. I've refreshed the data and pivot table---tried all the help tools to no end. Help! ...

Merging 2002 pst data
I am migrating to a new computer as the old one gradually dies. I installed Office XP on the new (Win 7) system and copied over my Outlook pst file to the new system. so far so good. I started receiving my e-mail on the new system for a while. Then I had to do some work on the old computer and accidentally received a number of e-mails there. (never mind how I had the accident, please) How can I transfer these e-mails to the new system without messing up the messages I already have there? The e-mail address is unchanged. Thanks, Open your old file in the new installation ...

DATA DUMP WARNING
I experienced a problem with my data this weekend using Money Deluxe 2005. I thought my experience was worth conveying to other long time users of the product who maintain a lot of detail records. While reviewing the investment section I noticed an opportunity to clear out old stock prices from Money for stocks I had not owned for more than a year. Money said this would not delete any transactions and could provide more space. I stupidly accepted and in just a few short seconds the act was complete. I then started to worry that maybe I shouldn't have done it. The first place I go to check ...

Combo box data changing
My form has a subform (Link Child & Master field = ICNNO). On that subform are two fields "CA_Name" and "CA_Decision" and they are both Combo Boxes. A different list is displayed in "CA_Decision" based on the choice made in the "CA_Name" field. This subform is for multiple entries which all pertain to the same ICNNO. Example: ICNNO = 123 CA_Name = MG CA_Decision = 1 CA_Name = BH CA_Decision = 29 Everything is fine to this point: The problem is when a change is made to "CA_Name" it changes all the CA_Decision lists on the other entrie...

How do I sort data in excel by color?
Sorry, English isn’t my mother tongue, hope you’ll be able to understand my question anyway. I have a sheet with four columns of data. Three of them contain numbers and the last one contains a word like the example bellow. In Out Pending Name 1 3 2 Andrew 5 3 7 Mike 3 2 4 Andrew 2 7 1 Mary 4 5 1 Andrew Now, if I want to quickly find all rows containing the word “Andrew” I go to Edit, click Find and click replace and type Andrew into the “Find what” space and Andrew into the “replace with” space. After that I format the fon...

Data Base Path
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop We recently had a mishap iro our entourage application. Seems our main documents folder was accidently placed in trash and although I was able to retrieve it (or thought I did), entourage loaded a new version from scratch afterward, losing all previous folders, emails, contacts, etc. I had a techy retrieve the old database, which looks right by size, but have been unable to import any of it into the new database. I have tried switching main identity, but cannot access the old database. I have tried i...

error enumerating data servers
Why do I get the subject error message, when I am trying to select the SQL Express server from, File > connections > 1. select or enter a server name. I am trying to connect a Access project file to the SQL Express . It neither shows any of the File DSNs created previously. Sajit -- Sajit Abu Dhabi ...

how do i make a chart with two seperate lines of data?
hi i have a historical sales chart from Mar 2003 to present that i'm trying to graph. however, excel is making me keep the data in one straight line if i try to seperate it into two rows, it adds another bit to the chart how do i graph sales using two seperate lines of data? Hi, This is best done in 2 steps. Create the chart with the first set of data. Then use the Source Data dialog to reselect the 2 data ranges, using the CTRL key to select the 2 separate ranges. So for data that is in the range A1:E1 continued in A2:E2 you would end up with a series formula like this, =SERIE...

Data Callouts Moving Back to Default on Refresh
Hi everyone! I'm new to Visio but learning. I have shapes entered, have data from Excel linked to the shapes, and can move the data callouts to where I think they look best, but every time I refresh the data, the callouts move back to their original positions. Is there a way to lock them once I have them where I want them so they don't move after being refreshed? Thanks in advance for any help =) Have you tried "locking" their position? Select a callout, right click > Format > Protection > select lock x and y positions. If that doesn't work, then you ...

array frequency data search
Hi. I need to list, in order of frequency, the five most frequently occurring numbers from a cell series (say A1:J10). I have been stumped for weeks on this. I need Most frequently-occurring number Next most-frequently number etc (all the way to, say the fifth-most-frequently occurring number). I can used =mode(a1:J10) to find the most frequently-occurring number - but then I am lost. Can someone help? It looks simple ... but it's beaten me. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:34:01 -0800, bishee <bishee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. > >I need to ...

How to copy Table Design with out the Table Data ?
we went to duplicate a child table in our data base... but we don't want to duplicate the data in the table... just the fields and field definitions If we copy the table we get all the data too... right? How can we copy the Table Design with out the Table Data AND... have the Autonumber Fields _reset_ to start back at record number 1 ? thanks for any help. In news:472a4351$0$32506$4c368faf@roadrunner.com, Will <Will@somewhere.com> wrote: > we went to duplicate a child table in our data base... > > but we don't want to duplicate the data in the table... just the...

Accidentally deleted indexes from update
Hi, I am using Money 2003 and I accidentally deleted the quote updates for Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI), NAS/NMS COMPSITE (^IXIC), S&P 500 INDEX (^GSPC). Does anyone know how to add this back to my list of quotes to be updated? Thanks in advance. ...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

Matching Data
I have two Columns of data "Previous" and "Current" and I want to combine them in to a column "Answer" that has both columns combined and only a single unique entry. I tried advanced filter but this destroyed the format I require by hiding the rows. Is their a formula you can use instead ? Previous Current Answer 1058 1063 1058 1059 1065 1059 1060 1066 1060 1061 1067 1061 1063 1069 1063 1065 1071 1065 1066 1072 1066 1067 1073 1067 1069 1074 1069 1071 1075 1071 1072 1076 1072 1073 1077 1073 1074 1078 1074 1075 1080 1075 1076 1081 1076 1077 ...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Different error bar values within a data series?
I am trying to put error bars into my graph but need the values to be different. However, if I change one point it changes all of the points? Hi, Create two columns, one for '+' errors and the other for '-' errors. Rightclick on any data-point on your graph, "Format Data Series" --> select the appropriate "Error Bars" Tab --> under Error Amount check "Custom" and enter the ranges for the '+' and '-' values --> "OK" Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Izzy" wrote: > I am trying to put error bars ...

update prices in a catalogue
if we make a catalogue in publisher from an excel file. Then make some changes in the publisher, change dimensions of cells for example. If we then make changes in the excel file and we want to update the existing publisher catalogue and not make a new one how do we do it? Note: in my publisher some tools are hidden (grey) are not active. We use publisher 2003. Happy New Year!! Would your catalog be acceptable if the final version were in PDF format? If so, make the changes in the excel file, print to PDF and you would be done. -- Don Vancouver, USA "NIK A." <NIKA@di...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Excel (2007) Chart Refuses to Accept More Data Points
I have a simple chart set up that references data points which are vertically ten spaces apart. The chart has worked fine for months. However, when I went to update it with another series point today it simply will not "OK" the extra point. I click enter, I click okay, and NOTHING. It's not just one chart that this is happening with, either. In the same file I have another chart that references another point that is spaced like the previous one but I have the same problem. I've never had this happen before and tooling around with it hasn't yielded any fruit. Some sa...

Office 2004 Prof.Ed.update problem
I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then waits. I have to turn off the computer otherwise I can't do anything at all. I have already installed office a second time but that didn't help. Who knows this problem, or rather, knows what can be done about it? Thanks, Cees Cees Tax <cstx@xs4all.nl> wrote: > I cannot install the update program. It stops shortly after having > begun. It keeps searching the HD for installed components and then > waits. I have to turn off the computer oth...