Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal

What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I
have to enter is the numbers?

It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's:
Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point

Regards,
Fred

"Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I
> have to enter is the numbers?

0
Fred

Backing up large amounts
Can you recomend a backup service that will take large amounts of data to start? I actually don't need to back up a lot on any day but I have a lot of data, several hundred gb worth. I add to this here and there. ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Report: Dollar Value of Added Inventory??
Is there a report that can be run daily which gives us the dollar value of inventory added (received) into the system on that day? Knowledge Base article #869856 suggests running item/value list report and item/item movement report subtracting the second report from the first, but doesn't account for what was added that day. Thanks. ...

replace data w/ new data
I have a text file that I opened in excel and need to replace some of the data with new data. I cannot use the find/replace all function because the old data is not in a consistent list form. The data I need to replace is in column F. But there is also other info in the same column that I don't want to lose. Old Data: MAN GM 1.07305E+17 CP 1Z7812X90312160167~ New Data: 1Z67X81F0345554229~ It's very hard for me to explain...but I have hundreds of these that I need to replace the invalid tracking numbers with the valid ones. Thanks, -- Tawny Galvin VAS Entertainment Excel...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

printing problem w/ Excel
Im workin on off a purchase order template on excel. For some reason i cant figure it willl, only sometimes, print half of the purchase order form. If it only happens sometimes, maybe it's not excel. Can you try it on another printer? (and does it always look ok when you do a print preview?) frustrated! wrote: > > Im workin on off a purchase order template on excel. For some reason i cant > figure it willl, only sometimes, print half of the purchase order form. -- Dave Peterson ...

Period 13 w/ FRX Reporting
I have set up 13 fiscal periods in Great Plains. Both period 12 and 13 start on Dec 1st. I am monitoring them so that once 12 closes, I will open 13, as to ensure entry to the correct "period." The problem that I see is that in the transaction tables in GP, 'period' is not recognized, merely the transaction date. Therefore, when I run my FRX financial reports for period 12, it is including the period 13 data as well. Is there anything that could be done differently here, either in GP or FRX, to distinguish the periods for reporting? Thanks for your help ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

Installing new license w/Old settings.
Greetings, A while back, I left a job in which I used MS Office on my Powerbook. So the Office license on my computer was registered to that company. I then purchased my own copy of Office X. Anyone out there know how I can install the new Office license while retaining all my emails, contacts, notes, settings, etc from the old Office license? Then, I'm going to install the free upgrade to Office 2004 that came with my copy of Office X. Thanks in advance. In article <8c10b4e0.0411041141.70154217@posting.google.com>, johnrisser@aol.com (johnnyriss) wrote: > Greetings, > &...

"Enter Network Password"
Hi All Please help. I upgraded my OS to XP pro and outlook 2000. When ever log in to outlook it continually asks for a password. I enter it, clic "remember this password" and click ok. the box dissapears and come straight back asking for the password I just entered! I've tried everything to stop it including recommendations from th microsoft site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259416 Nothing seems to work. I've gone back to oulook express, tried outloo xp and none of this works. Anyone got any ideas? Cheer ----------------------------------...

unusually large amount not accepted
I ran into what appear to be a bug in Money 2002. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I entered a new recurring bill (under Biils & Deposits) with an estimated amount of X. I then went to pay the bill online and changed the amount for this payment to about 1.4*X (which was a 5 digit number of $). When I went to submit the payment, I got a dialog box saying that the amount was unusually large; did I want to continue. When I clicked 'yes', it simply returned me to the payment form. I could not get it to pay the bill for the desired amount from the Bills ...

Enter Billing notes for Project Timesheets in Business Portal
In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line. How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal. Here are the instructions: To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlight or click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KT" wrote: > In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet > header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesh...

adding digits with moving decimals
Cells U2:AC2 have 1000-9000 lbs. Cells S3:S14 have Compartments B thru M Cells U3:AC3 have the following figures corresponding the weights above. 7.3 for 1000 lb in compartment B. 14.6 for 2000 in compartment B. Here are the rest of the figures for Compartment B; 21.9, 29.2, 36.4, 43.7, 51.0, 58.3 and 65.6. The next row of numbers for Compartment C in row 4 are as follows; 5.4, 10.8, 16.2, 21.6, 27.0, 32.5, 37.9, 43.3 and 48.7. Upon entering a figure of 1500 in compartment R3, cell AF3 should add to read 7.3 from the 1000 column plus 3.6 from the 5000 column moving the decimal one...

enter key and it requerys
is there a way when i press the enter Key i can get ti to requery for example i have a search field, hit enter key and it requerys you could place a Command Button on the form, and in the properties of that Button, set the "Default" property to Yes. The Default button on a form is what runs when a user presses enter. Then in the "On Click" event of that button, you put in your code to requery your listbox or whatever you may have. ...

enter
Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I am missing in options. T"IA -- _______________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message news:%23Vo86xq6HHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Would like the enter key to go down one line & home. Is there something I > am missing in options. T"IA > If you use the TAB key to go across the columns, when you get to the end and hit Enter, the cursor will do that. ted wrote: > Would...

Form just opened doesn't see data entered in previous form
I have one form displaying data from an organizations table (name and address of organizations) with a subform displaying data from a contacts table (name, address, organization phone, etc.). The second form displays data from the contacts table with a subform displaying data from the organizations table. When I enter an organization in the first form and a contact in the subform of this first form then open the second form (with a button on this form), the data entered in the first form is not available. The data is present in the underlying tables but a search in the organizations ...

decimal spaces toolong when mail merging from excel
I recive data in an excel spreadsheet that contains in one column a number expressed as " 5.55" which is supposed to be a percentage, but when I try to mailmerge the data, it mailmerges as "5.55061561650660". In other words it carries out the decimal place more than 2 digits, which is not what I want. I have tried formatting the cell, rounding, hand typing the information in another column and deleting the column that contained the original information (which I am sure was edited from 5.55061561650660.) How can I fix this problem so that when I mail merge it comes ou...

Excel keeps wrapping cells with text incl. alt/enter
I have a cell with multiple lines (alt/enter line breaks) in a standard row where word wrapping is disabled. So I see only the first line and that's how I want it. Now, when I edit this cell the word wrapping gets automatically enabled (checked box) and row height gets adjusted to fit the text. It seems alt/enter breaks auto enable the wrapping, but what I need visible is a clean one line row no matter what text I put in. Any solution/workaround? I'm on excel2000. thanks -- Peter -- higgs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ higgs's Profil...