Drop list and redirect

I have two workbooks W1 and W2, they both contain the same columns with the
same type of data.  I know how to have W2 display the changed cell when W1 is
 updated, however I would also like to add a validation list for W2 in the
same cell. The list contains the same values as those entered in W1. Is there
any way to put the validation drop list and a redirect in the same cell and
if so how???

Your ever greatful student.....

I may not have a full grasp of what you want to do, but this is what came to
mind.

Name the list in W1 and in the W2 valadation drop down source box enter
=ThatName.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"WT" <WT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two workbooks W1 and W2, they both contain the same columns with the
> same type of data.  I know how to have W2 display the changed cell when W1
> is
> updated, however I would also like to add a validation list for W2 in the
> same cell. The list contains the same values as those entered in W1. Is
> there
> any way to put the validation drop list and a redirect in the same cell
> and
> if so how???
>
> Your ever greatful student.....

Customizing Activities / History List saving changes
Hi I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. Any suggestions, advice please Sarah did you publish the changes via Deployment Manager on the CRM server? -Gary "Sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62416116-EB6B-4CF8-AE4A-BBB4628F1923@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. >...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Distribution list cannot receive external mail
Exchange 2003 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I have set up a distribution list and it works fine internally. It cannot, however, receive mail sent from an external address. An NDR is generated and I have included a copy below: This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. The following addresses failed: <XXXX@XXXX.com> SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command: host mail30.messagelabs.com[193.109.254.163]: 550-Invalid recipient <XXXX@XXX.com> 550 (#5.1.1) I have configu...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Users not appearing in Global Address List
Hi, I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in the Global Address List. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks, Joe On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:39:52 +1000, "Joe Spenceley" <jspenceley@alwindows.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in >the Global Address List. > >Can anyone tell me why? > >Thanks, >Joe > Check in ADU&C to see if an email address has been applied. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx And: http://s...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Filter list not correctly refreshed
Hi, I created a pivot table in Excel, linked to a database. So I added some filters to this table, displaying lists. The fact is that when I try to find a value in this list (my filter list), I don't find this value. I explain with more details. I add a new value to a list A in TFS (value x). I wait for the OLAP cube to refresh. I open my excel file, I check in the A list (used in my file as a filter) and try to select the value x, but I don't find it. My OLAP cube has correcty refreshed the data (I can see it with the displayed data in my tables). What should I d...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Missing Contact List in Outllook 2002
User is trying to create a a distribution list in her Contact List, but found the contact list to be missing. How did this happen, and can it be replaced? Thanks. Herb Brown ...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Listing Dates
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with the following info: Date Time Profit 03/10/2003 0132 65 03/11/2003 0358 -22 03/12/2003 2135 120 ..... ..... 10/29/2004 1826 -18 So there are hundreds of rows of data. 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of this list? 2-How can I get the average value of PROFIT when Time is <= 14:00) Thank you Maxime ...

Where is my contact list
After a minor systems crash, something seems to have gone wrong in Outlook XP. I can see my contact list in Contacts. However, when I send an email, there is no contact list and no alternatives on which to select. If I then add a new contact, it is saved and appears on its own in the email contact list. Further investigation shows that is is stored in a file called outlook1.pst whereas all my other contacts are stored in outlook.pst I've prodded around and everything else seems fine. Does any know how I can get to access my original contact list when sending an email. TIA So how ma...

I want a list of everything defined on a form
I have a fairly complicated form. I want a list of the names of everything on the form. How to do this? Tom Have you looked into the documenter that comes with Access? Tools | Analyze | Documenter (actual selections vary by version). Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:GW4pi.23942$Rw1.23211@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... >I have a fairly complicated form. I want a list of the names of everything >on the form. How to do this? > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:45:26 GMT, "tom" <Spa...

Global Adrress List
Good Morning, I need help guys, i have two DOMAINScontrollers,the first " Exchange server 2000 " with name of : FOX.COM. The second " Exchange server 2000 " with name of : TEST.COM I need access "Global Address List" of FOX.COM in TEST.COM. How make this? Tank You! F´┐Żbio Viana fabio.viana@redevco.com.br Are these just two domain controllers, both members of the .com domain? Or are these two seperate domains? "Fabio Viana" <lefalus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b8aaea6d.0504141211.7aa35849@posting.goog...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

finding largest value from list of strings
I have a range that is populated from a db using MS-QUERY. All fields are formatted from the source as strings. Some columns contain numeric values. How do I find that largest value in a column? If the fields where values, I could use MAX() or LARGE(), but with the fields being strings, these don't work. Thanks - Daron Try this array-entered** formula (change the ranges to suit your needs)... =MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(--A1:A100),--A1:A100,"")) **Commit formula using Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter by itself -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Daron" <Daron.Lowell@gmail.com> ...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

How do I remove a "List" once I've created it in 2003
I just used the new feature "List" in 2003 to try to organize all my source data into one "unit" (to make pivot tables easier). It's not working as I planned and it slows down the resources so I'd like to undo the list. DOes anyone know how to do that? Thanks I believe you are looking for... Data | List | "Convert to Range" HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "Joyce" <Joyce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA8656B-FE42-463E-AD3D-9F99A77E22C1@microsoft.com... >I just used the new feature "Lis...

Odd Drop Down Box Behavior
I have a drop down box on a spreadsheet in a workbook with several spreadsheets. For some reason the contents of the drop down box is beeing bled through to other spreadsheets in the exact same cell reference that the drop down box is linked to, replacing what may be in that cell. It happens randomly yet often, and I have not been able to discern any patterrn or catalyst. The contents and cell formatting are being transfered. It also happens on other spreadsheets using the drop down box. This is an Active-X box, not a forms box, using Excel 2007. Anybody seen this? Squeaky...

Drop-Down list in a cell #2
Hi, I have cells in an Excel form which are used to enter data. But it' always same list of choices. I wonder if there is a way to create drop-down list of choice in a cell, so that the user can choose betwee the available choices. Is it possible? Thx! Werne -- Werne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2430 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39053 Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal13.html -- Rg...