Drop list and redirect

I have two workbooks W1 and W2, they both contain the same columns with the
same type of data.  I know how to have W2 display the changed cell when W1 is
 updated, however I would also like to add a validation list for W2 in the
same cell. The list contains the same values as those entered in W1. Is there
any way to put the validation drop list and a redirect in the same cell and
if so how???

Your ever greatful student.....

I may not have a full grasp of what you want to do, but this is what came to
mind.

Name the list in W1 and in the W2 valadation drop down source box enter
=ThatName.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"WT" <WT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two workbooks W1 and W2, they both contain the same columns with the
> same type of data.  I know how to have W2 display the changed cell when W1
> is
> updated, however I would also like to add a validation list for W2 in the
> same cell. The list contains the same values as those entered in W1. Is
> there
> any way to put the validation drop list and a redirect in the same cell
> and
> if so how???
>
> Your ever greatful student.....

Size of drop box
Is there a way to change to font size of drop boxes for cells in Excel? For a Data Validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger John Babcock wrote: > Is there a way to change to font size of drop boxes for cells in Excel? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Scrolling list?
Isn't there a way to make a scrolling list of fields on a form? I only use Access occasionally and it used to be 2003 and now it's 2007. I used 2007 for a project last year too so it's not like I'm just in transition. But if I have a form of say people, and on that form I want an endless scrollable list of say appointments (which links to its own table), isn't there some way, maybe using a bound object frame or something, to set that up? I've found a video tutorial online about putting one form on another, the same effect I guess as using the subform item in for...

How do I create a text file list of the contents of a folder
How do I create a text file list of the contents of folders. I have a huge data file of cemetery plots and no way to print out the list. Which fields of the message do you wish to save in this text file? You can create a single line view with all the fields that you want in your text file. Then copy/past this list into Excel. It will be similar to this; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

How to find a Lead or Contact that has no Marketing List Assinged
Hello, I would like to be able to search and find out any Leads or Contacts that are not included in any marketing lists. I have a huge number of imported leads and think some of them may not have been added to a list. We rely allot on marketing lists to send out emails so it would be useful for the future to check people are adding leads to a list. Especially due to the fact that if you convet a lead to a contact, it looses its marketing list and needs to be reassigned to a "contact" list. Any ideas? I have tried advanced find and cannot make it work. Thanks, Mary &qu...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

Adding some list items
Hello, I have an easy one here that I cannot seem to figure out. I have a simple list A:A = Vendor B:B = Amount C:C = Category (from dropdown list) What is the formula to get the sum of only the items in a specific category? E2 to E9 is the list of the categories. I tried =SUMIF(B:B,$E$2=C2) and it comes back as zero when B2=1000 and E2 and C2 are the same. Please help. The syntax of SUMIF is =SUMIF(criteria_range, criteria, sum_range) The last argument is not needed if the same as the first - this is not your case We need to sum the B values for all records having...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Smart List Builder install documentation include on all workstati
In the documentation for Smart List Builder install it should include that it needs to be installed on all workstations that use the shared reports dictionary. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

Drop down lists?
Hello, I am fairly new to advanced excel use. Here is what I am trying to do: I want to create a master list of names on sheet 1. On sheet 2 I would like 150 cells in column 2 to each have a drop down box that allows me to choose one of the names in the master list on sheet 1. I know this can be down and cannot find how. Please help!! Thank you You can use Data Validation to create the dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Tim wrote: > I want to create a master list of names on sheet 1. On sheet 2 I wou...

Mailing list
After a trade show I have a few hundred people who would like information emailed. We also have a few hundred more from past events. What's the best way to manage this with Outlook? I don't want to add 300+ people to my address book. I suppose I could create another account and use it as the repository of email addresses for such purposes. I thought that it might be useful to be able to use something like Excel to hold the email addresses and merge them with a personalized document as well as related attachments for emailing. The fact that Excel won't go beyond 65K rows...

Drop List
How to create a droplist in a cell? Thank you in advance for your help...MK Menu Data > in Validatation options you must choose to permit only a "list" of values... the list may be in cells A1:A10 for example or may be given as is 1;2;3 Here's a pretty descriptive article, MK. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/drop-down_using_data_validation_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5969FDF8-87AA-4916-A510-25002CF81DC4@microsoft.com.....

Block Sender List #3
Greetings Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some function call to access the Block Sender list in text format, ultimately to be captured into an excel spreadsheet? I have a list of Block Senders that I wish to check and sort, in excel or a text file. All I can find is the graphic window which does not help much but look at it . Thanks in advance "Barry Fawthrop" <barryNOSPAM@ttienterprises.orgINVALID> wrote in message news:9EtRb.126808$I05.2401937@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Greetings > Is there anyway via outlook express or via an SDK or some f...

Drop Down Menu on MAC Office 2001 not working
I am using MAC G5 with Mac Office 2001. The word drop down menu is not working properly, after reinstalling the software with the latest updates from the microsoft office website. Any suggestions ? I suggest removing the Word Settings (9) file. This should resolve this issue. For further information see the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article 288341: OFF2001: Menu or Submenu Appears Dimmed or Does Not Appear When Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288341 -- Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and...

Money 2005 dropped custom currency
I cannot load Money 2005 because it tells me Money no longer supports custom currency. I'm assigned to the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria, and had to use custom currency in Money 2004 to work with Syrian Pounds, my local currency. Is there a patch to re-add custom currency (Doubt it!) If not, I just wasted my money on...Money. (Good thing I made plenty of backups and still have Money 2004!) Stephen E. Wilson Damascus, Syria I had the same problem. I had created UAE Dhiram as a custom currency. When Money2005 converted the file, It asked me to select a currency instead of UAE ...

list of figures and tables -- several go missing when tables inser
First, this is not a problem with assigning a caption to a picture or not having a picture in line with text or any of the known issues I have read on this and other sites. I've diligently checked style formatting and even started with a new list of figures and list of tables and tested each update after inserting each caption and then each image file. The 16 figures and 12 tables in my list of figures/tables all showed after I added all captions. Next, I inserted (& tested) each figure after I added them. So far, so good. Then I added tables captions (it worked). However...

NO News, I can't find the news command in the list.. it's not in .
I follow the help file exactly on how to add news, but I don't have a news item in my commands list.. Thanks, joseph To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "joseph77" <joseph77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E91F4A4-336F-4331-BB79-9757E59DFCF7@mi...

Folder order reversed in folder list (Outlook 2000)
In Outlook 2000, for most of our users, the Outlook Today folder appears at the top of the folder list, followed by personal folders in alphabetical order. However, for one particular user, the order of his folder list has somehow become reversed - Outlook Today appears at the bottom of the list. Is there an easy way to remedy this? ...

Combobox selected item and drop arrow height
Hi, I've searched the newsgroup but I cannot find an answer to my question. The question is can you change the height of a Combobox's selected item and the dropdown arrow to its right? I'm not talking about when the combobox is expanded and the list appears. I've seen examples which change the size of each item line height but none change the selected text and the down arrow sizes. Thanks in advance. -Vin I dont think this can be done without owner drawing portion of the control. I am almost certain that this width/height is driven by system settings. --------- Ajay Ka...

Column drop-down list sorter
I need to create a drop-down memu in the column headers that show only rows with corresponding list info. So, I have a column title Names, I have 10 rows of data and under the column Names, I have Nancy, Katie and Mary. I need to be able to select only Mary and all the other rows that have Nancy and Katie in that column are not shown. Does that make sense? and how do I do it? Use the Autofilter feature. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/using_autofilter_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "CMonroe329" <CMonroe329@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Messages list is not correct
When I open up outlook, the first thing that I see is Calendar, Tasks, and Messages. It always shows messages=none. However, that is not the case. I have 34 in my inbox, 52 sent items, and 31 deleted items. I want the Messages list to accurately reflect this information. I am using Outlook 2002. If you're talking about Outlook Today, it will only show the number of NEW (unread) items in a folder...not the total number of items. The total number of items in a folder should appear in the status bar when you are in that folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to ...

List box, Combo box
Is it possible to select an existing item in a drop down menu, such as list or combo box, and have it link to another sheet tab, for exampl sheet2 or sheet -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26396 yes, it is possible. it involves writing a macro for that combobox o listbox -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra&#...

Emails sent to a distribution list are delivered multiple times
A user has sent an email (marketing info) to a distribution list (50+ addresses), the email is delivered to every address 50+ times. We have here Exchange 1003 with all the latest patches, emails are sent through a smart-host of our ISP. What can we do to prevent such things from happening? If I understand your question correctly then here it is ..... Under Exchange General Tab of your DL select the option "From Authenticated users only". WP. "Roland" wrote: > A user has sent an email (marketing info) to a distribution list (50+ > addresses), the email is ...

French names in folder list
My operating system is XP and in outlook some of my folder names are in french. Such as "Elements supprimes" and "Boite aux lettres". Outlook won't let me rename or change the name of the folders. IT changed some of the names back to English but they can't figure out how the change my Outlook Today folder from saying "OutLook Today - Boite aux lettres - Dennis. Please help!! ...

How do I organize my drop-down font list? Most-used first.
I hate going through the whole font list each time I design (or update) a page. Any way to organize the drop-down font list with my "favorites" at the top of the list? Thank you!! Not an option. Besides, with only a handful of web-safe fonts you really shouldn't need to. http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B633D68-8C98-4DAA-A024-4B240CDE4650@microsoft.com... > I hate going throu...

Outlook Today Task List Order
XP Home, Outlook 2003 In the Tasks folder, I can customize the view so that I can manually move tasks up and down in the list. How can I make this manually created list order appear in Outlook Today? It appears that in Outlook Today I can not customize the task list view, other than assigning sort orders, is it true? -- ICQ# ...