drop down list 05-24-10

hi all,
i am currently trying to create a worksheet which would have a drop down
list containing descriptions from the description column (i.e. 1,2,3,4...10).
description	 C2	C3	C4
1	  a	b	c
2	  d	e	f
3	  g	h	i
4	  j	k	l
5	  m	n	o
6	  p	q	r
7	  s	t	u
9	  v	w	x
10	  y	z	0
when i used validation for this excercise, it provides the drop down list
which is good. The issue what i am facing is that when i select the value
(eg.2) i want it to filter out all other values in that row and just show the
values related to 'Description 2' which should be displayed in their own
individual cells.
i know the approach what i have used is not correct and also, i want to
avoid the autofilter option.
Please help me.
seb

Check this out:
http://www.contextures.com/xldataval02.html

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"drop down list with related values" <drop down list with related
values@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
> i am currently trying to create a worksheet which would have a drop down
> list containing descriptions from the description column (i.e.
> 1,2,3,4...10).
> description C2 C3 C4
> 1   a b c
> 2   d e f
> 3   g h i
> 4   j k l
> 5   m n o
> 6   p q r
> 7   s t u
> 9   v w x
> 10   y z 0
> when i used validation for this excercise, it provides the drop down list
> which is good. The issue what i am facing is that when i select the value
> (eg.2) i want it to filter out all other values in that row and just show
> the
> values related to 'Description 2' which should be displayed in their own
> individual cells.
> i know the approach what i have used is not correct and also, i want to
> avoid the autofilter option.
> Please help me.
> seb

0
Luke

Simple hack to get $800 to your home at http://mastidunia.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Customizing Activities / History List saving changes
Hi I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. Any suggestions, advice please Sarah did you publish the changes via Deployment Manager on the CRM server? -Gary "Sarah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62416116-EB6B-4CF8-AE4A-BBB4628F1923@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have made some changes to CRM forms using formeditor. I do not know how will these changes show in my system. I have uploaded customization but its not working. >...

Add/Remove component error 01-04-10
Im trying to install iis on xp sp2. When i get to the add/remove component, i get an error message that say (setup library comsetup.dll could not be loaded or function OcEntry could not be found. contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x7e.) When i check the setup in C:/windows/system32 the comsetup.dll is there. I dont have the xp sp2 cd to reinstall windows or to get the comsetup.dll from. I already have the comsetup.dll located in the setup file in system32 so how can i fix this problem. Please Advise. Dodger. -- terrynichova ---------...

Distribution list cannot receive external mail
Exchange 2003 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I have set up a distribution list and it works fine internally. It cannot, however, receive mail sent from an external address. An NDR is generated and I have included a copy below: This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. The following addresses failed: <XXXX@XXXX.com> SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command: host mail30.messagelabs.com[193.109.254.163]: 550-Invalid recipient <XXXX@XXX.com> 550 (#5.1.1) I have configu...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Users not appearing in Global Address List
Hi, I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in the Global Address List. Can anyone tell me why? Thanks, Joe On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:39:52 +1000, "Joe Spenceley" <jspenceley@alwindows.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I've created three new users all with mailboxes and they aren't appearing in >the Global Address List. > >Can anyone tell me why? > >Thanks, >Joe > Check in ADU&C to see if an email address has been applied. See: http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx And: http://s...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Filter list not correctly refreshed
Hi, I created a pivot table in Excel, linked to a database. So I added some filters to this table, displaying lists. The fact is that when I try to find a value in this list (my filter list), I don't find this value. I explain with more details. I add a new value to a list A in TFS (value x). I wait for the OLAP cube to refresh. I open my excel file, I check in the A list (used in my file as a filter) and try to select the value x, but I don't find it. My OLAP cube has correcty refreshed the data (I can see it with the displayed data in my tables). What should I d...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Missing Contact List in Outllook 2002
User is trying to create a a distribution list in her Contact List, but found the contact list to be missing. How did this happen, and can it be replaced? Thanks. Herb Brown ...

backup #10
I just backed up Outlook to move to another computer as a pst file. However, when I try to import it in to Outlook, I am told I don't have authorization to access the file and I'm stuck. Did you back it up to aCD? If so, copy it to your hard drive, right click, choose properties, and clear the read-only flag. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozaso...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Management Reporter 07-26-10
I have 3 questions. 1. In Frx, there was a sigma sign that aided in producing =sum formulas. Does MR have a similar function? 2. Is there a way to drill back to the original transaction in GP. I believe FRx had that function. 3. When one drills down to the account level, the natural account seems out of order from the original layout. Thanks for any help on these. -- Greg. ...

Where is my contact list
After a minor systems crash, something seems to have gone wrong in Outlook XP. I can see my contact list in Contacts. However, when I send an email, there is no contact list and no alternatives on which to select. If I then add a new contact, it is saved and appears on its own in the email contact list. Further investigation shows that is is stored in a file called outlook1.pst whereas all my other contacts are stored in outlook.pst I've prodded around and everything else seems fine. Does any know how I can get to access my original contact list when sending an email. TIA So how ma...

Listing Dates
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with the following info: Date Time Profit 03/10/2003 0132 65 03/11/2003 0358 -22 03/12/2003 2135 120 ..... ..... 10/29/2004 1826 -18 So there are hundreds of rows of data. 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of this list? 2-How can I get the average value of PROFIT when Time is <= 14:00) Thank you Maxime ...

hey 05-30-10
hey i need help with my computer because it has lots of viruss how do i take them off or were do i go Windows Vista General Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "NEON'PRINCESS" <KIMBERLYRIVERA@MICROSOFT.COM> wrote in message ...

I want a list of everything defined on a form
I have a fairly complicated form. I want a list of the names of everything on the form. How to do this? Tom Have you looked into the documenter that comes with Access? Tools | Analyze | Documenter (actual selections vary by version). Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:GW4pi.23942$Rw1.23211@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... >I have a fairly complicated form. I want a list of the names of everything >on the form. How to do this? > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:45:26 GMT, "tom" <Spa...

Global Adrress List
Good Morning, I need help guys, i have two DOMAINScontrollers,the first " Exchange server 2000 " with name of : FOX.COM. The second " Exchange server 2000 " with name of : TEST.COM I need access "Global Address List" of FOX.COM in TEST.COM. How make this? Tank You! F´┐Żbio Viana fabio.viana@redevco.com.br Are these just two domain controllers, both members of the .com domain? Or are these two seperate domains? "Fabio Viana" <lefalus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b8aaea6d.0504141211.7aa35849@posting.goog...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

finding largest value from list of strings
I have a range that is populated from a db using MS-QUERY. All fields are formatted from the source as strings. Some columns contain numeric values. How do I find that largest value in a column? If the fields where values, I could use MAX() or LARGE(), but with the fields being strings, these don't work. Thanks - Daron Try this array-entered** formula (change the ranges to suit your needs)... =MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(--A1:A100),--A1:A100,"")) **Commit formula using Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just Enter by itself -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Daron" <Daron.Lowell@gmail.com> ...

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...