drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell

I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one
item from the box to go into the cell.

Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event
code.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same
cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one
>item from the box to go into the cell.

0
Gord

data sort way slow
Has anyone seen excel slow when sorting large data tables? I have to wait up to 15 seconds on a 2GHz Sony VAIO PC for the hourglass to stop. A friend does the same table on the same PC and it is almost instant on his. Jerry I've never seen this, but you may find some hints at: You may want to take a look at these two sites (Charles Williams and David McRitchie): http://www.decisionmodels.com http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm Maybe you'll see something that can help. (Sometimes cleaning up the windows temp folder will help. But I'm not sure it'll help ...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

New "Manufactured Item" Type
Hi All I need an additional new item tyype that behaves like a mix between an assembly and a kit. My shop sells items that are produced when the client buys then, and certain components can be substituted at time of sale and qty of others may have to increase, so creating kits is not really an option. I also need my stock, for each individual component to deplete when this item is sold. I would use assemblies as this gives me this flexibility, but I do not want every single component listed just the title of the component item and it's cost. I figure I need a new Item type, somet...

Importing data into vector graphics programs?
Excel is one of my favorite programs. I often use it to generate point coordinates for paths in Macromedia Freehand. I will select each point on a Freehand path and manually input x, y coordinates I get from spreadsheets. This is very time consuming and laborious. I am hoping there's a way to get a path directly from the spreadsheet. Hop http://clowder.net/hop/index.html ...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Best to have all one's styles in "Normal Template" ?
I assume one can save styles to other than one's Normal Template. Do the experts recommend also saving any added styles to the Normal Template so that one Template contains all of one's styles? Or perhaps, if it is advisable to have one template have them all, it is best to have that repository be a template other than the Normal Template? Thanks for any advice. -- Norm Hi Norm: I recommend having different templates for the different types of documents that you create. In them, I suggest keeping the built-in styles defined for each document type. I rar...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

How do I copy a filtered subset of data to another worksheet?
I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need to capture as a report each of the subsets of data for a snapshot of today's work. When I try to copy - the Clipboard, of course, copies everything, including the hidden data. I know there is a way to copy just what is visible but I can't remember and can't find any reference in any help files. Anyone? Edit|Go To|Special...|Visible Cells only "sftwrqn" wrote: > I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need > to capture as a report each of the subsets...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

Need help getting data from a serial port.
My program talks with a device using a serial port. In the past I always did my serial port work using the same functions like a file. I open the port using "CreateFile". I read the next character using "ReadFile". So I would poll to get data. Now I want to use an event driven method. How do I do this? I'm using Visual C++ version 6. Hi, First I thought you meant to do asynchronous communication, so I typed a bit about that (included it below my sig). But perhaps you really just want to use event triggering. So that's this story. You just open the serial...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

2004 Portfolio wrong data
The portfolio section of money 2004 seems to work great with one major exception. The Dow Jones price index downloads the incorrect price. It keeps reporting that the price of the Dow is 9.xxx when the correct figure is 10,3xx.xx. NASDAQ and S&P are all working correctly. I have money 2004 installed on another computer which reports the correct amount for the Dow. Obviously I have something setup wrong but I have been over and over it. Suggestions please. Thanks Dirty Harry ...

DDE Logging Data Loss in Excel
I have opened up a DDE link using ActiveWorkbook.SetLinkOnData. This works fine ... BUT ... when I use the scroll bars incoming data is lost. Is there a way of prioritising DDE over other Excel functionalities? ...

checking for same data
i have the azimuth of the sun for each hour of one day in the sam cell . there is 365 cells all in one column. (365 days in a year) the angl of the sun repetes it self through the year. is there a way that i can find an distinguish all cells with the same data? say turn them all green or red? thankyo -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31616 Hi Have a look at Chip Pearson's website ...

Map XML data to another XML
Hi, I have 2 xml document the A and B, i want to to map some of the data from A to B using XSLT, but without creating a new XML Document. How can i do that? Thanks Hello! > Hi, I have 2 xml document the A and B, i want to to map some of the data from > A to B using XSLT, but without creating a new XML Document. How can i do that? In .NET it is possible to redirect the XSLT output to an XmlReader, but I can't find it now... But you can also use a MemoryStream: write the output to the memory, set the stream's position to 0 and read it again: <http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2...

3rd party solution to substitute items?
We need a more elaborate & automatic way of substituting items in sales order entry. We'd like it to automatically swap out the numbers if an item number is superseded or if the item entered is out of stock and there is an alternate. One complication is that we may have multiple supersessions for an item and we want to use the oldest "version" of the item first until it is depleted. Has anyone seen a 3rd party add on that does something like this, or written a customization that does? Thanks. Chris, Please drop an email to discuss this solution. We are working on ...

'Compare data and append' Problem
Hi, I really hope that there is an easy way to do this..! I have a big sheet of data with maybe 60 columns and 3500+ rows all showing relative values to the headers in the first row of each column. It's actually data about how a telephones are configured on a large system, so the headers contain things like Extn Number, Port Number etc etc. Most of the columns are actually pretty irrelevant. Now, I have another sheet that only contains two columns defined as 'Extn number' and 'Desk Location'. This is valuable data that's hard to come by. I want to do some sort of lo...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Item movement
I want to run a report that will let me see those items that haven't sold during a specific time period (last 2 weeks, 30 days, etc.). I can't find a report template and hope that someone can point me in the right direction with regard to modifying a standard sales report. Thanks so much. Just set the report to the date you need with the filter and the qty sold to = 0. mt "coupleofdogs" <coupleofdogs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989E2240-872B-4F45-98B6-381BF9A40BC2@microsoft.com... >I want to run a report that will let me see those items t...

Data Integration for a Conversion
Our company is attempting to convert two acquired site locations into Dynamics GP 9.0. I have written the bulk of the data export from their legacy accounting programs (Sage BusinessWorks and Quickbooks). Most of the GP Integration Manager work has been done as well. The goal is to pull their historical G/L entries, vendor lists, and historical and open A/P invoice entries into Dynamics GP. Here's my question. Is there a separate integration I would need to create to distinguish between open and historical A/P invoice records. I can create two separate export files out of the legac...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Question on exporting table data.
Hello everyone, What I have is a normal table of values with the following column headers: Item Question References Status Action Is there any way to output these to a report in a similar, but neater, manner than the delimited export to text document option? I would like for them to be seperated by commas and be on the same line so when it is finished I will have a list of each row as follows: 1, Are the frequencies within operating parameters, REFERENCE, Satisfactory, Performed test on 1 Jan 2010. 2, Are the pulse widths within operating parameters, REFERENCE,...

COPYing the content of a cell to a graph as Title
I need to copy the content of a Sheet1 cell (just a name to a graph (in the same xls file) as its title. Ctrl+C does not retain the info as I go back to the graph sheet to PASTE it on the title. When I write a macro, the code displays an error that says the procedure can't be performed. Help, please. Thanks. Guillermo. Click on the Current title of the chart. In the formula bar type Once you have the = in the formula bar, switch to the sheet that contains the cell you want to link to, then press enter If you don't currently have a title, enter it by going to Chart|Chart Options. ...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...