Do you want to replace the contents of

When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to
replace the contents ofthe destination cells"   is there something I can add
that will automatically tell it yes?  Here is the part of the macro that it
stops on.

Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
        TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
Tab:=False, _
        Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _
        :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1))

Thanks

Hi,
Try inserting this line just above the problem:
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
You should restore this later in the code with the line:
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Regards - Dave.

"Donna" wrote:

> When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to
> replace the contents ofthe destination cells"   is there something I can add
> that will automatically tell it yes?  Here is the part of the macro that it
> stops on.
>
> Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
>         TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
> Tab:=False, _
>         Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _
>         :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1))
>
> Thanks

want questions

I want more!

seek better email replacement of Outlook
We operate a small California business and email is our life line, essential to communicate to customers, clients, and suppliers. We use Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002. We seek a better pop3 email solution. Which program do you recommend and why? Thank you very much. Before we answer this, I think you have to advise what is wrong with Outlook 2002, I personally use Outlook 2003 and love it. It's like anything thought, there are a "few" things I'd like to change, but it's not the end of the world, know what I mean? >-----Original Message--...

Text want wrap in text box

longer drop down box content?
I am creating a form letter in Word where the user fills in standard form fields (company name, address, etc.) and needs to choose one of three paragraphs to insert into the letter. I was thinking a a drop-down box would be the easiest excpet for the fact that the drop-down box only lets me put in approx. 10 words. My paragraphs are approx. 70 words. Is there a way to make the drop-down options longer? Or, is there a better way to do this? I am using Word 2007 A dropdown formfield has an absolute limit of 25 items and 50 characters per item. There is no way to increase tho...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

Find and Replace #16
Hi all how do i find and replace multiple items, i know how to do one, for example find 2 replace with 3 But how do i find 2,4,5,6,7,8,9 replace with 3 all in the one go!!! thanks andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487793 Hi Koba, Only way I can think of is to run a macro like this. Sub ReplaceEm() Cells.Replace What:="2", Replacement:="3" Cells.Repla...

WANTED
WTB: I BUY SOFTWARE - CHECK AROUND - YOU PROBABLY HAVE SOME OF THE BELOW TO SELL TO ME. SEE A LIST OF SOME OF THE SOFTWARE THAT I AM BUYING! I AM BUYING ALL OF THE BELOW. THE MORE QUANTITY THE BETTER! I am looking to buy large quantities of Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Dell DVDs with unactivated COAs included in a SEALED package I am looking to buy quantities of SYMANTEC NORTON ANTI VIRUS, NORTON INTERNET SECURITY AND 360 OEM AND RETAIL BOXES I will buy 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. If you have good quantities setting around and no longer need send me detai...

Check boxes
Hi---I am setting up a form with various check boxes. I want to set up a range of check boxes so if any of these boxes are checked, then one corresponding check box if also checked. On the flip side, if none in the range of boxes are checked, then the one corresponding box is also not checked. I hope this can be done with a formula or conditional formatting, instead of a macro....if it takes a macro, whoever resonds to this question, please explain in easy terms---I don't have a lot o fmacro experience. Thanks!!! A boolean checkbox reflects the TRUE / FALSE value of the cell it ...

Add graphic content to a new mail
Add graphic content to a new mail A lot of our suppliers send product information by e-mail where the mail appear as a datasheets when I open it in my e-mail tool (Outlook 2003). There are both graphic and text. What would the best way of producing that kind of e-mail be (e.g. containing a logo some product pictures and some text), and how to control the flow of text and pictures knowing that it would appear like it is designed. Can I use my Outlook 2003 to produce these kind of mails. (I am not planning some massive spaming, it will only be sent to our established customers) TIRisla...

Replace
I want to replace in a column every thing that is not = to "Header" with detail Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give an example.e.g what is your 'detail' >-----Original Message----- >I want to replace in a column every thing that is not = >to "Header" with detail >. > If I have in Column A diffrent data ex: A1:JFK001230 A2:FRA001630 A3:Header I want a macro to replace all the text in column A that is not equal to "Header" with the word "Detail. hope is is more clear >-----Original Message----- &...

I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005
Hi, I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. Thanks a lot. http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/products/vspro/details/default.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:#xJvGnNPGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to know something about Visual Studio 2005 > the size of it , and the System Requirements, who knows , please tell me. > Thanks a lot. > > Thank you so much! But I can not find the Visual Studi...

When repeating city want zipcode to populate
Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other cells? Thanks. See help on VLOOKUP function. Or go here for excellent help and an example workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:05:32 -0800, jrw - esq. <jrw - esq.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Making a data base of mailing addresses. Is there a formula to use to get a >zipcode to populate in a cell when a city and state is entered in two other >...

Copy Folders and it's content from a text file.
I have a script that searches a drive for a specific folder name and writes to a text file with the path. I would like to create a sub routine to then read the text and make a copy of that folder and contents to a USB Hard drive. (If possible with a progress bar to show me the status of the copy operation . ) Here is a copy of the code that I'm using. Thank you all in advance. -Jeremy Code: Set objRegEx = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp") Set objFSO=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFile=objFSO.CreateTextFile("C:\SearchLog.txt&quo...

Want Windows Mail to open my live.com mail
What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail To access Hotmail accounts with Windows Mail, you have to use POP3. See href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing) With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Sue Ann" wrote in message news:e$a0jezMLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows Mail ...

Visio Programmers Wanted
I am looking for a programmer with experience programming for Visio to develop a documentation tool. It can be a remotely developed project anywhere on the globe. ...

Want to Flag multiple messages
Is there any way to select several messages and Flag them all at once in Outlook 2002? Thanks! ...

split the content of cell
how do we split the content of one cell into two cells example : 6'X3' = 6 and 3 Left part: =LOOKUP(6.022*10^23,--LEFT(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))))) Right part: =LOOKUP(6.022*10^23,--RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"'",""),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"'","")))))) -- Regards! Stefi „cosmic” ezt írta: > how do we split the content of one cell into two cells > example : > > 6'X3' = 6 and 3 > Try =--SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,SEARCH(&quo...

My dataset contains units; I want to chart percentages
I am preparing a presentation in Powerpoint. My slides contain line charts. I want the dataset to be shown and reflect actual units and the graph to reflect percentages. For example, in period 1, customer purchased 80 units of Brand A and 20 units of Brand B; therefore, in period 1 Brand A represents 80% of customer's purchases and brand B represents 20%. In period 2, customer purchased 150 units of Brand A and 50 Units of Brand B. Therefore, although the number of Brand A units sold increased by 70 units from period 1 to period 2, Brand A's market share declined from 80% to...

Exchange 2003 wants to talk through a 5.5 site connector
I have a problem where an Exchange 2003 server added to a 5.5 site (in mixed mode, of course) wants to try to talk to a server in another 5.5 site accross a site connector that exists in the 5.5 side. The 5.5 site connector designates a bridgehead server on both ends, so it confuses me why the 2003 server thinks it has the right to queue up mail directly to the target server. Here is the scenario. We have a 5.5 site in an NT domain - lets call it Site A, Domain A. This site has only 5.5 servers and is the connection point for site B. Site B is in Domain B, so it has a separate service a...

Wants to Save As instead of just Save
Thanks for any help you are able to provide. I've been using FrontPage for years but have a minor issue that is annoying me because I don't why it is happening or how to fix it. Long existing pages that I modify in any way at all, will not save in the conventional manner. The Ctrl/S function, and the tollbar button, do not just save the page as it should, but takes me to the "Save As" window instead. I basically have to overwrite the page using the existing file name and then OK the resaving of all the images on the page. There is no duplication of pages...

need to save multi lingual content from an Excel file to a CSV fil
need to save multi lingual content from an Excel file to a CSV file. But it is erroring out. Help! ...