Date is displaying 00-Jan-00 when I type in 11/16/09.

When I type in a date field in my excel file the date "11/16/09" it is
displaying 00-Jan-00 instead of 16-Nov-09. Why is this happening??

Thanks!

Are you sure that you haven't put in =11/16/09 (in other words 11 divided by
16 then divided by 9)?
If so, get rid of the = sign.
--
David Biddulph

"Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I type in a date field in my excel file the date "11/16/09" it is
> displaying 00-Jan-00 instead of 16-Nov-09. Why is this happening??
>
> Thanks!

0
David
11/17/2009 8:47:03 AM
In xl2003 menus:
Tools|Options|Transition tab
Uncheck all those lotus 123 settings.

--

Dave Peterson
0
On Nov 17, 7:53=A0am, Clark <Cl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> When I type in a date field in my excel file the date "11/16/09" it is
> displaying 00-Jan-00 instead of 16-Nov-09. Why is this happening??
>
> Thanks!

you could  have a regional setting problem.

your default date format is not mm/dd/yy

Jan van Niekerk
accountant
South Africa
0
Jan
11/18/2009 12:48:57 AM
But I don't think that gives the symptoms whch the OP reported.
--
David Biddulph

"Jan" <jhvniek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Nov 17, 7:53 am, Clark <Cl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > When I type in a date field in my excel file the date "11/16/09" it is
> > displaying 00-Jan-00 instead of 16-Nov-09. Why is this happening??
> >
> > Thanks!

> you could  have a regional setting problem.

> your default date format is not mm/dd/yy

> Jan van Niekerk
> accountant
> South Africa

0
David

filter by date and action

OWA page can not be displayed
I installed exchange 2003 and on the same machine I typed http://ipaddress/exchange then I got "page can not be displayed" no error code or nothing. I changed the authentication to "basic authentication" "integrated windows authentication" and "enable anonymous access" for exchange, exchweb and exadmin in IIS manager and also EMS as well. I looked at the event viewer but there is nothing and exchange server is working fine. Please help to run OWA. Thanks I looked at the log under system32\logfiles\httperr folder I found bunch of 80 HTTP/1.1 G...

Inbox display 12-10-09
Using Outlook 2007, my inbox displays my name (recipient) instead of the sender's name. How can I change this so I know who sent it to me? Reset the view. Right click on the row of field names and choose Custom... then reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: ...

Pivot Tables 12-05-09
I have just begun to work with pivot tables and need to make my format look like the following. I want to use the pivot table to develop work schedules and want the finished product to look like the format below: Data: name date title 0000 0100 0200 0300 0400 0500 xxx xxx xxx x x x x x x I want the report format to look the same as above. How can I get it to look like this? Some great examples here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm http://www.babeled.com/2008/07/18/excel-pivot-table-tutorial-wizard-usage-and-basic-man...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Formula displays does not calculate
Hello: I just typed a formula in a cell and it displays =A4+J13 (the same formula calculates fine in a different cell), instead of claculating the value. Both A4 and J13 contain numeric data. I try Ctrl+~ to toggle and chk if full formula mode was ON? but that did not help either. I also tried looking for feedback through the formula evaluation utility in Excel, no help there either, it says cell being evaluated contains a constant? Your help is appreciated Hi Neil, Perhaps the cell is formatted as text? --- Regards, Norman "Neil Bhandar" <Neil Bhandar@discussions.mic...

LF displays as square box in cell
I have some cells with text where the LF (line feed) displays as a square box. Searching the web for this scenario suggests that turning on Word Wrap should eliminate this display but it does not in my case. Also, not all LFs in the cell display as a square box and one of my co- workers does not see the behaviour when he opens the file on his PC (another co-worker does see the problem). The text has been downloaded from a SQL query and I'm using Excel 2007/ WinXP. Any suggestions on how to clean up the view of the cells with this text? On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:20:38 -0800 (PST), John <...

Post Dated Checks

Money 2005 start-up error 12-14-09
I'm having the same problem and can not access my msmoney 2005 standard data, that it encountered an interal error and has to close. Has been working fine until today. I sure wish someone could help me with thise - it is mind numbing! I am having the same problem also. Seams very strange that this is happening to alot of people on the same day. Never had a problem with it before. We need help opening money 2005. hope that I dont lose all that important info. Very disappointed with MS right now. They don't seam to be very helpful. "Ricky D" wrote: >...

Determine Module Type
I want to collect information about each module in my DB. I am using the AccessObject properties to retrieve dates and so forth. However, using the property "Type" does not return expected results. All modules return as 5. I want to distinguish a class module from a standard module. Is this possible? Thanks Devlin DevlinM wrote: >I want to collect information about each module in my DB. I am using the >AccessObject properties to retrieve dates and so forth. However, using the >property "Type" does not return expected results. All modu...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Display The Cell Of The Maximum Value.
DISPLAY THE CELL OF THE MAXIMUM VALUE. Hi again. I have values in a2, b2, c2. i want d2 to display the value of the highest cell out of a2, b2 or c2 e.g a2=10, b2=15, c2=99 -> d2=99 a2=80, b2=1, c2=1 -> d2=8 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: D2: =MAX(A2:C2) In article <sokevin.1942t6@excelforum-nospam.com>, sokevin <<sokevin.1942t6@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > DISPLAY THE CELL OF THE MAXIMUM VALUE. > > > Hi again. > > I have values in > > > a2, b2, c2. > > > i want d2 to displa...

if statement with dates #2

Macro Names display
In my reinstallation of Excel 2007, in the list of macros (Alt+F8) the name of the workbook containing the macro is displayed first followed by the macro name which makes it quite difficult to track down the one you are after. I don't think workbook names were shown in the previous installation of Excel. Is it possible to change the setting so only the macro names are displayed? "Pete" <pitsofea...@msn.com> wrote... >In my reinstallation of Excel 2007, in the list of macros (Alt+F8) >the name of the workbook containing the macro is displayed first >follow...

error message 12-14-09
nearly every day I get this error message. I do not receive any emails. I have to log out of the email program, and go back into it. The error message I receive is ; 'An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0148' -- S.a.s.t.news What antivirus program are you using? Antivirus programs are the most common cause of problems such as that. "sastnews" <sastnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B428DB-1F76-49D0-BE2E-558B036A5FFD@microsoft.com... > nearly every day I get this er...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

chart displaying horizontal line for zero data
Hello, I am using a column chart in Excel. The chart is currently displaying a horizontal line when there are zeros for the data. It is working as it was designed to do... however I would like to make the graph not display a line when there is all zero data. Is there an easy way to fix this problem? Thanks Pseud In place of zeros use =NA() This displays as #N/A and these points are ignored by chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <pseudonym@1NET.gr> wrote in message news:1107198704.841502.289510@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...