Creating a formula in Excel

How do I create a formula to update weekly PTO time? I have to keep up with
300 employees PTO time on a weekly basis. Example: I accumlate 1.54 hours at
the end of every week with the week ending every Sunday. So starting
1/10/2010 I started off with 1.54 hours. Now, on 2/28/2010 I have accumlated
12.32 hours. I have people constantly asking me how many hours do they have.
I would like to create a spreadsheet with all the employees names on it and
have it update every Sunday, so that I will not have to go to the calculator
for all these employees. Could someone give me an example formula?

Is there any additional requirements
like how much time they had at the beginning of the year, how much time they
have already taken, etc
to calculate what has been earned since the first of the year you could use
something like =(WEEKNUM(NOW())-2)*1.54
this would give you the number of full weeks eligable
because I am subtracting the current week and the first week

"Desperate Jae" wrote:

> How do I create a formula to update weekly PTO time? I have to keep up with
> 300 employees PTO time on a weekly basis. Example: I accumlate 1.54 hours at
> the end of every week with the week ending every Sunday. So starting
> 1/10/2010 I started off with 1.54 hours. Now, on 2/28/2010 I have accumlated
> 12.32 hours. I have people constantly asking me how many hours do they have.
> I would like to create a spreadsheet with all the employees names on it and
> have it update every Sunday, so that I will not have to go to the calculator
> for all these employees. Could someone give me an example formula?

create a roster

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Check to see if a formula is correct
I want to do something like this Sub Macro1() If Range("A1") =(=B1 + B2) Then ' This is a formula Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Select 'Has correct formula Selection.Copy Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas End If End Sub How do I do this? Hi Try Sub Macro1() If Range("A1").HasFormula Then Exit Sub Else Range("C1").Copy Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas Application.CutCopyMode = False ...

Task Create - Status

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

Incorrect formula
Would appreciate help with my formula. I only want the 1 to be added to L28 and L29 if they have a value greater than 0. this formula produces 2 even if all the cells have nothing in them, but I need there to be nothing in the cell if no values are in any cells. If the value of every cell in the formula was 1 then my answer should be 14 but if cell L28 is 0 then the answer should be 12, and if neither L28 or L29 has a value then the answer should be 10, but because of the =1 in my formula I get an answer that is 12.(or 2 greater than I want if values are in other cells) Help appre...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Create external database

Accesing an Access Databse from Excel
Please, how can I access an Access database through ODBC from VBA. Where an I find the documentation needed. Best regards, Alexandru TUDOSE First, you don't necessarily need to use VBA to bring data into Excel from a database, whether from Access or another DBMS. Two easy ways are to use a pivot table (Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report, and specify External Data Source in the wizard's first step; then, follow the prompts), or Data | Import External Data | New Database Query. Some of these menu items will differ according to the version of Excel you're using. The pivot t...

Formula Bar Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi- <br><br>I have been having trouble with my formula bar. I have gone to &quot;view&quot; and selected the &quot;formatting pallet&quot; and &quot;formula bar&quot; options, but still it does not appear. What else do I need to do to make it show up? ...

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

when form created

excel crashing #3
I have windows XP and Excel 2003 with all the latest service packs. When I am trying to save an excel file to a floppy it always lock up after 3 or 4 times. Excel will just crash and it would take a restart of the whole computer before it will act right. I have tried other floppies, copying a different file all together from excel, swapping drives, reinstalling the whole office suite, reinstalling McAfee Virus Scan, etc. I did notice that it is something with excel and the floppy drive as a whole because I could copy all day long to the floppy random files from word, my c drive, a few f...

Formula Help Please #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I want to add a new worksheet and need to copy the formulas from the old = one to the new one. How do I do this? Thanks Jim ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C3EA1F.730C0840 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-T...

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure