Create drop down list in Excel 2007

Hi

Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007?

Thanks in advanced

What version of Excel are you using?

"lee-sc" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007?
>
> Thanks in advanced

Sorry Lee-sc, hit the send button to quick in my previous post.

In the Data menu, choose "Data Valiation", then "Data Validation".

Under Settings, select "List" in he "Allow" drop down box.

In the "Source" field, type in or select the list that you want to appear in
your drop down box.

For example, you may have a list in the range C12:C25. Type that into the
Source field.

The other two tabs in Data Validation allow you to enter messages that appar
if the user makes a mistake.

Hope this helps

"lee-sc" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Could you please share with me how to create drop down list in Excel 2007?
>
> Thanks in advanced

creating a table automatically
hi this is my first post, i'm fairly new to excel & i was hoping someone could help me out. i'm doing some computer work for my uncle & as i was going through everything that needed doing & i came accross this excel problem. I'd already created the document which is an operational status report. when he asked me to set it up so that a section of the report would automatically appear on each new page of the document. he's given me a list of the cells he wants to appear automatically. the list is a box from the cell A8 down to the cell N17. within the box is at least...

Creating and Organization Chart from and excel file
I was able to create an org. chart awhile ago and now when I try to use the org. chart wizard and select the excel file I get an error "cannot read names". I have excel and visio 2003. Can anyone help???? I want to include 4 fields from from excel file (name, title, department, reports_to). Help! Have you tried creating an Excel file recently? Perhaps there's an issue with your existing Excel file. I'd try generating a dummy file using the wizard, and then try importing it iback nto a new Visio file using the wizard. If that works, then you may want to cut / pas...

Remove page break in Excel?
How do I remove a manual page break in Excel with Office 2003? Select a cell below the page break then insert, remove page break -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Page Breaks in Excel Removal" <Page Breaks in Excel Removal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E56F3C94-66AF-4500-A776-32227DFCB1BD@microsoft.com... > How do I remove a manual page break in Excel with Office 2003? ...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

outlook 2007 runs slow

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Excel Crash

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...