Create a button to insert a new row.

I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how.  In addition, once the new row
is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can think of many possibilities, but I'm sure you are thinking of something
very specific.  Please give more information.

--
Ryan---

"Sharon" wrote:

> I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how.  In addition, once the new row
> is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
-2
Assuming you want the inserted row at the cursor location:
Sub InsertIt()
   On Error Resume Next
   Rows(Activecell.Row).Insert
   Rows(Activecell.Row-1).Resize(2).FillDown
   Rows(Activecell.Row).specialcells(xlcelltypeconstants).clearcontents
End Sub

"Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know Excel can do it; I just don't know how.  In addition, once the new
> row
> is inserted, I need the formulas to carry into it.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

0
Bob

changing row height
Is it possible to change the row height within the same sheet of some rows without it affecting the other rows? -- A fledgling at 64 hi yes it is. are you having trouble of any kind?? to set a row....on the menu bar>format>row>row height set the height to what you want. you may have to experiment. once set to the desired height and you need to set other rows to the same height, select the other row and hit the f4 key. this is the repeat action key. the set the height of the select row to the same height as the last row. if you need to have different heights then you ...

create a roster

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

Inserting a paragraph from one word
How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim is. Thanks Create an AutoCorrect entry that replaces "cycledim" with whatever text you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PawlingJohn" <PawlingJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8638BE82-BCDA-4AC9-AEB3-248CEF7E2606@microsoft.com... > How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in > cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what ...

Copying a row and pasting the same below it with just formulas
Hi all, I have 3 buttons in the same worksheet to copy a row and insert the same below it. I have this macro running for 3 different places. See my code below. The problem is: 1) I want just the formulas/formatting to be pasted, and not the constants. 2) And more importantly, if I use Button 1, then a row is added below row 15 and the rows move down and so for Button 2, row 36 is different now as it has moved down, if you understand? How do I keep it fixed that it always copies row 36 even if a row is added above and the rows move down. Same for Button 3. Private Sub Comm...

Task Create - Status

Scale tab missing on chart format button. Urgent!
I clicked on the chart format button while formatting a chart and I am required to click on the scale tab to change the number of tick-mark labels and more. I know this is done by clicking on the scale tab but I just have the patterns, font and properties. Where is it and how can I fix this fast. Please help! MM - Did you miss the axis and actually double click on the chart area? That dialog has Patterns, Font, and Properties. I think it's the only chart element with a Properties tab. Does Patterns have Border and Area sub sections? It's not the format axis dialog you've o...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

how do I copy a range to a new sheet
Now that I this group solved my problem of flagging dates of my club members as "expired", how would I automatically copy all of the members that are expired to a new worksheet so I can use this for a mail merge? I would need to check the condition of the expired column, YES or NO, then copy the yes's name and address columns only to a new page. TIA Why not just add that column and when you use mailmerge, just include the records with that flag set the way you need? If you really want to copy the rows, you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter and filter to show just those mem...

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

Insert Record
Sir i want to insert record one sheet cells into another sheets cells through command button. after saving data second data will save on next row Try this with Command Button on Sheet1: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim LRow As Long Dim MyCell As String LRow = Sheet2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If IsEmpty(Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1)) Then LRow = LRow Else LRow = LRow + 1 End If MyCell = ActiveCell.Address Sheet2.Cells(LRow, 1).Value = ActiveCell.Value Sheet1.Range(MyCell).Activate End Sub Mike F "Sohail khan" <Sohail khan@discus...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How do you print an Excel worksheet to show the rows and columns?
I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document that will show the rows and columns, rather than just the information. How do I do this? In Excel 97 (later versions will, I assume, be similar) click File - Page Setup. Then select the "Sheet" tab and in the box labelled "Print" will be a checkbox labelled "Gridlines". Check that and print it. Peter "Michaelangelo" <Michaelangelo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A635EBC2-AB49-45D8-803D-5C2E91ACDDAC@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Excel, and trying to print a document th...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...