counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column

I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a
catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate
sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the
past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were
closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the
category.

Hi,

Try this

=sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7))

A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the
closed tasks

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a
> catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a
> separate
> sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in
> the
> past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were
> closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of
> the
> category.

0
Ashish

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Pivot table and counting.

Conversion of Visual C++ 6.0 project to Visual C++ .NET (7.1.3088)
Hi, I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Is there any procedure exist for converting from VC++ 6 to VC++ 7 Please let me know. ASAP Thanks & Regards, Ganapathi Yes... hope and pray. Tell us some of the errors, without that info we cannot actually give some solutions. - MR "Ganapathi Hegde" <ganapathi.hegde@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:d0k0l4$i0q$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > I am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am ...

Matching Dates
Ok guys fairly complicated one here... I have a single table with 20,000 transactions within it. Each transaction has a date attached to it. I have another table which contains 3 fields, a StartDate, a FinishDate and a WeekNumber. i.e.: startdate finishdate weeknumber 01/01/2007 08/01/2007 1 What I need to be able to do is take each transactions from the transactions table and link it to this calendar table to get the weeknumber of when each transaction occured. How on earth can I produce this? Many thanks. Ash. hi, ashg657 wrote: > Ok ...

Can I change date on 1 page and have it auto change on every page
In publisher I have tickets that are dated. I need to change the date before printing each time. I have 75 pages with the date listed 8 times on each page. trying to see if it is possible to change the date once and have it automatically change on every page. ...

Cycle Counting

Count

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Populate Blank Fields with "0" based on checkmark.
I have a form with 20 fields. The user enters data into some but not all of the fields depending on where they collected data. Is it possible to create a checkbox where, after the user enters their data, they click the checkbox, and any of the 20 fields that are blank get populated with a 0? Thanks for the help. Is there any reason you want them to be zero? If they are numeric fields, you can set the default to zero in table design view. There is no need to use a checkbox, you can arrange it so any empty fields are converted to zero when you move to another record or exit th...

Line count

getting rid of zero values in a column
i have a set of data on a column that i`ll use to plot on a graph and find a trendline for its behaviour...problem is: there is zero values in some cells that were not calculated... i want to copy this data in a new column getting rid of cells with zero value because it results in a wrong trendline...how can i do this?please help this is an example of what i mean: 1 1 3 3 4 4 0 6 6 3 3 1 0 0 0 1 One of the simpler ways is to hide the rows for the cells that have zeros and then plot the graph. "kafoury123" wrote: > i have a set of data on a ...

gift cards #7
I am getting Gift cards made for our store but can’t programme it for vouchers like part payment and remaining balance on the card. how do I do that? ...

Text to Columns 06-01-10
Hi. I have a column where I have names and surnames. I want to put name in one column and surname in anoter column. In order to do this, I use Text to Columns, but I have the following issue: if the cell contains for example Juan Pérez, it works ok, but when the cell contains Juan De los Santos, it assumes there are three surnames, and then put me one word in each column. This is the result, with the example mentioned: A B C D Juan Pérez Juan De los Santos How can I indicate that...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! Look for =workday() in Excel's help. (Also part o...

Changing Account Distribution Based on Customer Region
My chart of accounts is segmented by Product and Region. I have setup SOP to use posting Account from Item. In addition, I have setup a User-defined field to identify each customer region in Customer Address. Since I can only have one sale account for an item, I don't want to manually change my account distribution in sales documents everytime I sell to customers in a different region from the default defined for the item. I would like GP to automatically change the Account Distribution so that it substitute the appropriate region segment based on the user-defined field in Customer...

Completion Percentage of a date range
I have started a task sheet in excel and i have a "task description" coloumn, a "start date", "finish date", "number of days" and a "% complete" column. What i want to achieve is the user to enter the first task start date and the number of days it will take to complete. Then excel will work out the end date and the percent complete field relating to the current date. Is there a easy formula of working out the percentage? Many thanks Hi Brian, I think this is right? Assume Column A is Task, B is Start Date, C is No. of Days, D is End ...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Counting sales

Bottom Tabs in Windows 7
I noticed that in Windows 7, the tabs of the opened spreadsheets and word documents at the bottom are not there. While I like the new Windows transparent feature that is in my unpin, I miss having all of the open document tabs at the bottom of my screen so that I can switch fast between documents. Can I get this feature back? right click taskbar, select properties, select combine when taskbar is full. (Default is always combine.) Of course, you don't need to do this to have a similar result. Simply mouse over the single icon for Excel (or Word, or Whatever) and you'll see ...

Win2003, SQL Server 2005 and GP 7.5
My server runs Win2003 Enterprise edition, SQL Server 2005 Standard edition with an Express instance. My new business associates have GP 7.5. Can I load Great Plains from their orignal CDs and successfully run newly entered data? Transfer existing data? Is there an update site that allows 7.5 to be current? Is there documentation posted somewhere covering this scenario? OR must I find an old computer on which to load Win2000 and SQL Server 2000? GP 7.5 will not be supported on SQL Server 2005. Only GP 8.0 sp4 and GP 9 will be supported on this version of SQL Server. You could lo...

Column Forumulas
I'm sure this is simple, but i suck with excel. Okay, I want to mulitply column A by column B and paste the product into column C. For example, A2 x B2 = C2, but for say, 100 rows without having to do it by hand. -- GuitarFingers ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GuitarFingers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34737 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544964 Select the 100 cells in C, starting at C2 In the formula bar, enter =A2*B2 Use Ctrl-Enter to enter the formula...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...