Counting coloured cells?

I'd like to know how we can count coloured cells?

i.e

If cells A1 C1 E1 F1 and G1 are coloured, I’d like to know how I can see the
total coloured cells in H1?

I suppose it’s a little bit more complicated than it looks. Any help would
be appreciated. Thank you.

See your other post.  No need to ask again.
--
David Biddulph

"Atomic" <Atomic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to know how we can count coloured cells?
>
> i.e
>
> If cells A1 C1 E1 F1 and G1 are coloured, I'd like to know how I can see
> the
> total coloured cells in H1?
>
> I suppose it's a little bit more complicated than it looks. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thank you.

0
David
12/1/2009 10:09:39 PM
see your other post, 2 posts up from this one.

"Atomic" wrote:

> I'd like to know how we can count coloured cells?
>
> i.e
>
> If cells A1 C1 E1 F1 and G1 are coloured, I’d like to know how I can see the
> total coloured cells in H1?
>
> I suppose it’s a little bit more complicated than it looks. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thank you.

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Pivot table and counting.

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Cycle Counting

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

To keep in just one cell all values related to a monthly rate
I have to update in a monthly basis a currency rate. I know that there is a function, formula (or something like that) to link a month descripton to a number. e.g. September09 1,325 October09 2,235 November09 1,258 I would like to select correspondent month and the cell be updated with the value. Data Validation dropdown list for choosing the month combined with a lookup table and VLOOKUP function. For help on creating data validation dropdown lists see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html For help on VLOOKUP to populat...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Count

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Counting sales

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Is it possible to plot discontiguous cells?
Hi, I posted this yesterday in Miscellaneous, but thought it would be a good idea to ask here, too. I have a column which returns data from other columns based on a set of formulas. The result in each cell can be either a number (to plot in a line chart) or a blank and/or "-" sign like so: 5 - - 3 - - - 8 I would like to be able to chart only the numbers which result in this column. The dashes and numbers will not always position in the same manner as the calculations are altered by user input (therefore I cannot merely return the next number a fixed rows down into another colum...

Changed Cell Address
I am using the Sub shown below. Question: How do I determine the address of the changed cell? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim WatchRange As Range Dim IntersectRange As Range Set WatchRange = Range("E1:E31") Set IntersectRange = Intersect(Target, WatchRange) If IntersectRange Is Nothing Then 'MsgBox "Changes occured outside of range" Else 'MsgBox "You modified the selected range of cells" Application.Run "Test.xls!Time_Stamp" End If End Sub Hi Richard maybe target.address Cheers JulieD "Richard"...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

data validation
I have used MS Excell 97 and would like to define the validation rul over the celles in one column, so that text(or number) value entered i the every next cell to be unique in relation to the all previou completed celles. If somebody knows the decision of the problem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html (Prevent Duplicates) -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "doynovam >" <<doynovam.14at0j@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

select a range by cell names; vba
I'm trying to select X rows for a sort. The first and last rows have a defined name, RSTART and RLAST. They look like this in the Define Name dialog: ='MySheet'!$15:$15 .... How do you select the rows using these names. Here's the macro output of my best shot. I can't figure out how to incorporate the second name. Thank you. Sub trythis() Application.Goto Reference:="RSTART" Rows("15:59").Select '<---- Held down shift key and selected RLAST in cell address combo Range("I15").Activate ' what is ...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...