Count Unique text in 3 different columns

Hi,

I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
consideration three diffrent columns, example;
Column A	Column B	Column C
DC&D	aagis	Ternure
DC&D	aagis	Ternure
DC&D	adamk	New Hire
DC&D	adamk	New Hire
DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure
AIO	buyssp	Ternure

Hope someone could help me.

Many Thanks,

Hi,
what are the results you are looking for ?

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi,

I'm not sure if you want each column or a single count for the 3 columns.
Try these ARRAY formula

All Columns
=SUM(IF(LEN(A1:C23),1/COUNTIF(A1:C23,A1:C23)))

A single column. Drag right for cols B & C
=SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A23),1/COUNTIF(A1:A23,A1:A23)))

These are array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

--
Mike

question.

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi, Sorry, I am looking to have the Unique Number of Names (Column B) where
they are Ternured or New Hire (Column C) for each of the Categories (Column
A) as per example would be something like;
Ternured - DC&D - 3 Names
New Hire - DC&D - 2 Names
Ternured - AIO - 1 Name
New Hire - AIO - 1 Name

There is also a possibility that 1 Name appear in both Categories (Column A),

Hope I have been a bit more clear,
Many Thanks for the help

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> what are the results you are looking for ?
>
> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
Hi Mike,

Many Thanks for your reply and help, and the examples are great but I need
to go futher, I need to ascertain the number of Agents (Column B) for each of
the Categories in column A and C and were the same agent can be in both
category in Column A... in fact I need to get the Total Unique Names of New
Hire/Ternured for each of the Category DC&D/AIO.

Regs,

"Mike H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if you want each column or a single count for the 3 columns.
> Try these ARRAY formula
>
> All Columns
> =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:C23),1/COUNTIF(A1:C23,A1:C23)))
>
> A single column. Drag right for cols B & C
> =SUM(IF(LEN(A1:A23),1/COUNTIF(A1:A23,A1:A23)))
>
> These are array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
> 'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
> 'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
> 'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.
>

> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0),MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0))>0))

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Assuming your data in a1:c23

criteria
E1: DC&D    F1: Ternure
E2: DC&D    F2: New Hire
and so on...

G1:
=SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(($A$1:$A$23=E1)*($C$1:$C$23=F1),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,)),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,))>0))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter
copy down as far as needed

"Vitordf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> Column A	Column B	Column C
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> AIO	buyssp	Ternure
>
> Hope someone could help me.
>
> Many Thanks,
Hi,

Again many Thanks, and yes the formula you gave me is great and very useful
for other applications I have, but for this particular exercise I need to
have the result as:

	DC&D	AIO
New Hire	2	1
Ternure	3	1

I need to ascertain the Number of New Hires and Ternured in each category.

Thanks,

"Teethless mama" wrote:

> =SUM(N(FREQUENCY(MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0),MATCH(A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,A1:A23&B1:B23&C1:C23,0))>0))
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
many Thanks for your GREAT Help, this is exactly what I was looking for, you
have saved a lot of working hours... :-))

"Teethless mama" wrote:

> Assuming your data in a1:c23
>
> criteria
> E1: DC&D    F1: Ternure
> E2: DC&D    F2: New Hire
> and so on...
>
> G1:
> =SUM(N(FREQUENCY(IF(($A$1:$A$23=E1)*($C$1:$C$23=F1),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,)),MATCH($B$1:$B$23,$B$1:$B$23,))>0))
>
> ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter
> copy down as far as needed
>

> "Vitordf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a
> > spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into
> > consideration three diffrent columns, example;
> > Column A	Column B	Column C
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	aagis	Ternure
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adamk	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	adasilva	New Hire
> > DC&D	vdafons	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > DC&D	AMPATA	Ternure
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	Ashaw	New Hire
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> > AIO	buyssp	Ternure
> >
> > Hope someone could help me.
> >
> > Many Thanks,
Excel 2007 PivotTable
One formula used:
=1/COUNTIF([Name],[Name])
http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/04_06_10.xlsx
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yim4emdgnum/04_06_10.pdf

0
Herbert

Pivot table and counting.

how to make cells automatically format to entered text size?
hello, i am new to excel and i would like to have it resize the cells automatically to the size of the text i entered. i know if i click on a cell and do format - line break it does it for one cell. but how can i have excel do this automatically for every cell in every workbook? thanks Frank Barenhorst email: frank.barenhorst@mailshelter.de Frank Hit CRTL + A to select all cells. Format>Alignment>Wrap Text. To make this the default for all new workbooks and sheets.... Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and...

text box printing problems
I have created text boxes using the tool bar, however when I print the sheet or even print preview it moves all the text boxes to the left when it returns to the normal view. I do not want them to realign, but have tried everthing and can not figure out why they are doing this. xl2002??? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directl...

Import text file from MS Word into MS Publisher.
I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. I want the Word pages to precede the Publisher pages. How is this done? >-----Original Message----- >I have created a text file in Word and a photo file in Publisher and would >like to merge the two. When I imported Word, it seemed to be totally >separate from the Publisher document - 7 pages of Word and 8 pages of photos. > >I want the Word pages ...

Cycle Counting

Adding Text to Charts
I have created a chart in Excel that tracks one of the stock indexes. I have been able to point arrows to specific days and add text so I know what was the reason the stock index was up or down on that day. However, as my chart expands the arrows and text are no longer associated with those day I initially intended it for. Is there any way in Excel to associate text with specific day and have it attached so that if the chart grows or shrinks it will always be associated with that particular day. Thanks Hi Roy, The trick is to group the graphic element and the chart. When adding a graph...

Count

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

configure text box
I recently upgraded to Publisher 2003. I can't find how to configure text boxes to overlap each other and keep the text in the same position. In my old version, there was a "check" box in the format text box to allow for this. I've tried different wrapping options in 2003, but can't figure it out. You never have been able to do this in any version of Publisher. You are dreaming about a Text Box - never existed. You either have to place one Text Frame on the Background (Ctrl+M) or convert one to a graphic. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road...

Line count

Training Material for CRM 3.0
Is there any eCourse, class training or exams available for 3.0 yet ? I know the training guides have been completed. Whether they are available to be purchased yet is another story. Contact you MBS reseller to see if they have them yet ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "cpj" <cpj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF758215-686F-4FD3-9186-A2DE596AB67C@microsoft.com... > Is there any eCourse, class training or exams available for 3.0 yet ? ...

Simple...Update Text Box in Chart
Hello, I have a chart in an MS Excel worksheet and I would like to change the value/caption of a textbox( Text Box 20). I have only been able to change the title of the chart with the following: With MyChart.Workbooks(1).Worksheets("Chart").ChartObjects(1).Chart .HasTitle = True .ChartTitle.Text = "Summary of Report" & date() 'Add Today's Date End With Do I have to reference the chart or do I have to reference the textbox itself? Hi, If the shape is actual embedded in the chart object then something like, ActiveChart.Shapes(&quo...

Text to Columns 06-01-10
Hi. I have a column where I have names and surnames. I want to put name in one column and surname in anoter column. In order to do this, I use Text to Columns, but I have the following issue: if the cell contains for example Juan Pérez, it works ok, but when the cell contains Juan De los Santos, it assumes there are three surnames, and then put me one word in each column. This is the result, with the example mentioned: A B C D Juan Pérez Juan De los Santos How can I indicate that...

Counting sales

RMS 3.0
Does anyone know when 3.0 will be available ? Is there a beta to play with ? The Beta version is due in Q1 2008 with the release set later in the year but I think it is behind schedule. The HQ version will probably not be until 2009 By the way it won't be called RMS any more but something like Microsoft POS Express, Standard and Professional or something along those lines. Can't remember the exact names. "John Pierce" wrote: > Does anyone know when 3.0 will be available ? > > Is there a beta to play with ? > That is so far away. I don't think I can...

I'm looking for finacial advice. #3
I'm looking for finacial advice. http://www.swoopon.com/Swoopon/money.htm ...

Disappearing text
When I paste some text from a web page into Word 2007, I can edit the text but it does not print. It does not appear in print preview either. However I can read it in Word. I notice the text has underlining. What gives? Sounds as if the text is formatted as hidden. Select it and clear the "Hidden" option in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D). If you see a filled box (instead of a check mark), just click the option twice to turn it off. (The filled box indicates different settings in the selection; for example, some text may be hidden while other text is not.) -- Stefan B...

3-rd tools to Recovery edb files
Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). thanks http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/ -- My Regards, Omar El-Sherif "Luk" <only4news@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eox4HmrPGHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Do you know any good tools to restore single mail or single mailbox from > offline backup Exchange database files (edb or stm files). > > thanks try http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/ - they've been around for a few years now and seem to have a...

Column Forumulas
I'm sure this is simple, but i suck with excel. Okay, I want to mulitply column A by column B and paste the product into column C. For example, A2 x B2 = C2, but for say, 100 rows without having to do it by hand. -- GuitarFingers ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GuitarFingers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34737 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544964 Select the 100 cells in C, starting at C2 In the formula bar, enter =A2*B2 Use Ctrl-Enter to enter the formula...

Pasting text from Word 2008 into dreamweaver
It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. Yes I can drag text from word to DW or I can paste in code view but this kills all formatting. This makes 2008 a definite no no for purchase as far as I am concerned and I am sure many other people.<br> <br> K <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote: > It doesn't work. This is a major problem and jams my workflow. I remember other people posting about this in the group. As I remember it, Office places multiple formats fo the text in the clipboard and it's up to DW to decide which one to take. Apparentl...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

How to size static text box?
I've got a relatively simple dialog that includes some static text along the border containing a mini-help message. On my two systems here with Win2K and WinXP at both 1200x1024 and 1600x1200 resolution the text displays fine. At another location with both WinNT4.0 at 1024x768 and Win2K at 1200x1024 part of the text is cut off because the box is too small for it. It's possible, I think, that the problem isn't the resolution of the displays but the size of the "standard text" font, but I don't want to start changing a dozen different desktop fonts until I find which ...