Count number of instances

Need a formaula  to look at an entire column and count the number of
different times (say date of product)

Thanks
--
ce

Do you mean a unique count..=COUNT() will give you a total count of numeric
values (including date, time, numbers etc; ).

Why dont you post few samples...

"Curtis" wrote:

> Need a formaula  to look at an entire column and count the number of
> different times (say date of product)
>
> Thanks
> --
> ce
Yes sorry unique count.

If I have Products in column b

apples
apples
peach
grape
lemon

I want to count the number of unique products as in this case the result
would be 4
--
ce

"Jackpot" wrote:

> Do you mean a unique count..=COUNT() will give you a total count of numeric
> values (including date, time, numbers etc; ).
>
> Why dont you post few samples...
>
> "Curtis" wrote:
>
> > Need a formaula  to look at an entire column and count the number of
> > different times (say date of product)
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > ce
Try the below.

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20<>"")/COUNTIF(B1:B20,B1:B20&""))

"Curtis" wrote:

> Yes sorry unique count.
>
> If I have Products in column b
>
> apples
> apples
> peach
> grape
> lemon
>
> I want to count the number of unique products as in this case the result
> would be 4
> --
> ce
>

> "Jackpot" wrote:
>
> > Do you mean a unique count..=COUNT() will give you a total count of numeric
> > values (including date, time, numbers etc; ).
> >
> > Why dont you post few samples...
> >
> > "Curtis" wrote:
> >
> > > Need a formaula  to look at an entire column and count the number of
> > > different times (say date of product)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > --
> > > ce
If you wanted to count the number of unique entries in that range, you could use
a formula like:

=sumproduct((a1:a10<>"")/countif(a1:a10,a1:a10&""))
(you can only use the entire column in xl2007)

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to get a long column of numbers to wrap and print on 1 page?
I have a long column of numbers that we add to daily. This column needs to be sorted in ascending order and then printed. I don't know of a way to sort multiple columns together so that is why it is one long column. Is there a way to get it to print as multiple columns across a page so as to not have numerous pages with only 1 column on each? Thanks. take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm In article <3880FBB4-BF95-4A82-B98A-519C79BF1A34@microsoft.com>, Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a long column of numbers th...

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Count

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Line count

Counting sales

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

telephone number field mask
I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would like the mask to return data like this : 111 111 1111. What is the formula for this? Any help is appreciated. Mtn244: Thanks much for assistance. I tried your mask with great success. All is good in River City. Thanks again for your help. Frank "mtn244" <mtn244@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82895481-BC0D-4FB7-A9A8-1649395C1224@microsoft.com... > Try this input mask: > !999 000 0000;0; > > "Frank" wrote: > >> I have a field I use for telephone numbers. I would lik...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Number format / field size
I want to set a Primary key with 16 digits - 4 groups of 4 numbers with spaces between - which I can use in a calculated field to increment. I have tried every permutation I can think of, can anyone help please? Use 4 separate fields, put contraints so that none of them can exceed 9999, and concatenate them into a single field in a calculated field in a query. Use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Kitty R" <Kitty R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

How can I search for and display actual record numbers in Access?
I have a form that has several fields to save data in for achieve purposes. I also have a search form that pulls that data and displays it, each in an individual line. It would be ideal to be able to click on a search result and then on the main form have that record be displayed. I do not know how to do that, so I was hoping to just be able to display the record number in the search results so that you can just type it in the main form and go right to that record number. I am unable to do that either, I tried several combinations of displaying something like me.currentrecord for ...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

formatting numbers
I need to insert temperatures on a sheet and would like to be able to show them as degrees C Anyway I can format the number to show the sign for degrees Celsius? I appreciate there may be a font for this but I have to email my document to various others who may not have the specified font. Thanks, Mike Hi Mike apply a custom format ('Format - Cells - Custom') Insert a 0 and press ALT+01776 to get a degree symbol HTH Frank Mike wrote: > I need to insert temperatures on a sheet and would like to be able to > show them as degrees C > > Anyway I can format the number ...

Number of exchange servers
Is there anyway to create a report of exsisting exchange servers in Active directory? Cheers, Masoud On 30 Aug 2005 05:53:44 -0700, m.ahanchian@gmail.com wrote: >Is there anyway to create a report of exsisting exchange servers in >Active directory? > >Cheers, >Masoud Query for the members of the Exchange Domain Servers group. Thanks Andy, this was very helpful. Is there anyway to export this list? I couldn't find any GUI to do this. Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote: >On 30 Aug 2005 05:53:44 -0700, m.ahanchian@gmail.com wrote:...

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

Converting hours into numbers
How to convert hours using 00:00 format into standalone numbers, for example 08:30 = 8.5h so I could sum these numbers at the bottom to learn how many hours are in total.. Please help suddengunfire wrote: >How to convert hours using 00:00 format into standalone numbers, for >example 08:30 = 8.5h so I could sum these numbers at the bottom to >learn how many hours are in total.. Please help You don't need to do that. Just sum the cells as they are and enter a custom format for the total as [h]:mm Chris -- Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK chris@cdixon.me.uk Have dancing shoes, wil...

distributing numbers
Hello, I need some help coming up with an equation, or finding an existing one that would work. example: 123 - - 789 I would like to find 2 numbers (-) that are evenly distributed between the numbers 123 and 789. thanks! If A1=123 A2=789 A3=A1+(A2-A1)/3 A4=A1+2*(A2-A1)/3 "Neil" wrote: > Hello, > > I need some help coming up with an equation, or finding an existing one that > would work. > > example: > 123 > - > - > 789 > > I would like to find 2 numbers (-) that are evenly distributed between the > numbers 123 and 789. > >...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...