Count digits before decimals and after decimals

Dear expert,
Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals.

For example,

111975.35   should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals
12456.25 should be 5 and 2
2478.24 should be 4 and 2
248.37 should be 3 and 2

Using LEN does not help.
Can you help please?
-1

Hi,

Why doesn't LEN help. try these

=LEN(INT(A1))

and for the decimal portion

=IF(ISERROR(FIND(".",A1)),0,LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1))
--
Mike

question.

"Elton Law" wrote:

> Dear expert,
> Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals.
>
> For example,
>
> 111975.35   should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals
> 12456.25 should be 5 and 2
> 2478.24 should be 4 and 2
> 248.37 should be 3 and 2
>
> Using LEN does not help.
> Can you help please?
After seeing Mike sir formula I realized that my formula needs some correction.

Corrected Formula:-

=IF(A1="","",LEN(INT(A1))&"-"&IF(ISERROR(LEN(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,255))),0,LEN(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,255))))

OR

=IF(A1="","",LEN(INT(A1))+IF(ISERROR(LEN(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,255))),0,LEN(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,255))))

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Elton Law" wrote:

> Dear expert,
> Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals.
>
> For example,
>
> 111975.35   should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals
> 12456.25 should be 5 and 2
> 2478.24 should be 4 and 2
> 248.37 should be 3 and 2
>
> Using LEN does not help.
> Can you help please?
Try this in B1 cell
=IF(A1="","",LEN(INT(A1))&"-"&LEN(MID(A1,FIND(".",A1)+1,255)))

If you want to add the length of Integer and Decimal then use the below
formula in B1 cell

"Elton Law" wrote:

> Dear expert,
> Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals.
>
> For example,
>
> 111975.35   should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals
> 12456.25 should be 5 and 2
> 2478.24 should be 4 and 2
> 248.37 should be 3 and 2
>
> Using LEN does not help.
> Can you help please?
On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:02:31 -0700, Elton Law
<EltonLaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear expert,
>Would like to count the digits before decimals and after decimals.
>
>For example,
>
>111975.35   should be 6 digits before decimals and 2 digits after decimals
>12456.25 should be 5 and 2
>2478.24 should be 4 and 2
>248.37 should be 3 and 2
>
>Using LEN does not help.
>Can you help please?

If you are interested only in significant digits, then

before Decimal:	=FIND(".",A1)-1
after Decimal:	=LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)

But if you are interested in also counting trailing or leading zeros, you will
either need to enter the numbers as text, or use VBA to determine the format.
--ron
0
Ron

Pivot table and counting.

Cycle Counting

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Round numbers in no of digits
How to convert this type of numbers in one formula 1145 =>1150 1141 =>1150 1149 =>1150 12458=>12460 On Jun 10, 8:26=A0pm, gopi <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to convert this type of numbers in one formula > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 1145 =3D>1150 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 1141 =3D>1150 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 1149 =3D>1150 > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 12458=3D>12460 Perhaps ROUNDUP(A1,-1), where A1 contains the number. But note that 1140.0001 will round up to 1150. Is that acceptable? Hi, If...

include the ability to price standard items to three decimals
It would be nice to be able to discount items to three decimals. Example, 3 for 2.99= .997 each. Or 12 for $1.00= .083 each. Currently we cannot do this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgb...

Count

How do I set up a digital signature for my e-mail account?
I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? Do you mean a regular signature ?? Tools/options/signature picker ???? Steve "machen@shaw.ca" wrote: > I would like to know how I set up a digital signature for my e-mails? ...

Digital Certificates for Office 97
--------------010300030100040808060404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit First I would like to thank Peo and Gord for their replies to my post on Digital Certificates - 1/24/04. The SelfCert.exe that Gord mentioned is also included with Office 2000, but not Office 97. Can SelfCert.exe be used with Office 97? Thank You for any assistance. Jim --------------010300030100040808060404 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN&quo...

Displaying Time In Decimal Formats
I created a spreadsheet for making schedules, and am attempting to forc time to display in hours (as in 7.5 hours), instead of normal tim (7:30). I can't find a decent way of displaying it properly. Here's ho I have it set up currently: B5: Start_Time C5: End_Time B6: =IF(C5-B5>0.166666666666667;C5-B5-0.0208333333333333;C5-B5) The formula in B6 just checks to see if the scheduled shift is MOR than 4 hours long, and if so, subtracts half an hour from the shif (for a lunch break), and then displays the result. I would like th result to appear in hour format, as in 7.5, instead of t...

Line count

Ingetrating Digital Pro with Publisher
I just upgraded to Publisher 2003 with Digital Pro 10. Is is possible to edit photos embedded in a Publisher using Digital Pro from within the Publisher program? Right now I'm copy photos into Publisher after enhancing them in the Digital Pro program. If I want to make further changes after the photo is the Publisher document, I go back to the save photo in Digital Pro and then copy that photo into the document. If possible, I'd like to work on the photo already placed in the document and save the changes there. Any suggestions? Dean Dean <Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Counting sales

multiple digits in a combobox
hello, i have an mfc CCombobox, which is populated with numeric data. For example: 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 14 18 i would like to user to be able to type 14 and have 14 selected. Currently when the user types 1 the box selects 10 and then when they type the 4, the 4 is selected. I currently have the object type set to Drop List. If I change to Drop Down, then 14 can be selected as described, but I dont want the user to be able to enter any numbers that arent in the list. For example, if they were to try to type 13, i want it to stay on 10. any ideas? are there any custom comboboxes that already...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Count Function
I am creating a report for the number of pupils being collected at a certain collection time e.g. 14:00hr and 15:00hrs using the formula =Count([Child Last Name]) in the collection time footer However when i try to count the overall number of pupils in the footer using the same formula, 'Error' appears on screen? Thanks There are potentially a dozen footer sections in a report. Which one is giving you a problem? What is the name of the control? What is the exact formula? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "ELo" wrote: > I am creating a r...

Counting a count
How do I count a count?? This is what im trying to do: I have a database with a table named tblMain and has incorporated everything within that table but contains info from about 8 other tables. I have not doesigned this database and it appears to have a very poor structure...anyway There are three fields involved in this process...'Request' (either 'dispensation', 'waiver' or 'dispensation and waiver'), 'Department' (which consists of 7 other drop down menu options) and 'RequestStatus' which contains the status of each request by another...

Count Problem
Hi I have 20 cells in a single column in a sheet called "Audits" All the cells have a formula in them. The formula is a simple one that reads whatever I put into a cell on a different worksheet called "Names" ie: =Names!A1 = Names!A2 etc etc I would like to have a formula that counts up all the results I get in the sheet called "Audits" At the moment if I enter (let say) 15 names in the "Names" sheet the result is that I see the same 15 names in the "Audits" sheet, however the COUNTA formula returns a total of 20. SO obviously...

unique or distinct count from xml
How to get a unique count from a xml <Orders> <Order ID="1111" Amount="200"></Order> <Order ID= "2222" Amount="10"></Order> <Order ID="3333" Amount="5"></Order> <Order ID="1111" Amount="20"></Order> </Orders> The result should be 3 unique count and the 4 Order Id counts. How can i get using XPathNodeIterator using Compile,Execute with a XPathNavigator thanks you bhu The XPath expression for that is count(Orders/Order[not(@ID=preceding-sibling::Or...

Replace Count
I am using this routine to replace characters in a large text string. I would like to know how many replacements have been made. This is a generalized routine for experimenting. If I set lReplCount = 1, I can get a count but it takes over one minute to run. If I set lReplCount = -1, it takes about 20 mSec but I get no count (except 1). Is there any way to get speed and the replace count? I would be happy with a few seconds and an accurate count. Do If InStr(1, sText, vbCr & vbCr) > 0 Then lChangeCount = lChangeCount + 1 ...

Item Decimal Qtys and Currency
We have a few inventory items that were set up with DECPLQTY and DECPLCUR set up with values exceeding 1 and 3. Is this something easily changed? We have a third party that manages our Dynamics stuff but if it's a quick and easy fix I'd consider doing it myself. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks! DECPLQTY is easy to change. DECPLCUR can require a little more work to change if you have price lists already set for the items. Changing the DECPLCUR will delete any price lists you have set and they'll have to be recreated. To access the functionality to change ...

Counting text cells #3
I have a range of cells A25:A256 that contain text entries of various types (doesn't matter). How do I get it in cell A258 to give me a total of cells that have text in them within that range 25:256 Thanks, Gurus Jessica =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISTEXT(A25:A256))) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jessica Walton" <jessica.w@zimshipping.com> wrote in message news:1E804A58-662A-47BA-B264-9EEE8A20994F@microsoft.com... > I have a range of cells A25:A256 that contain text entries of various types (doesn't matter). How do I get it in cell A258 to give me a total of cells that have ...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...