Count cells based upon criteria in other cells

The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
many donations in column J are made by each classification.

Many thanks!

Try the below formula

=COUNTIF(J:J,"RB1")

--
Jacob

"JT" wrote:

> The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
> in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
> that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
> column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
> many donations in column J are made by each classification.
>
> Many thanks!
Jacob:

Thanks, however this formula does not find the criterial thatis in the R
column.  Thye J columb contains donations...the R column contains the
criteria that I need the formula to consider as it counts the corresponding J
column cells.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Try the below formula
>
> =COUNTIF(J:J,"RB1")
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "JT" wrote:
>
> > The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
> > in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
> > that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> > corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
> > column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
> > many donations in column J are made by each classification.
> >
> > Many thanks!
Do it this way, then:

=3DCOUNTIF(R:R,"RB1")

and if you want to total the contributions which meet that criteria:

=3DSUMIF(R:R,"RB1",J:J)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 20, 2:26=A0pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Jacob:
>
> Thanks, however this formula does not find the criterial thatis in the R
> column. =A0Thye J columb contains donations...the R column contains the
> criteria that I need the formula to consider as it counts the correspondi=
ng J
> column cells.
>

> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
> > Try the below formula
>
> > =3DCOUNTIF(J:J,"RB1")
>
> > --
> > Jacob
>
> > "JT" wrote:
>
> > > The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.=
 =A0Cells
> > > in column R contain certain member classifications. =A0Am looking for=
 a formula
> > > that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> > > corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification. =A0EX=
: =A0in
> > > column R there are three classifications: =A0RB1, RB2, RB3. =A0Need t=
o count how
> > > many donations in column J are made by each classification.
>
> > > Many thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK
12/20/2009 2:40:14 PM
Do you mean.

=COUNTIF(R:R,"RB1")

--
Jacob

"JT" wrote:

> Jacob:
>
> Thanks, however this formula does not find the criterial thatis in the R
> column.  Thye J columb contains donations...the R column contains the
> criteria that I need the formula to consider as it counts the corresponding J
> column cells.
>
> "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
>
> > Try the below formula
> >
> > =COUNTIF(J:J,"RB1")
> >
> > --
> > Jacob
> >

> > "JT" wrote:
> >
> > > The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
> > > in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
> > > that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> > > corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
> > > column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
> > > many donations in column J are made by each classification.
> > >
> > > Many thanks!
The SUMIF function works great, but I really need to know the number of cells
in J that correcpond to the number of RB1 criteria in column R;  For example:
 if there are 12 "RB1" designations out of 120 in R that have posted
contributions in the J column, I need the formula to return "12".  If there
is no contribution listed in J for an RB1 designation in R, the formula
chould NOT count that J cell.

Does that help clarify what I'm looking for?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Do it this way, then:
>
> =COUNTIF(R:R,"RB1")
>
> and if you want to total the contributions which meet that criteria:
>
> =SUMIF(R:R,"RB1",J:J)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Dec 20, 2:26 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Jacob:
> >
> > Thanks, however this formula does not find the criterial thatis in the R
> > column.  Thye J columb contains donations...the R column contains the
> > criteria that I need the formula to consider as it counts the corresponding J
> > column cells.
> >

> > "Jacob Skaria" wrote:
> > > Try the below formula
> >
> > > =COUNTIF(J:J,"RB1")
> >
> > > --
> > > Jacob

> .

Ah, right !! You didn't make that clear earlier - you have two
conditions to check for, rather than just one. COUNTIF (and SUMIF) can
only be used if you have one condition, so try this instead:

=3DSUMPRODUCT((R$1:R$100=3D"RB1")*(J$1:J$100<>""))

This checks for column R containing RB1 AND J is not empty, and counts
the number that meet both criteria.

NOTE that you can't use full-column references with this function in
XL before version 2007, but adjust the ranges to suit your data (I've
assumed 100 rows).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 20, 4:10=A0pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The SUMIF function works great, but I really need to know the number of c=
ells
> in J that correcpond to the number of RB1 criteria in column R; =A0For ex=
ample:
> =A0if there are 12 "RB1" designations out of 120 in R that have posted
> contributions in the J column, I need the formula to return "12". =A0If t=
here
> is no contribution listed in J for an RB1 designation in R, the formula
> chould NOT count that J cell.
>
> Does that help clarify what I'm looking for?
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > Do it this way, then:
>
> > =3DCOUNTIF(R:R,"RB1")
>
> > and if you want to total the contributions which meet that criteria:
>
> > =3DSUMIF(R:R,"RB1",J:J)
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Dec 20, 2:26 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Jacob:
>
> > > Thanks, however this formula does not find the criterial thatis in th=
e R
> > > column. =A0Thye J columb contains donations...the R column contains t=
he
> > > criteria that I need the formula to consider as it counts the corresp=
onding J
> > > column cells.

Pete_UK
12/20/2009 4:25:12 PM
Pete:  Works perfectly.  Many thanks!

JT

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Ah, right !! You didn't make that clear earlier - you have two
> conditions to check for, rather than just one. COUNTIF (and SUMIF) can
> only be used if you have one condition, so try this instead:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((R$1:R$100="RB1")*(J$1:J$100<>""))
>
> This checks for column R containing RB1 AND J is not empty, and counts
> the number that meet both criteria.
>
> NOTE that you can't use full-column references with this function in
> XL before version 2007, but adjust the ranges to suit your data (I've
> assumed 100 rows).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Dec 20, 4:10 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > The SUMIF function works great, but I really need to know the number of cells
> > in J that correcpond to the number of RB1 criteria in column R;  For example:
> >  if there are 12 "RB1" designations out of 120 in R that have posted
> > contributions in the J column, I need the formula to return "12".  If there
> > is no contribution listed in J for an RB1 designation in R, the formula
> > chould NOT count that J cell.
> >
> > Does that help clarify what I'm looking for?
> >

> > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > > Do it this way, then:
> >
> > > =COUNTIF(R:R,"RB1")
> >
> > > and if you want to total the contributions which meet that criteria:
> >
> > > =SUMIF(R:R,"RB1",J:J)
> >
> > > Hope this helps.
> >
> > > Pete

> .

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Dec 20, 6:26=A0pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Pete: =A0Works perfectly. =A0Many thanks!
>
> JT
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > Ah, right !! You didn't make that clear earlier - you have two
> > conditions to check for, rather than just one. COUNTIF (and SUMIF) can
> > only be used if you have one condition, so try this instead:
>
> > =3DSUMPRODUCT((R$1:R$100=3D"RB1")*(J$1:J$100<>""))
>
> > This checks for column R containing RB1 AND J is not empty, and counts
> > the number that meet both criteria.
>
> > NOTE that you can't use full-column references with this function in
> > XL before version 2007, but adjust the ranges to suit your data (I've
> > assumed 100 rows).
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Dec 20, 4:10 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > The SUMIF function works great, but I really need to know the number =
of cells
> > > in J that correcpond to the number of RB1 criteria in column R; =A0Fo=
r example:
> > > =A0if there are 12 "RB1" designations out of 120 in R that have poste=
> > > contributions in the J column, I need the formula to return "12". =A0=
If there
> > > is no contribution listed in J for an RB1 designation in R, the formu=
la
> > > chould NOT count that J cell.
>
> > > Does that help clarify what I'm looking for?

Pete_UK
12/20/2009 6:43:17 PM
I have one more request.

I need a formula  that looks at columns I and J.  Column I contains
donations from 2009...J contains projected donations.  Where there are
donations in cells in I, but no donation in adjacent cells in J, I'd like the
total from J.  Example:  in I5 there is a $50 donation, but no projected
donation in J5.  The formula would return "1".  Need the formula to look at
the range listed.

Thanks.  thie will be the last one I post!

"JT" wrote:

> The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
> in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
> that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
> column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
> many donations in column J are made by each classification.
>
> Many thanks!
Well, I think your conditions are column I not blank and column J
blank, so try this:

=3DSUMPRODUCT((i1:i100<>"")*(J1:J100=3D""))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 20, 7:09=A0pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have one more request. =A0
>
> I need a formula =A0that looks at columns I and J. =A0Column I contains
> donations from 2009...J contains projected donations. =A0Where there are
> donations in cells in I, but no donation in adjacent cells in J, I'd like=
 the
> total from J. =A0Example: =A0in I5 there is a $50 donation, but no projec=
ted
> donation in J5. =A0The formula would return "1". =A0Need the formula to l=
ook at
> the range listed.
>
> Thanks. =A0thie will be the last one I post!
>

> "JT" wrote:
> > The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals. =
=A0Cells
> > in column R contain certain member classifications. =A0Am looking for a=
 formula
> > that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> > corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification. =A0EX: =
=A0in
> > column R there are three classifications: =A0RB1, RB2, RB3. =A0Need to =
count how
> > many donations in column J are made by each classification.
>
> > Many thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Pete_UK
12/20/2009 7:32:34 PM
Pete:  Something in ther formula isn't returning the correct value.  In the
example below, the result of the formula SHOULD be "2".  In the first two
rows, there are enteries in BOTH cells and shuotl NOT be counted...in two
others, there are entries in the 2009 column, but NOT in 2010.  This is the
sort of comparison that should result in the value.  The "0" entries in the
2009 column are meaningless.

Maybe this helps clarify what I am looking for.

2009	2010

3,800	3,900
1,560	1,560

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Well, I think your conditions are column I not blank and column J
> blank, so try this:
>
> =SUMPRODUCT((i1:i100<>"")*(J1:J100=""))
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Dec 20, 7:09 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have one more request.
> >
> > I need a formula  that looks at columns I and J.  Column I contains
> > donations from 2009...J contains projected donations.  Where there are
> > donations in cells in I, but no donation in adjacent cells in J, I'd like the
> > total from J.  Example:  in I5 there is a $50 donation, but no projected
> > donation in J5.  The formula would return "1".  Need the formula to look at
> > the range listed.
> >
> > Thanks.  thie will be the last one I post!
> >

> > "JT" wrote:
> > > The cells in column J contains donations made by various individuals.  Cells
> > > in column R contain certain member classifications.  Am looking for a formula
> > > that looks at column R, then counts the number of entries in the
> > > corresponding cells in colum J for each member classsification.  EX:  in
> > > column R there are three classifications:  RB1, RB2, RB3.  Need to count how
> > > many donations in column J are made by each classification.
> >
> > > Many thanks!- Hide quoted text -

> .

Well, now that you've thrown in the extra criterion about the zeroes, why
not change your formula to
 =SUMPRODUCT((I1:I100<>"")*(I1:I100<>0)*(J1:J100="")) ?
--
David Biddulph

"JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Pete:  Something in ther formula isn't returning the correct value.  In
> the
> example below, the result of the formula SHOULD be "2".  In the first two
> rows, there are enteries in BOTH cells and shuotl NOT be counted...in two
> others, there are entries in the 2009 column, but NOT in 2010.  This is
> the
> sort of comparison that should result in the value.  The "0" entries in
> the
> 2009 column are meaningless.
>
> Maybe this helps clarify what I am looking for.
>
> 2009 2010
>
> 3,800 3,900
> 1,560 1,560
> 375
> 0
> 0
> 0
> 900
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
>
>> Well, I think your conditions are column I not blank and column J
>> blank, so try this:
>>
>> =SUMPRODUCT((i1:i100<>"")*(J1:J100=""))
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> On Dec 20, 7:09 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > I have one more request.
>> >
>> > I need a formula  that looks at columns I and J.  Column I contains
>> > donations from 2009...J contains projected donations.  Where there are
>> > donations in cells in I, but no donation in adjacent cells in J, I'd
>> > like the
>> > total from J.  Example:  in I5 there is a $50 donation, but no
>> > projected
>> > donation in J5.  The formula would return "1".  Need the formula to
>> > look at
>> > the range listed.
>> >
>> > Thanks.  thie will be the last one I post!

>> .

0
David
12/20/2009 8:22:08 PM
Yes, but those "0" entries will be counted as non-blank, giving you an
answer of 5 is this case instead of 2. Perhaps it would be better as:

=3DSUMPRODUCT((i1:i100>0)*(J1:J100=3D""))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 20, 8:18=A0pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Pete: =A0Something in ther formula isn't returning the correct value. =A0=
In the
> example below, the result of the formula SHOULD be "2". =A0In the first t=
wo
> rows, there are enteries in BOTH cells and shuotl NOT be counted...in two
> others, there are entries in the 2009 column, but NOT in 2010. =A0This is=
 the
> sort of comparison that should result in the value. =A0The "0" entries in=
 the
> 2009 column are meaningless. =A0
>
> Maybe this helps clarify what I am looking for.
>
> 2009 =A0 =A02010
>
> 3,800 =A0 3,900
> 1,560 =A0 1,560
> 375 =A0 =A0
> 0 =A0 =A0 =A0
> 0 =A0 =A0 =A0
> 0 =A0 =A0 =A0
> 900 =A0 =A0
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > Well, I think your conditions are column I not blank and column J
> > blank, so try this:
>
> > =3DSUMPRODUCT((i1:i100<>"")*(J1:J100=3D""))
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Dec 20, 7:09 pm, JT <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I have one more request. =A0
>
> > > I need a formula =A0that looks at columns I and J. =A0Column I contai=
ns
> > > donations from 2009...J contains projected donations. =A0Where there =
are
> > > donations in cells in I, but no donation in adjacent cells in J, I'd =
like the
> > > total from J. =A0Example: =A0in I5 there is a $50 donation, but no pr=
ojected
> > > donation in J5. =A0The formula would return "1". =A0Need the formula =
to look at
> > > the range listed.
>
> > > Thanks. =A0thie will be the last one I post!

EX: =A0in

Pete_UK
12/20/2009 8:23:58 PM
I'm sorry, David.  Accept my apology.  The formula works just fine.  Thank you.

JT

"David Biddulph" wrote:

> Well, now that you've thrown in the extra criterion about the zeroes, why
> not change your formula to
>  =SUMPRODUCT((I1:I100<>"")*(I1:I100<>0)*(J1:J100="")) ?
> --
> David Biddulph
>
> "JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Pete:  Something in ther formula isn't returning the correct value.  In
> > the
> > example below, the result of the formula SHOULD be "2".  In the first two
> > rows, there are enteries in BOTH cells and shuotl NOT be counted...in two
> > others, there are entries in the 2009 column, but NOT in 2010.  This is
> > the
> > sort of comparison that should result in the value.  The "0" entries in
> > the
> > 2009 column are meaningless.
> >
> > Maybe this helps clarify what I am looking for.
> >
> > 2009 2010
> >
> > 3,800 3,900
> > 1,560 1,560
> > 375
> > 0
> > 0
> > 0
> > 900
> >

> > "Pete_UK" wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I think your conditions are column I not blank and column J
> >> blank, so try this:
> >>
> >> =SUMPRODUCT((i1:i100<>"")*(J1:J100=""))
> >>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >>
> >> Pete

> >> .
> >>

> .

Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells
In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93. I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells. This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto summing is to time consuming. Please if you have a formula that I can use it would be extremly helpful. Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning stages.................. -- Thank You, Wayne Cadigan Hi Wayne You can still do this ...

Autofit Merged Cells? Can we do this?
I have a row that has merged column cells. Even if I choose autofit, it will not autofit. Is tehre a way to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you search the group archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* using "merge autofit" (without quotes) as search terms, you'll find many posts on this topic, including links to a macro by Jim Rech that may work for you. In article <kenji4861.vwe00@excelf...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Excel-how (find/replace) for multifmat cells w/o changing fmat
For a client, i need to be able to find and replace words in cells with 2 formats. But when you replace them,it changes the format of the whole cell, and not just what you changed. Is there any way to work around this without changing the format after all of the find and replaces? Saved from a previous post, but this one has some wordwrap problems fixed: I think you'd have to keep track of each character's font attributes. This works very slowly, but works: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Type myCharacter myChar As String myLen As Long myName As String myFo...

Pivot table and counting.

Cell formating in Excel?
Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? No. -- Best Regards, Luke M "pmarina" <pmarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D25B665-B7B8-477D-AAF8-80A347FFA0DD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have a scroll bar in a single cell? ...

Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) error
What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the error? Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) Thanks Daniel Hi Daniel, Too much missing information - has r been declared and what data type is it and what value does it have. What property of the range are you trying to store in the variable RN? What type of variable is RN and has it been declared. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Daniel" wrote: > What wrong with this. It create error. How can I improve to get rid the > error? > > Set RN = Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(r, 1)) > &...

Cycle Counting

To keep in just one cell all values related to a monthly rate
I have to update in a monthly basis a currency rate. I know that there is a function, formula (or something like that) to link a month descripton to a number. e.g. September09 1,325 October09 2,235 November09 1,258 I would like to select correspondent month and the cell be updated with the value. Data Validation dropdown list for choosing the month combined with a lookup table and VLOOKUP function. For help on creating data validation dropdown lists see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal01.html For help on VLOOKUP to populat...

Can I limit a cell to 2 characters?
Is there a way in Excel to limit the number of characters in a cell? Thanks Frank By checking the length of the cell =LEN(A1)=2 in your custom validation. Look for Data Validation on Debra Dalgleish's site. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Frankc" <Frankc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842747F1-1792-4BB5-B3CE-707C7CC5F88F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Excel to lim...

format cells #4
hi. how can i set by default the cell formatting to 'general' or 'number' or even 'text'? i mean i dont want excel to correct let's say: 1.5 to 01.may or 9/12 to 09.dec. is this possible? thanks. (i have some programs which export data to excel and instead of numbers in excel appear dates and i can't set the cell format before the data is exported) -- notrace2004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ notrace2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34817 View this thread: http://www....

Count

change highlight color on active cells
How do I change the active highlight color of an active cell. Louis Only though VBA. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static OldCell As Range If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone End If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow Set OldCell = Target End Sub This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy and paste into that module. Chip Pearson has a great add-in named Rowliner.xla that will make the highlighting available for all sheets and workbooks. The code above w...

Populate Blank Fields with "0" based on checkmark.
I have a form with 20 fields. The user enters data into some but not all of the fields depending on where they collected data. Is it possible to create a checkbox where, after the user enters their data, they click the checkbox, and any of the 20 fields that are blank get populated with a 0? Thanks for the help. Is there any reason you want them to be zero? If they are numeric fields, you can set the default to zero in table design view. There is no need to use a checkbox, you can arrange it so any empty fields are converted to zero when you move to another record or exit th...

Line count

Formatting cells in Excel with Ascending/Descending order
I am trying to insert a drop down asceding/descending arrow in the cell of the excel document. When you click on the arrow which is a small box on the right side of the cell, it will organize all figures/data in that column and you can choose between ascending/descending, or how you want to organize it. Thank you -- Andrew ...

Filename in Excel Cell Address
Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within the same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? -- Thanks, RickS yes =CELL("filename") -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A801EEC7-608B-4394-B991-BBBC889D451A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert an excel spreadsheet filename into a cell within > the > same spreadsheet, like the &[File] command in the Header/Footer screen? > -- > Thanks, > Ric...

Changing Account Distribution Based on Customer Region
My chart of accounts is segmented by Product and Region. I have setup SOP to use posting Account from Item. In addition, I have setup a User-defined field to identify each customer region in Customer Address. Since I can only have one sale account for an item, I don't want to manually change my account distribution in sales documents everytime I sell to customers in a different region from the default defined for the item. I would like GP to automatically change the Account Distribution so that it substitute the appropriate region segment based on the user-defined field in Customer...

updating time once only when a cell is filled
Hi, Excuse my lack of experience with excel, I tried to get an answer googling for this problem I have, but I didn't succeed yet solving it. I'm trying to fill a form using excel, but I want that whenever a cell is filled, the time it was filled is updated. The problem I find is that time is updated in all the cells whenever a cell is change, do I make myself clear?, imagine I have these table: A B 1 +if(a1="","",now()) 2 +if(a2="","",now()) So initially I have: A B 1 2...

Cell extraction from Multiple worksheets
Hi group, I am new to this newsgroup and am hoping that you can help me out. I took a software/hardware inventory of all the computers in my work's network and imported them all into excel, in their own worksheet. So I have one file, with 128 different worksheets, all containing similar information. What I would like to do is create a new sheet, a summary page, where I can pull the value of the same cell from each sheet and list them. I need to have a list of each computer, with computer name, cpu speed, video card, serial number, ect. If the values that I am searching for are in the same...

Counting sales

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...