Copy and move check box (check boxes) with new cell link?

Hi,
I have created a document with text, check boxes and IF formulas dependant
on the TRUE or FALSE values for each of the check boxes. This was done over
time and it is fairly extensive at this point and I would like to duplicate
that document on the same sheet about 6 to 8 times below the original. When I
copy the document and paste it below the original (text, formulas and check
boxes), the references (cell link) for all of the check boxes are linked to
the original document (clicking a check box in the copied document add a
check mark to both the copied and original check boxes which I do not want).
I have used the "form" check boxes. Is there a way to copy and paste check
boxes and obtain a new cell reference?

Other recommendations?

Thank you.

Please try this on a copy of your worksheet.

Adapt column D to suit your cell link.

i.e.  cell link is Gx

Change "D" to "G"

Sub change_forms_checkbox_links()
    Dim mychkbox As CheckBox
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    Set wks = ActiveSheet

    For Each mychkbox In wks.Checkboxes
        With mychkbox
            .LinkedCell = wks.Cells(.TopLeftCell.Row, "D") _
                                .Address(external:=True)
        End With
    Next mychkbox
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:10:01 -0800, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have created a document with text, check boxes and IF formulas dependant
>on the TRUE or FALSE values for each of the check boxes. This was done over
>time and it is fairly extensive at this point and I would like to duplicate
>that document on the same sheet about 6 to 8 times below the original. When I
>copy the document and paste it below the original (text, formulas and check
>boxes), the references (cell link) for all of the check boxes are linked to
>the original document (clicking a check box in the copied document add a
>check mark to both the copied and original check boxes which I do not want).
>I have used the "form" check boxes. Is there a way to copy and paste check
>boxes and obtain a new cell reference?
>
>Other recommendations?
>
>Thank you.

0
Gord

Display Cell
How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? Hi select these characters in the formular bar and goto 'Format - Cells - Font' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelhelp" <Excelhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3B96F0D2-F8DA-4901-873F-3391273E3FE1@microsoft.com... > How can I display text, for example 1.98 x 106 x T-0.63 (1.98 x 10 to the > power 6 x T to the power -0.63)? ...

Combo-box in Sub-form
Could you please help me with a problem I have with Access 2003? I am not very experienced with Access; I have done a college course at Level 2 (CLAIT Plus), so I know the basics but this has got me stumped. My database is for my CD collection. I use a Main Form for data entry which contains details of Artist, Album Title, Number, Music Category etc. In the Artist and Misic Category fields I use a Combo-box which holds all previously entered names in a drop-down list. If a new name is required I double-click on the box and enter the name in the linked form. Within the Mai...

Check Cashing Add On?
Does anyone have a check cashing program that may possibly work with RMS? The reason I ask is because I'm in California, and of course we have to have each person who cashes a checks information, and the total amount they cash in one year (each year) on record. There are a few ways of doing this, and I have found some stand alone software's, but I was wondering if anyone has written something for RMS? -- Thank You Vince :) How about setting RMS to prompt for Drivers License and Check information, you can then run a report for the past year grouped by customer and you will ...

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Problems opening Excel files using DFS links
Hi, I origianlly posted this question under networking, but this may be a better forum for my question. Have a weird problem. We're on a Windows 2000 domain where the users' home directory has been redirected using this syntax: \\fqdn.xxx\dfs root\sharename\%username%. The DFS root server is a member file server that holds the majority of the network shares (including the user profiles and home folders). The DFS root is registered in our AD. Here's the problem: Occasionally someone will try to open an Excel file on a share via a DFS link and will get an error message stati...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Macros do not appear in Macro dialog box
I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools > Macro > Macros again, the created macro does not appear. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks gwasson <gwasson@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I create a macro by choosing Tools > Macro > Macros, entering a name, > and clicking Create. In the editor I write the code, then return to > Publisher and save the file. But when I choose Tools...

Link 'Button' to Macro
I've created an ActiveX Button. How do I make clicking on this butto execute a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Make sure that you are in design mode and then double click on your button. This will take you into the VBA editor. You will see some code that looks like this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() End Sub Where CommandButton(1) is the name of your button. Now type in the name of your macro between the sub/end sub sections. Save your changes and close the editor. Close the design view and your button should work. Hope this helps Paul Falla >---...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

How to prevent a user to move a window
Hi, I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bs9rka$560$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. > It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. You can try handling WM_NCHITTEST and calling DefWindowProc. When you get back HTCAPTION return instead HTNOWHERE. You'll probably want to remove or disable the 'Move&#...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

how to calculate a count of checkboxes that have been checked
I need to place check boxes in individual cells, and then to hopefully show the count of checkboxes that have been checked in a range. This will be a form that is used for manual data entry, FYI. For example, the checkboxes are in cells G14, G15, and so on (through cell G25). And i need to show the count of checkboxes that are checked in a seperate cell, (i.e., cell G26). Is there a straightforward way of doing this. Thanks for any suggestions. I think that the most straightforward way is to drop the checkboxes and use an "X" in a cell. Then you could use: =countif(g1:g10,&qu...

Outlook 2000 SP3

sorting without affecting links
Sheet 1 complete list of names all pupils and fees per month Sheet 2/sheet per instructor - list of pupils per instructor with names and fees linked from sheet 1 Problem. If we add new names to sheet 1 then sort it alphabetically the rows change so sheets 2s values get messed up. One way is to use VLOOKUP in Sheet2 for the Fees Assume in Sheet1, names are in col A, Fees in col B data from row2 down In Sheet2, names are listed in A2 down, Fees to be extracted in B2 down Put in B2: =IF(A2="","",VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!A:B,2,0)) Copy B2 down as far as required -- Rgds Max xl ...

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Blank cells in graph
I have a a line graph that displays customer behaviour in a number of categories. The data source for the graph is a table that refreshes every time a different 'customer' is selected from a macro drop-down list above the table, drawing data from another table. All the blank cells from the table are plotted as zero on the line graph, and I can't seem to change it so that the blank cells are not plotted on the line graph at all. I've tried going to Tools>Options>Chart, but the 'Plot empty cells as' options are all greyed out except for the 'Zero' opt...

Moving a database location
In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? Use the property page of the database (in the Exchange System Manager) and select a new location for the file. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange...

Publisher 2007 crashes when I use spell check
With Pub 2007, I can get spell check to go through about three words and then I get thefamous "an error has ocurred and Publisher has to shut down." Spell check works fine in Word and Outlook and I have reinstalled the spell-checker and have also run diagnostics, finally employing the "repair" function... all to no avail. I've searched everywhere I know and have found nobody else who has ever reported this problem. Any suggestions a layman might understand? TIA How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://suppor...

subtotal copy and paste