Conditional Formatting Query

Hi

I'm facing a problem from last month but I'm not able to put conditional
formatting with Icons.

If somebody can help as its really urgent for me !!!!!

I have values for two months - Current and Previous. If current month's
value is closer to zero than previous month's value then i want to show a
green arrow. If current month's value is away from zero than previous
month's value then i want to show a red arrow. Though these values are
positive and negative both, i need to apply conditional formatting on
absolute values.

e.g.

previous  Current   Arrow Colour
 1.2%        2.4%    Red Arrow
 1.2%       -2.4%    Red Arrow
-1.2%        2.4%    Red Arrow
-1.2%       -2.4%    Red Arrow

-2.4%        1.2%    Green Arrow
-2.4%       -1.2%    Green Arrow
 2.4%       -1.2%    Green Arrow
 2.4%        1.2%     Green Arrow

But the conditional formatting will be applied on absolute values and I want
to put the condition in same cell in which the current month values are
shown.

Any help will be appreciated..

Regards,
Miki

see your other post
--
Mike

question.

"Miki" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm facing a problem from last month but I'm not able to put conditional
> formatting with Icons.
>
> If somebody can help as its really urgent for me !!!!!
>
> I have values for two months - Current and Previous. If current month's
> value is closer to zero than previous month's value then i want to show a
> green arrow. If current month's value is away from zero than previous
> month's value then i want to show a red arrow. Though these values are
> positive and negative both, i need to apply conditional formatting on
> absolute values.
>
> e.g.
>
> previous  Current   Arrow Colour
>  1.2%        2.4%    Red Arrow
>  1.2%       -2.4%    Red Arrow
> -1.2%        2.4%    Red Arrow
> -1.2%       -2.4%    Red Arrow
>
> -2.4%        1.2%    Green Arrow
> -2.4%       -1.2%    Green Arrow
>  2.4%       -1.2%    Green Arrow
>  2.4%        1.2%     Green Arrow
>
> But the conditional formatting will be applied on absolute values and I want
> to put the condition in same cell in which the current month values are
> shown.
>
> Any help will be appreciated..
>
> Regards,
> Miki

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

LDAP Query for All Groups and Membership
I am looking to query Active DIrectory in an environment with Windows 2000 DC's. Its a single domain environment. Currently I have a vbs file that pulls the data but only for a single OU. I am looking for a single vbs script that pull the following information: All Groups, both security and distribution (from a single domain) Whether they are Security or Distribution Whether they are Global or Universal All members of each group I would like the output in cvs format (if possible). Like so: GroupName, MemberName, Type(Security or DL), Scope(Global or Universal). If this i...

query question
Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in the table Customer column email and cc ? Thank you "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rGu6FUHLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in > the table Customer column email and cc ? > Thank you Yes. Have a look in the BOL index under string functions. UPDATE tblCustomer SET EmailAddress = REPLACE(EmailAddress , '@abcwest.com', '@abcbest.com') WHERE CHARINDEX('@abcwest.c...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Query condition by date range

Placement of Columns in Database Query
I have an existing database query that will query the dbase and return the results to an excel worksheet. The query wizard is split into two windows: The window on the left will allow you to select columns from tables that you would like to display. When these columns are moved to the window on the right, they become part of the query. My problem is that when I come back at a later date to edit the query and insert a new column, I can only get the new column to display at the end of the worksheet. There are two arrow buttons on the right hand side of the screen that allow me to move ...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

Proc cache consumed with one-time queries
In investigating memory usage os our SQL Server 2005 SP3, I noticed that about 4.3GB of our 32GB phsyical memory was consumed by the procedure cache. In looking at what was in the cache, I found that the overwhelming majority of the stored plans were from queries that will never be reused. In fact 4.1GB of the 4.3GB were plans with usecounts=1. Most of these turn out to be statements generated by Sql Server itself: there are many that are statements generated by SqlAgent, running scheduled tasks. Many more are the backup statements generated for log shipping. In these cases, ...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

Populate a field by query
Howdy all, I have an interesting project going and need some help. I have created a form for an amateur radio operator to use as a log for a net (if you want more info on this contact me off list). I have txt boxes for call, name, town, county, and list. 2 checkboxes for “mobile” and "Check in only". At the top are the time EST, time UTC, and week number. These are automatic. What I am trying to do is set up a query to populate the "List" box with all the people that checked in for the current week. So for week #1, it will show the check ins in a list like: k...