Conditional Formatting for 4 conditions

How can I set up conditional formatting for the following:

>3.5 = red
2.5 - 3.49 = yellow
2 - 2.49 = green
<2 = blue

Thanks,

Steve

Set all the cells to one of the colours that apply the 3 conditions to them
via CF, effectively 4 colours.

--

HTH

Bob

> How can I set up conditional formatting for the following:
>
>>3.5 = red
> 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow
> 2 - 2.49 = green
> <2 = blue
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

0
Bob
3/11/2010 7:36:48 PM
Perfect.

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Set all the cells to one of the colours that apply the 3 conditions to them
> via CF, effectively 4 colours.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> Bob
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I set up conditional formatting for the following:
> >
> >>3.5 = red
> > 2.5 - 3.49 = yellow
> > 2 - 2.49 = green
> > <2 = blue
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
>

> .

Today Conditional Format

combine 4 file into one
I have one excel file. This file consists of Item Number, Description, Quantity, Unit Cost and Extended Value. I send this file to 4 users in various locations so they can open in the MS Excel. The users will count how many quantity they have for each Item number. The user then saves and sends the file back to me. My question is how do I combine four files from 4 users back into one file with the quantity update and other fields remain unchanged. For instant, User A count 4 for the item 12345, User B count 2 for the item 12345, User C count 1 and User D count 0. How do I combine 4 files f...

trying to split a stock 1:4
When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still have 18G left on my hard disk. In microsoft.public.money, Wei wrote: >When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, >Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not >be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still >have 18G left on my hard disk. I would try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the split. I don't expect it to solve the problem, but it is ea...

Two Condition Vlookup?

Can't format numbers for France in Excel 2003
I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros to display as 2 050,45). That currency format isn't offered in my dialog box, and if I make a custom number format that will display correctly, it doesn't operate as a number. Any suggestions? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:51:03 -0700, Mary Fran <MaryFran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using the US version of Excel 2003, but need to format costs, etc., for a >project in the French euro format (e.g., I need 2050.45 euros...

Changing case #4
Is there a way to change case for several cells. In Word, you go to Format, Change case, and then you select all upperlower, lower, Title, etc. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with Excel 2000? Hi Sandra In Excel you need a macro if you want to change case in the same cell See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here are three macro's for changing text cells in the selection Sub Uppercase_macro() Dim selectie As Range Dim cel As Range On Error Resume Next Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address &am...

Query condition by date range

Duplicate Messages #4
I've suddenly started receiving duplicate messages from one of the listservs to which I subscribe. I have rules set up on Outlook 2000 to send messages from the group to a particular folder. Now one copy goes there and a second copy turns up in my general Inbox. Other subscribers are not receiving doubles, so the problem seems to be at my end. Any idea what could cause this? ...

Format cells #7

Formatting worksheet
I have a workbook with three worksheets and one chartsheet in it. I have notes documenting various aspects of the four sheets. Some of those notes are on electronic post-it notes and others on scraps of paper. It seems to me that a convenient way to consolidate all of my documentation for the workbook would be to add another worksheet to it and put the information in it. What would be the best way to format the worksheet so that I could type information into it as if I were using a text editor? Leslie, Excel isn't really all that set up for text. I sometimes make narrow column...

Conditional Field in Queries

zip codes not being saved as text in CSV format
I need my file to be saved in CSV format (to import into another application). When I format the zip codes as Text or Special(zip code), they are correct in XLS format, but when I open the file in CSV format they switch back to general. Any solution? work around? Thanks so much for your help in advance!! Melissa Change the file extension to .txt and use the text import wizard to treat the column as text (last dialog) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "MelissaM" <MelissaM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5A02627-810E-4234-8247-267D9B12FA29@microsoft.com... >...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Offline Database #4
Should I set up an offline database on another PC on the network in case of a primary POS failure? How does this work? Sorry for the dumb questions........but as I stated in an earlier post, I am going live April 2, and I am just trying to be ready for everything! Tim - Cigar Guy Hi, The concept of offline database is that if the main server get down your POS can still run. There are 2 things necessary for this setup is that your online and offline database server should not be same. i.e. Server A = Online database POS A = Offline database you can also define the terminal offline da...

Conditional null value

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

Formatting Imported Data
Hi, I want to be able to read in a single column of data from either an Excel file or from a column of a word document and then produce the same column of data so that each entry has two cells separating them. So that the column 1 2 3 would look like 1 empty cell empty cell 2 empty cell empty cell 3 I there a straightforward way I can do this in Excel w/o having to use some type of additional program (like VBA)? TIA, Matt Nothing straightforward that I can see. Without some manual arranging which would be onerous, you will be better off to use a VBA macro. Sub InsertRows22() Appli...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

conditionally restricting values in excel
Hello, I want to restrict values in a particular column based on the value in other column. For eg. if column A has value int then column B should be restricted to values 1,2,3,4,5 if column A has value bool then column B should be restricted to values true and false. if column A has value string I dont want any validation to be done and the list box should not appear. Is this possible..... How do I achieve this ? Can I use macros to do this? How? Thanks Hi as a starting point: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I want to restrict ...