Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas

I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B
fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW...

Each col have about 1000 rows.
Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma.

As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases
separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B.

==============
i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB  TO
corresponding row  of COLA$FileB
Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB  TO corresponding
row  of COLB$FileB
with following condition.
If any word or phrase from any row of COL B file B match to any row
of  COL B FILE A.

note: There are thousands of words which in each row of Col B of both
files separated by commas.
==============

Please reply back if i am able to explain correctly
thanks for your reply in advance
thanks
0
mishak

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

Control Will Not Update
How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and re-opening it? It used to work fine before I converted the DB to 2007. Basically, a user keys in an item number, and I would like the item description control to populate after they move out of the item control field. The source for the form is a select query. Any help would be appreciated. "DJM2290" <DJM2290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3EE101D-A3C1-4E8F-8D9D-2D357A415638@microsoft.com... > How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and ...

Publisher 2003 improperly references files in a web publication
When I publish to the web, all references are complete paths pointing to the local hard drive. I con't copy this to a web server. How do I change this behavior. This worked properly in Publisher 2000. In the future please make use of the correct forum for the subject matter, in this case that would be microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign - you will find tons of info in our forum to help you. You would find several threads on your topic in our forum to assist you. 2002/2003 do not include external files in the publish. This is also documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. http://...

Do Macros cause corruption of big files
I frequently use Macros for formatting csv, dat or prn type of files. I am told that such frequent use of Macros may corrupt the files. Is it true? Since .csv and .prn (and .dat???) are plain old text files, they shouldn't be corruptible at all. If you're saving the file as .xls, then I've never noticed any correlation between macro use and corrupt files. But I'd say finding the reason a file gets corrupted is pretty difficult. Abhay wrote: > > I frequently use Macros for formatting csv, dat or prn type of files. I am > told that such frequent use of Macros may...

MRU File List
Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? -Tom R. "Thomas Rybka" wrote: > Can someone point me to a MRU File List tutorial? > > -Tom R. > I am certain there are better solutions; but the following code worked for me.... // When we create a new document the first time, we will // fill that documents first view with data read from the // first file in the users Most Recently Used (MRU) list of files. (or "Recent File List") // String defined per documentation (Word "File", ending with formating "%d") static cons...

Check out the update from the MS
--mvnkeqiiemxvqcc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="inznlbbwxy"; type="multipart/alternative" --inznlbbwxy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wzdvnpnc" --wzdvnpnc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "March 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the m...

compare
Hello everyone, I have been reading this group for a while, however I am quite a rookie in using of excel. I would appreciate if someone could help with this issue. I quite often have to compare two sheets (from different workbooks-files, but with the same sheet name). Calculations are thus updated time by time and I need to check where were the main differences. Cells contain both values and formulas. I have found through this newsgroup nice add-ins of Myrna Larson and Bill Manville, and Rob Bruce. However I would need the macros to highlight only significant differences (let's say fro...

File in C drive is always trying to access Drive A
Hi, I have a file in my C drive where I keep all my Excel goodies. When I open that file, every time I recalculate the sheet, it always tries to access a file from my Drive A. If I have the calculation on automatic, it tries to access Drive A every time. I do not have any links with a reference to a Drive A. I tried the findlink.xla add-inn with all the links, but with no success in finding the problem I even deleted ALL the links, yet the file still tries to find the DriveA Any ideas, why it does this, and does anyone have a solution? Thanks Andr� Do you have named ranges that mig...

Redirecting mail based on sender address
Is it possible to redirect incoming mail based on the senders email address ? Eg if an email arrives in exchange for 123@abc.com from 456@xyz.com can exchange see that the sender is 456@xyz.com and redirect it to say 789@abc.com ? I know i could do this through a rule in Outlook but i want to be able to do it through exchange as the recipient address may not be a valid user. Thanks in advance, Steve ...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...

I need to recover my .pub files after re-installing xp...
Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY important files. Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be appreciated, and free options would be really helpful. Spunky1 wrote: > Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows of an easy way > to recover my .pub files from my hard drive? I had to > re-install my operating system, and lost a few REALLY > important files. > > Any leads on a fix / product that does this would be > appreciated, and fr...

Convert Rows data
Hi there, I have the following sample data: PARTNUMBER QTY RATe PRUN VALID_FROM_VALID_TO ZWR1 0.1095 USD 1 20050512 20050526 XREZ12 0.1095 USD 1 20050527 99991231 is it possible to put this data in the following: 20050512 20050526 20050527 99991231 ZWR1 XREZ12 0.1095 0.1095 USD USD 1 1 So basically make the exis...

zoom error when opening file
When opening an Excel file it zooms the font only to 200% (very large). The menus are all regular size, and going into the view menu and changing the view to something different resizes the font to its correct size. I can then change the view to what is needed. Any suggestions? ...

Two databases or one
Hi, What if you have two organizations and you plan to design a database to do the same task but within that task, the defined tables will vary because of unique qualities related to the individual organization. Would it be best to create separate databases for each organization or keep the two organizations together? Anyone know the guidelines related to this? Thanks for any feedback. Ask yourself this - How often will you need the combined data? -- Build a little, test a little. "AccessKay" wrote: > Hi, > > What if you have two o...

Comparing
I have two columns of numbers column A could be up to 3500 rows. Column B may be more or less than 3500 rows. What I'm trying to do is see if any number in columns "B" appears anywhere in Column "A", and if so we can just highlight it in both columns. Actually I would want to be able to sort by highlighted. so maybe add someway to sort by matched or unmatched. I hope this makes sense. In column C put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A1,$B:$B,1,FALSE)),"Not in B","In B") In column D put... =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($B1,$A:$A,1,FALSE)),"Not in ...

error after runing MS update last weel 10/13/2005
After getting update from microsoft I got error when trying sending email from MS excel program as attachment, with this error: general mail failure. quit microsoft exel, restart the mail system, and try again. ...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

need help referencing cell by formula result
I am trying to select a cell to reference using the result of a formula The spread sheet is an intrust calculator and I am wanting to bring th balance of the loan from say 6 months from =TODAY() to a cell. Th balance column shows the compounded intrust and subtracted payment month after month from the begining of the loan. I have a formula t find the coresponding row number for any month I wish to see th balance. I've tried =ADDRESS and some other things I'm not sure how t use. Any suggestions. Thank -- nosli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- no...

2 workbooks
I have got 2 workbooks with a list of names. I need to find out if a name appears in both books. One of the workbooks came from a different source and the other one is a report I ran from our database. I need to find out whether the workbook from out of the company has got any of our own names on it. I am using Microsoft Excel 97 and am fairly new at this so please be gentle. One way I did think was to combine the two workbooks into one and find the duplicates but thought there may be another way. Thank you. Hi "queen on", Assume that In book1 the names are in column A, s...

Money 2006 backup restore to another computer
I have installed Money 2006 on a second computer that will be used in place of the first computer that created backups both on hard disk and removable zip disk. Can I use the latest removable zip disk backup .mbf file to "restore" it to the resplacement computer for continued use? "Robert Sharon" <rcsharon@att.net> wrote in message news:oUyDf.313098$qk4.87938@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >I have installed Money 2006 on a second computer that will be used in place >of the first computer that created backups both on hard disk and removable &g...

extracting data from word to an excel spreadsheet
Thank You for any help. I am trying to find a way to automate the extraction of data from a form in word2000 to excel2000. The form is for HR at my company, we want to track the check boxes that are marked in employee review forms and bring totals into and excel spreadsheet. I know this is going to involve macros, but I cannot find any literature regarding vb in excel. I only find visual basic and from any of the material I found, Visual Basic and vb in excel are not compatible. Please help me and steer me into the correct direction. Thank You again!! Kevin R. ...

Cannot open file because it is corrupt
Hours of work - it will not open. Is there a workaround to get to the data? Please - I am computer literate - just tell me how to get to the data - outside word? outside microsoft - I can reformat it just don't want to lose it all..... Hi sbr4tdy, What file format - doc/docx? Is this on your HDD or a USB stick? Do you have backups - if not, why not? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "sbr4tdy" <sbr4tdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC213F22-5D4B-4E07-86A4-8AC6048B839B@microsoft.com... > Hours of work - it will not open....

Data Markers
Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on that cell? For example if the data in column c is being plotted and the conditional formatting I have on the cells are if column D = "Y" can I have it so that those markers are plotted with a circle marker and the rest with a square marker? Thanks! Hi, Have a look at Jon's page for conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ivy_gayle wrote: > Can I change data markers so that it reflects the conditional formatting on > that cell? For exampl...

file specifications and database structure
Someone asked me to build up a datastructure and also denote the file specifications. I actually don't know what is expected of me to do? My datastructure defines sets, indices and parameters, so if I am correctly I can create my structure by inserting relationships. But what exactly is meant by a file specification? Is it meant that I have to say whether some input is a number/ text/ ... or is the data type totally different from the file specification? Thank you very much... Seems to me like you should be asking the person who made the original request to clarify what they mea...