collect data from mail merge

If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I
collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ?

Can you give a little more information about what you are trying to do.
Excel is a pretty powerful tool; almost certainly you can do what you want.

Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"data collection" wrote:

> If I create a mail merge in Word with some blank space for data entry, can I
> collect the feedbacks from returned word file, and consolidate them in excel ?

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections

E-mail doesn't send over 2MB
Hi all, I'm sure what i am missing here. Whenever I try to send an e-mail around 5MB or so, Outlook 2003 says it is sending it and then doesn't. I get a message saying the following in the 'SEND/RECEIVE PROGRESS' window. I called my ISP (Shaw) and they said it is my CA Antivirus. So I disabled it. Still did the same thing. 5 minutes later, the attachment (PDF 6MB) shows up. I have no idea what is going on. Is there a setting in Outlook I should be looking for. I never had this problem before. Task 'shawmail - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The opera...

How do I move this data?
I have some excel data that I need to merge into one cell... for example ADDR1-ST Num ADDR1-ST Name 111 E MAIN ST I want to put it all in one cell ADDR1-ST Name 111 E MAIN ST I have about 15,000 records so I want the [SPACE] between the Number and the Name any ideas? thanks. If the first address is in A2:B2 then this should work =A2&" "&B2 But your data as some hard-spaces after the 111 (this could have resulted from the email) so you may need to use =SUBSTITUTE(A2,CHAR(160),"")&" "&B2 When you have this working y...

Form
I have a form that uses an underlying query as it's data source. When I click the drop down box that selects which record to go to, I get a data connection box that asks me for a username/password. If I sign in as the user and go directly to the underlying tables and query, I can open them without issue. Is there something in the drop down combo box that needs additional security settings? Chris ...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

about Collections
Hi! The ArrayList support the ICollection and IEnumerable. Below is three ways to iterate through a collection of an instance of an ArrayList object. I just find it's easier to iterate though a collection by using the for loop or the foreach so my question is when is it better or more appropriate to use the Enumerator. static void Main(string[] args) { ArrayList list = new ArrayList(); list.Add(1); list.Add("hej"); //Using the foor loop for (int i = 0; i < list.Count; i++) { Console.WriteLine(li...

Forwarding failed mail
Maybe I'm missing something, but forwarding failed mail is a nightmare. I can either forward the NDR or the e- mail, but not both. Exchange 5.5 would have the failed mail as an attachment when you forwarded it, so the correct recipient could see it was "failed mail"?? ...

Change Data Source for Pivot Table?
Thanks for your time and help. Applications: Excel 2000 and Access 2000 Problem: I'm working with an Excel Pivot Table that is linked to a Access table for its data source. How do I change the data source to a table in another access databas so that I can update my excel pivot table? thanks again, ths7 -- ths7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ths78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2748 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47003 You could use programming to change th...

Mail Accounts
How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format Hi scrootch Use Movemail Box if they are under same ORG. Thanks Manoj "scrootch" wrote: > How do I extract the accounts from exchange to import them on another server > without exchange e.g outlook with.pst format ...

Create Data
Hello all, I know i'm not in the good forum...but please read the following. I hope you are doing great so as you can see I am new to this, and I hope that Andrew Karcher is reading... So from my first post I tried to insert a Category into AdventureWorks with the help of Andrew..it works, so I can see the new Category on the "dropdown menu". Now as Andrew said...sales for that ProductCategory so no data will be returned unless you create that data and he is right. What I did is from the Dataset Parameters,I insert the Category in available value the one that I wan...

Project sample data in TWO
I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I have tried all of the techknowledges on GP knowledgebase. It keeps stopping in different places.I have had to uninstall and reinstall many times. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this accomplished? Thanks Gina This macro has not run without error since version 60. >-----Original Message----- >I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get >the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I >have tried all of the techknow...

Easiest way to "transpose" data?
I have a table, laid out as follows: Acct, Year, period1, period2, period3, period4,...through period13 Sales 2006 $1000 $2500 $3100 $1250 What is the easiest way to return each record as 12 records, Acct Year Period, Amount Sales 2006 Period1 $1000 Sales 2006 Period2 $2500 Sales 2006 Period3 $3100 Sales 2006 Period4 $1250 I can't mess with the table structure, and I actually have a bunch of different tables I will need to view in a similar fashion. I can figure ways to do it, but I am sure some of the genius level talent here has an easy way to do this? Phil If we were ...

Your path to data is incorrect
I am completely new to Great Plains. I was trying to install the package (7.5 version) and I am stuck at this stage: I have been able to install the package and create two companies using the utilities. I then tried to enter the package. After the initial login dialog, I get to see the error message : Your path to data is incorrect There is a textbox with the label:Location of Pathname File and this is initialized to DYNAMICS/dbo If I press Ok and go ahead, I get a couple of more error dialogs. Ultimately, I am not able to open any transactional screen. I saw that the database DYNAM...

Data Validation #33
I'm trying to use excel for use in a golf draft. What I want to do i use data validation to form a drop down list where people pick thie golfers. You have to pick four different golfers out of a group o eight. But what I want to do is not have the golfers already picke show up on the list of the 2nd ,3rd and 4th golfers. So if you pic Tiger Woods first he does not show up again on the list when you mak your second pick, and so on. Does anyone have any solutions. thank very much. jory Dimon -- riderfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- riderfan&...

Windows mail comes alright but then disappears
Hello, Background I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated for pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The server port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure, Internet Explorer 7. Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on. Problem comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent or junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail. It can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want. What am I doing wrong...

Outlook 2007 mail to links and attachments
I have discovered an issue with Outlook 2007. If a user clicks on a mailto link with Outlook already open from a web page the new mail form opens, but the user is unable to attach a file to this new email. The attachment button is grayed out. If the user closes Outlook and clicks on the same link, they are able to send the email with an attachment. Is there a resolution or workaround for this? Thanks. "mlwalls" <mwalls@Integrityts.com> wrote in message news:erHUBr3zKHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have discovered an issue with Outlook 2007. If a user ...

push rather than pull cell data.
Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time cell data is changed. Thanks for any help with this. Maybe you could use a macro. "BINZA@" wrote: > > Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same > excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time > cell data is changed. > > Thanks for any help with this. -- Dave Peterson sheets("sourcesht").range("a2:a22").copy sheets("d...

how do I get Win live mail on another computer
Hi, I have Windows Live Mail on my desktop computer but I can't figure out how to get it on my laptop. I tried downloading it again but it makes a whole new account and have to make a new email addy. What can I do to get my account to laptop. Thank you, Pippa Windows Live Mail does not require one to create any account (mail or news)...press the button that says Cancel. To 'get' your email and news accounts from one machine with WLM to another machine with WLM... Desktop Pc: 1. Ensure WLM's menu is present(click on the small square[upper right of toolbar] ...

Send to mail recipient #3
Dear All, I have a PC with 2 profiles. If i do right click/send to/mail recipient on a file using one of the profiles, i get Outlook 2003 (this is what i want). Using the other profile, when i do the same i get Outlook express. I've tried everything and yes, Outlook is the predefined mail client. What else can i try? Something in the registry? Many thanks! Guille -- Guillermo Brachetta Harpsichordist - Music Editor www.brachetta.com ...

Enter data using forms
Is there a internet link of an example of a macro for entering multiple rows data when pressing a save/new button once? Thanks. If there is, I bet it would be difficult to find. But if you want a workbook that starts off with certain data already in it, you may want to consider creating a template -- and saving it into your template folder. Then when you do file|new, you can point at that template and you'll have that predefined data already there. As for the save, you could use a worksheet event that adds your data. If you give more information, I'm sure someone will jump in ...

print icon clicked when open received e-mail
After installing SP2, whenever I open a received e-mail, outlook begins to print when the mouse arrow glances over the print icon on the menu bar. Very annoying! PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thank you, Michael ...

View / update data on a Continous form
Good Morning! I have a table that contains Goal numbers for our agents. I want the operator to be able to open this form and see all agents on the table (only about 12 or so) and what all their numbers are as they are stored and be able to update them to a new monthly goal. I have not been able to get the data to display let alone to be updated. Can I do this? This is the first time I have tried to use Continous Forms. Thank you in advance for your assistance! The only reasons data doesn't display using default Access forms is: 1. There is no connected recordsource (op...

XML Serialization and custom collections
I am getting XML from a dataset that has been populated via a storedprocedure no schemas have been applied nor any relationships. But the correct table names have been given to match the table(s) equivalent business object(s). I have a custom collection that implements ICollection and IEnumerable. Here is the collection: Imports ERP.BusinessObjects Imports ERP.BusinessObjects.Helpdesk Imports ICTObjects.Collections Imports System.Xml.Serialization Namespace Collections <Serializable()> _ Public Class BusinessObjectCollection : Implements ICollection, IEnumerable ...

Move a table with LOB data from one filegroup to another.
Okay, I have determined that the method I have found for moving a table from one Filegroup to another (drop and recreate the primary key on the filegroup) does not move LOB data in SQL Server 2005. According to BOL the method for setting this storage is in CREATE TABLE (TEXTIMAGE_ON). So, I am assuming I will have to rename the existing table (I was planning on using sp_rename) and it's index, and then re-creating it on the new filegroup, and then copying the data using insert [tablename] select * from [renamedtable] drop table [renamedtable Which has 'worked...

External data properties
I have imported data into Excel 2007. The headings are the field names from teh table I imported. In Excel 2003 I could remove the table headings in "External Data Properties" by ticking a box. That option doesn't seem to be there in 2007. Any suggestions how I can do this? ...