Checkbook calculations

I am trying to create an Excel worksheet to calculate my checkbook. I want to
be able to enter different transactions and have them added or subtracted
from my balance, as well as keep a running balance. Any info will be most
helpful.
Thank you

google
excel:checkbook template

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"MDS1267" <MDS1267@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create an Excel worksheet to calculate my checkbook. I want
> be able to enter different transactions and have them added or subtracted
> from my balance, as well as keep a running balance. Any info will be most
> helpful.
> Thank you

0
Don
6/6/2010 4:35:22 PM
Here's how I have mine setup:

Row 1 = column headers
A1 = Date
B1 = Ck Num
C1 = Description
D1 = Debit
E1 = Rec (reconcile)
F1 = Fee
G1 = Deposit
H1 = Balance

H2 = starting balance (manually entered)

Enter this formula in H3 and copy down:

=IF(A3="","",SUM(H2,G3)-SUM(D3,F3))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MDS1267" <MDS1267@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create an Excel worksheet to calculate my checkbook. I want
> be able to enter different transactions and have them added or subtracted
> from my balance, as well as keep a running balance. Any info will be most
> helpful.
> Thank you

#error for Sum on calculated subform detail row total
Hi, I have a subform with a number of rows with combo box lookups. Hidden fields of the combo box lookups are used to perform a row calculation, for example: RowTotal text box control source is set to: [Quantity]*[Type].[Column] (2) The row total is calculated perfectly. But when i try and sum this RowTotal i get an error, i have read Sum() can only be performed on fields not calculated controls as i am doing, but is there any way to achieve what i want? I'm guessing the only option is to do a total query with DLookup but i was worried about speed and would like to have offloaded this t...

Calculate differences between age
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have ages in a YY: MM format (excel doesnt like that, any help would be great). eg. 11:08 is 11 years and 8 months. I will have an actual age for every entry and then a reading age in the same format for every entry. I will then calculate the difference and put them in order of the highest difference. I basically need to know the formula for the format I want to use as my efforts have not come to fruition as yet! Thank you in advance, this is a great little community by the looks of it! Carl -- carlharris ----------------------------------------------...

how excel calculates the major units on an axis when MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true #2
I need to know, how excel calculates the major units on an axis when MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true. We are porting an existing excel chart application to .net with help of a third party tool for charting. If MajorUnitIsAuto property set to true, excel automatically calculates the major unit.Need to know what algorithm excel uses to calculate the Major Units. Thanks in advance, Mathew Microsoft has posted an article which tells how the minimum and maximum scale values are determined, in terms of this mysterious major unit, but I have seen nothing about how this major unit is calcula...

Excel filter no longer calculates the number of matches
I have applied filters to an excel spreadsheet. When I select a value from the filter drop down it used to display the count or total number of records inthe filtered list in the botton right hand corner. Now, for some reason it still filters but it DOESNT display the count of records, instead it displays Filter Mode. This has happened for years but only now have I decided to ask why! Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong! Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count She has a couple of workarounds. SReed wrote: > &g...

Checkbook
I do not see any SDK documentation on the checkbook files or processes. Unfortunately we did not follow the suggested process to start a checkbook in transitioning from another system. Now, we can't seem to make everything report correctly on the checkbook. We know the transactions are ok. We know the GL is ok. We know the GL and CHeckbook entries match. But the checkbook balances are just not correct. I am sure that one has to do some sql to fix this. Does anyone out there have a how to or description on checkbook? ...

Employee schedule: I want it to calculate time entered such as 11.
I would like to enter the in and out times for each employee on my schedule spreadsheet in normal format (e.g. 11:00pm - 7:00am) and have it calculate how many hours the emploee worked. Everything works well until I have an employee who works the night shift. The subtraction of 11pm to 7am gives me a negative and incorrect anser. How can I achieve this and still use normal format times as above? Rudy If you put the date (time in) in column A for example, and the time in 9:00 PM in column B, then in Column C, you can input the forula =A1+B1 (formatted for date and time). Then do ...

After.Calculate event
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet with a number of calculated cells. When I click calculate nothing happens for ages then the % complete slowly increases....but I am never sure when the calculations has been completed. I have been told that the after.calculate event coulc help me but I have no idea how it works or how I could implement it. Can anyone help please thanks Sam MS Excel 2007 The "after.calculate" event doesn't exist in Excel. I've never heard of it. Suggest you pack your lunch and spend some time at Charles Williams website... http://www.decisionmodels.c...

Calculating with dates
Apologies if this should be in the section for new users. What I have are many rows with a 'from date' (ColumnA) and a 'to date' (columnB). Now what I want is at the end of each row, to display how many days of data is covered. For example 1/1/01 (cell A1)to 2/1/01 (cell B1) would be 2 , as it has 2 days worth of data (the 1st and 2nd). Now what I've been doing is something like (B1-A1)+1=Answer (answer in C1) but what happens, is the rows that are blank (e.g A235 and B235) result in 1, as it's doing the sum (0-0)+1. On another worksheet I want a total. All the C c...

age calculations
I have a Child care program that i want it to figure the cost per child based on age in months. I use DateDiff("m",[Birthdate],Now())+Int(Format(Now(),"mmdd")<Format([Birthdate],"mmdd")), to figure the age in months. How do I set it to post this cost scheme. 0-18 months = $565.00; 19-36 months = $525.00; <37 months = $490.00 On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:10:01 -0800, rarredon wrote: > I have a Child care program that i want it to figure the cost per child based > on age in months. I use > DateDiff("m",[Birthdate],Now())+Int(Format(Now(...

Calculating amount after subtracting percent
Heres what i would like to do. I would like column b to equal column a minus x percent and appear in column c. The goal is to only have to eneter one formula and it will automatically fill it in to the corresponding row. EX. A B 200 150 100 75 400 100 Is there a way to do this with out entering the fomula in to every row. Not a formula that will automatically fill in the rows but you can drag the formula down but using the fill handle, the little box in the bottom right-hand corner of the cell. When you ...

Calculations for Quota by month
Hello, Thanks for the help. - In Column A I have Salespeople names listed (row 1 is the header) - In column's B through M I have the months of the year, starting with October in column B (fiscal year) - Column N is blank - Column O is the cumulative total - We will talk about Columns P & Q in a moment. - Column R lists the salespersons yearly quota - Column S lists the salespersons percent to quota (for the year) Question: In column P I would like to list the salespersons year to date quota. For example, if his quota is 60k for the year, that would be 5k a month. ...

Trouble calculating dates
Good afternoon, I'm using a query called furlough with has a date field in it called [fdate] I also have a config table called tblconfig which has a date field called [EndDate] I get the [EndDate] through the dlookup. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim tDate, strwhere As String tDate = Nz(DLookup("[EndDate]", "tblconfig")) MsgBox tDate strwhere = "[fdate] < '" & tDate & "'" Filter = strwhere FilterOn = True End Sub What I need to do is to compare the [fdate] to the [EndDate]. For example: I need all re...

2 different checkbook id's, but truly only 1 checkbook
2 different users are posting into "what they thought" was the same checkbook id, but actually is 2 different checkbooks. So I want to transfer all of the data from one of the checkbooks to the other checkbook, then inactivate that one. I thought there might be something in SQL to do this, but MS Support says no. There is lots of data in both, do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of one of the checkbooks and merge to the other checkbook? Thanks. -- cscheible There are quite a few complications to this request. My first question, which can change some of my other ...

Excel 2007 Checkbook Register Question
Hi - I am a noob to Excel. I downloaded the checkbook register from the Excel website figuring it would be an easy way for me to become familiar with the program. Here's what I downloaded: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC101909831033.aspx?pid=CT101438521033 I put my "Balance Forward" in the top row, then added a deposit. The deposit and the "Balance Forward" added correctly. Then, I entered a check, but for some reason the amount of the check, which was placed in the Debit cell, did not automatically subtract from the balance. Question - H...

checkbox/calculations
I have a form with a subform. In the subform I have all the past service dates. I have a calculation where I take the most recent service date and multiply by the service interval on the main form to give me the next service date. I would like to add a checkbox in the subform or next to the nextservice date so it can take that date and put it into the servicelog and give me the next date automatically. Is there a way to do this. and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. I basically want it to automatically update without me having to move the date manually from the next service ...

Calculating working hours to complete a task
Hi all i have a team who respond to customer requests, and they record when the request came in and when it went out. I then report on how many working hours they took to repsond, to see if within SLA or not. To calculate this i use the following formula from Chip Pearson's website http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetimews.htm =IF(AND(INT(StartDT)=INT(EndDT),NOT(ISNA(MATCH(INT(StartDT),HolidayList,0)))) ,0,ABS(IF(INT(StartDT)=INT(EndDT),ROUND(24*(EndDT-StartDT),2), (24*(DayEnd-DayStart)* (MAX(NETWORKDAYS(StartDT+1,EndDT-1,HolidayList),0)+ INT(24*(((EndDT-INT(EndDT))- (Sta...

Checkbook Integration
Due to the fact that there are no batch in Checkbook Management, my client is looking at a way to view an import file prior to posting. Before I write this from scratch I was wondering if anyone has a solution that already does this? Not only do they want to see the transactions but they also want to be able make corrections and add records to the import prior to pusing the import button. Rich, You have Batch Posting available if you have Cash Book Management registered. The best solution would be to suggest your client CBM. Batch posting is not available in the default Bank Reconcili...

WHY I GET " CALCULATE" MESSAGE
i get the calculate message in status bar, i copy the formula in one perticular sheell and then paste this to some other shell but the formula is not applied to other shells, it shows always the first copied shell value to forth comming shells in status bar show the message " calculate" what can i do Think the calc mode is inadvertently set to Manual. Press F9, does it compute properly? To check & change calc mode: Click Tools > Options > Calculation tab Check "Automatic" > OK -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- ...

Percentage calculation #2
In G18, I want this cell to calculate 10% of the number in H17. How can I make a formula for this? I try to simply put in =H17(0.1), but it gives me a !REF error. Thanks. -- Roz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29746 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498761 "Roz" <Roz.2183em_1136567400.8517@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Roz.2183em_1136567400.8517@excelforum-nospam.com... > > In G18, I want this...

Calculate Data
I am trying to sum information based on a timeframe. Please see exampl below NAME TIME DATE bob 4 2/14/2004 00:05:00 James 10 2/16/2004 7:00:00 bob 10 2/13/2004 19:00:00 I want to get the total time for bob between 7:00 PM and 7:00 AM eg IF(DATE is BETWEEN 2/13/2004 7:00 PM AND 2/14/2004 7:00 AM) SUM TIM for bob) Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Say your criteria was in G1 (bob), G2 (2/13/2004 19:00) and G3 (2/14/2004 07:00): =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=G1),--(C1:C100>=G2),--(C1:C100<=G3...

Payroll Calculation
I am making a payroll spreadsheet for my work, and I need some help coming up with a consistent formula. There are three types of hours at work - Regular, Nights and Weekends, and Overtime. These are in cells N4, O4, and P4, respectively. Workers at my job can work both Regular hours, and Nights and Weekends. Therefore, Overtime starts accumulating once the combined totals for Regular hours and Night and Weekend hours hits 40. I need to tell the Regular and the Nights and Weekends cells that once they add up to 40, they stop accruing. Then, the Overtime cell needs to pick up all...

Can query calculate Data for each day of the month?
I want a query that will calculate data for each day of the month. For example, I have a query that will calculate A/P for any specific day of the month. This query will list all the open invoices for any particular day and a report will sum them up. I want another report that will print the running sum of A/P for each day of the month. Can this be done? To get daily sums on a report, you would have to pull all the details, then use grouping and sorting (combined with totals) to group by day and display only the group footer (with a total). -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "to...

How do I calculate monthly gains/losses in excel
For a family budget how would I calculate monthly gains/losses in Excel? On Sat, 22 May 2010 23:53:01 -0700, ragingriver30 wrote: > > For a family budget how would I calculate monthly gains/losses in Excel? With formulas, of course. Seriously, your question is so broad that it's impossible to answer. If you told us how you have your data set up, we might be able and willing to provide a useful answer. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com Shikata ga nai... Maybe have a look...

Why is calculate showing in status bar at bottom of spreadsheet?
I have a spreadsheet where the calculate alert is showing down at the bottom of the screen. I have calculations set to automatic in the options tab, but it still shows up. Why is that, and is there something I can do that would help clear that? The issue is bigger than this, but I figured I'd better keep it simple to start. Sean Sean, have a look here, http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsf.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Usin...

Checkbook balances only what is posted
I'm making a checkbook (shown below) in excel and I have a poste column. If the posted column has a "Y" in it then that row has bee posted and I either add the deposit or subtract the withdrawl. I ca get the SUM statement to work to take the previous balance and add th deposit AND subtract the withdrawl with the following line, =SUM($F2,C3,-D3). I can get the line =SUM(IF(E4:E13="Y",C4,D4)) to do calculations if th posted coulmn has a "Y" in it but I can't get it do do all of i together C D E F 1 DEPO...