Calculating gross when net is known

Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is know.
I need to calculate backwards for the tax burden to come up with the net

Hi,
I am lost here usually you have your gross less your taxes = Your net

assuming gross is in a1, tax in b1(calculated based on 10% taxes)  in c1 the
net will be

=a1-b1

Now if you know your net to get your gross will be

=c1/0.90

0.90 comes from 1-0.10 taxes

"placerpone" wrote:

> Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is know.
> I need to calculate backwards for the tax burden to come up with the net
Well, it depends what your tax rate is. Suppose it is 10% (i.e. 0.1),
then:

Net * 1.10 =3D Gross

Hence,

Net =3D Gross / 1.10

or:

Net =3D Gross / (1 + tax_rate)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 18, 5:21=A0pm, placerpone <placerp...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is kn=
ow.
> I need to calculate backwards for the tax burden to come up with the net

0
Pete_UK
12/18/2009 5:33:07 PM
Net = Gross * (1 - TaxRate)
Net / (1 - TaxRate) = Gross

Regards,
Fred

"placerpone" <placerpone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Frequent budget adjustments when the gross amount of the adjustment is
> know.
> I need to calculate backwards for the tax burden to come up with the net

0
Fred

How can I run Unicode application in Win 9X/ME developed in XP .Net.
Dear, I would like to know how can I run an Unicode application in Window 9x/Me environment, the application is developed in .NET under the XP windows? This is my original intention to develop the application in Unicode in order to save time from develop multiple applications for different evnironment, since the application needs to display multibyte characters and latins accent characters. Thnx, Derek >I would like to know how can I run an Unicode application in Window >9x/Me environment, the application is developed in .NET under the XP >windows? This is my original intent...

String Field Length Issues
FYI: MBS Support has acknowledged the following as a bug for which a patch is being prepared. No due date for the patch yet, however. Also there are no TKs on this (at least none we've seen). When creating new string fields via Deployment Manager you specify a size/length. When the field is saved (created), it only reflects at 1/2 of the size you specified. For example, if you type the length of a string field as 25 characters, it will be created with a length of 13 characters. You can confirm this by looking at the attribute's schema properties in Deployment Manager, t...

Ebay Items: .Net/Web Services/XML Programming
Please take a look. Please do not take offence at my post. They are all competitively priced .... have given up trying to get a dotnet job. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216488037&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216479909&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216478161&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5216474944&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMES...

Formula/calculation help for medical charting
Hi, I am trying to develop an anesthesia record chart for the vet clinic I work at. I have A8 through A15 labeled for time, temperature, heart rate, etc. The other columns (B8-B15, C8-C15, etc) I have set aside for later entries in the above categories as we take values every 5 min. or so. What I would like to do is have a formula that would show numerical values in red if they are above or below the normal value range (in black). For instance, a dog's normal temperature can range from 99.5 degrees F to 102.5 degrees F. If it is 98 degrees or 103 degrees I want these values to s...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

calculating times
HEY, DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET A FORMULA TO CALCULATE THE MINUTES FROM TWO TIME? THANKS, SPIKE Hi not really sure what you're looking for? maybe the function MINUTE is working for you. e.g. =MINUTE(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany spike wrote: > HEY, > DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET A FORMULA TO CALCULATE THE > MINUTES FROM TWO TIME? > THANKS, > SPIKE Hi Spike! Posting in all upper case makes it more difficult to read especially if your first language isn't the one used. To calculate the minutes between times in A1 (earlier time) and B1 (later ti...

Best commercial web hosting company using an IIS server for ASP.NET programming is?
I need to find a commercial web hosting service that runs IIS 5.1 or IIS7 so I can experiment with some ASP.NET programs I have written. Right now they work in Visual Studio server mode, but I need an actual web server to play with. What is the best commercial service out there for this? One with SQL Server would be a plus. I have checked out some Top 10 commercial web hosting sites, but they seem to me to be oriented towards commercial applications like hosting your FrontPage enabled business web page. What I'm looking for is somewhere to run my .aspx pages with optional ...

Calculator #2
It seems there should be a calculator function in Excel. I'm often needing to add a few numbers together before inserting them. Anyone know of such a thing? There's no popup calculator built into Excel. People often just use a cell, typing for example, =1+2+3 and Enter. If you don't want a formula in the cell press F9 before the Enter. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Excel IS a calculator, so of course no one needs one ;-) .... but anyway, Orlando has one at http://cpap.com.br/orlando/ and John has one at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/toolbarcalc.htm -- HTH. Best wishes Haral...

calculate sign module
I have a module with the Function SignKZ and a field called Bdate How do I get the result of this function in my form? Function SignKZ(Bdate As Date) As String Dim X Dim Y If (Not IsDate(Bdate)) Or (Bdate = 0) Then 'Wenn falsches Datum dann Today X = Day(Date) Y = Month(Date) Else X = Day(Xdatum) Y = Month(Xdatum) End If If (X > 20 And Y = 3) Or (X < 21 And Y = 4) Then TierKZ = "Widder" ElseIf (X > 20 And Y = 4) Or (X < 21 And Y = 5) Then TierKZ = "Stier" ElseIf (X > 20 And Y = 5) Or (X < 22 And Y = 6) The...

How do I calculate ratios between 2 cells?
Hi, I need to work out a ratio between two figures (eg. the number of replies to sales made etc). Both cells are in the same worksheet. Sounds easy but I can't get anywhere with HELP. If anyone can help I'd very much appreciate it. Kind regards How about = A1/B1? A1 has replies and B1 has sales You could even format it % to get percent value. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Excel Novice" <ExcelNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCFFBBF-970D-456B-B28A-E46FD3CD76F6@microsoft.com... >...

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...

OT
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/05/dot_net_anniversary/ Very interesting article at the Register today. It's about the history of .Net, but also sheds light on Microsoft's general path over the past 10 years, as they've tried to chase the future down and cash in. (There's even a link to the original press release describing .Net as a web apps tool, before MS began claiming that .Net was... everything.) It's interesting how many parallels there are between the pros/cons/strategy of "Active scripting" in IE and the pros/cons/strategy of ....

Select records based upon calculated totals
I've created a report that shows the contract price of a project and using a subreport of invoices, a text box to calculate percentage of $ invoiced, which works great. I'd like to now create a report that shows only the projects that have not been invoiced 100%. What about the idea of doing that calculation in the underlying query, then using the query to feed the report? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein do...

Problem calling unmanaged DLL from VB.NET
I've been bashing my head up against a brick wall for 4 days, and I've reached the limit of my frustration and knowledge. I'd appreciate some ideas on what I'm doing wrong. I have a simple Visual Basic Express 2008 program. It calls a DLL (supplied by others). Calls to the DLL in small (trivial) programs work fine. When the program grows in size I get a "vshost.exe has stopped working" message. It happens when I call any dll function that tries to return a string. I have googled and tried everything. The full program is a few thousand lines, much of ...

why would calculate change from automatic to manual on its own?
undet tools, options, calulation tab, sometimes it changes from the default automatic to manual. why? Excel picks this setting up from the first workbook it opens in that session. If you have a workbook that lots of people can edit (like on a network drive), then you may have a co-worker who changes this setting to manual (maybe on purpose--maybe not!). If you open that workbook first, you inherit that setting. So if you open a workbook that you know has calculation set for automatic, then open the other workbook, you'll be ok. (Or just remember how to toggle the setting and yell at y...

How do I write expressions to calculate rolling 13 week averages?
If anyone knows how to do this please post answer. Please use the Message space to better describe the problem. The subject is cut off when viewing it. Also things like the table name(s) with the required field names would help us to help you. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Harmeet" wrote: > If anyone knows how to do this please post answer. ...

Hour's pay calculations
I have read a few of the answers in some other posts and I'm almos afraid to ask my questions because I might not understand the response Nevertheless, I am going to try. I am paid by the hour where I work. The hourly pay is not consisten but based on what day and time of day I work. For example; For the sake of the argument (pun intended though probably no understood), let us say the following values apply; $15 an hour from 08:00 to 13:00 $21 from 13:00 - 16:00 $26 from 16:00 $30 for all hours beyond the eight (These values vary from day to day within a week but all weeks have th sam...

how to open VC++ 6.0 projects in VC++.NET #2
aHi all iam trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. ...

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE
My Windows 2000 system suddenly started giving this error message whenever I log in. I do not launch Excel before getting this error: ..NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x308f3c7c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel] Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it? I noticed that after I click OK, Task Manager shows one or two copies of EXCEL.EXE still running. But I did not (knowingly) ...

calculating running total of a field in a query
I have a query that calculates the number of planned and then the completed innovations by month. I would like to be able to have a running total of the planned field and the same for the completed, in other words a cumulative total of each as the year progresses. Below is the sql from the query. SELECT tblMonth.month_name, qryPlannedOnly.PlannedlCumulativeCount, qryActualOnly.ActualCumulativeCount, qryActualOnly.dir, tblMonth.month_id FROM (tblMonth LEFT JOIN qryActualOnly ON tblMonth.month_name = qryActualOnly.ActualCumulativeMonth) LEFT JOIN qryPlannedOnly ON tblMonth.month_name = q...

Calculation Bug?
There appears to be a bug in Excel which is causing me considerable woes. Maybe it is functioning as intented but i cannot imagine any reason why. There are tables on two sheets, and each one has VLOOKUP functions and autofilter applied. There are no circular references. There are dynamic named ranges for some columns in each table. Excel re-calculates the entire workbook every time I make any change. This even occurs if the change is not in a cell referenced by functions in either table. If i change the autofilter, it also recalculates. Since VLOOKUP and the dynamic named ranges are ...

XML .NET book
Whats the best XML .NET book available? I'm an XML noob so I'm looking for a book that describes XML from the beginning. I have 'Applied XML Programming for Microsoft .NET' by Dino Esposito which is good - but it just talks about the programming side of things in .NET. I guess i'm therefore looking for a book which just describes XML, no programming, but still is up to date and talks about the latest technologies. Any ideas? TIA ...

Way to unzip in asp.net
We have an asp.net 3.5 framework intranet web site. We get a compressed file from a bank download that has a file extension of .gv at the end. I can easily extract it using WinZip but since I would like to de-compress it in an asp.net page I was wondering if that was possible. I know there are some framework items dealing with compress and decompress but was wondering if what I want to do is possible. If so, where can I find information on it? Thanks. -- David "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message news:4FCEBA98-D90A-4053-871C-2490606B844A@m...

Automatic Calculation Not happening
Using Excel 2002 on XP Pro, some of my network users (2 so far) have reported that Automatic Calculation of their spreadsheets is not happening. This seems selective in that some spreadsheets work and some don't. Automatic Calculation IS turned on in Optioons, but does not happen. Only way to calculate is to F9 and perform a manual calculation. There are no macros running anywhere . Can anyone suggest any advice? Thanks The Calculation option, while a global setting, is saved in each workbook, and the instance of XL will take its setting from the first workbook that opens. So if...

Changing window size/location for child process w/.Net
I'd like to start a process and then change the window location and size at various times during its life in a .Net (sans user32.dll). I can get the window handle easy enough but I don't know what to do next to replace the GetWindowRect and MoveWindow DllImports. mediaPlayer.FileName = "mplayer"; mediaPlayer.Start(); mediaPlayer.WaitForInputIdle(); IntPtr hWin = mediaPlayer.MainWindowHandle; GetWindowRect(hWin, out rect); // <- what is ..Net equivalent? MoveWindow(hWin, left, top, width, height, true); // <- what is...