ANOVA with 3 factors

Is it possible to using Excel to perform an ANOVA with 3 (or more) factors?

Thanks

Confused Slug  -

The Data Analysis wizards of Excel's Analysis ToolPak have only one-factor
and two-factor ANOVA.

For three-factor ANOVA, you could investigate using Minitab, SPSS, SAS, or
R.

Or, depending on your needs, you might be able to Excel's Regression tool or
LINEST worksheet function if you're willing to set up the data matrix of
binary indicator variables. Both the Regression tool and LINEST are limited
to sixteen explanatory variables, so you're limited to four-factor ANOVA if
you want to include all interaction terms.

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Confused Slug" <ConfusedSlug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to using Excel to perform an ANOVA with 3 (or more) factors?

Thanks

0
Mike

track changes #3
I'd like to have the track changes feature truned on for all new Excel spreadsheet files from all different departments/groups. Can anyone inform me if it can be enforced? If so, how? Thanks a lot! ...

Count formula #3
Good morning!! I was wondering if there's a formula that could calculate this, example: Cell A1 = 16 A2 = 16 A3 = 32 A4 = 32 A5 = 50 A6 = 50 I would like a formula that counts only 16, 32 and 50 once, the answer would be 3. Thanks Joyce =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A6,A1:A6)) array entered (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) Jerry Joyce Oakes wrote: > Good morning!! > > I was wondering if there's a formula that could calculate > this, example: > > Cell > A1 = 16 > A2 = 16 > A3 = 32 > A4 = 32 > A5 = 50 > A6 = 50 > > I would like a formula that counts only 16...

E-mail management in CRM 3 and Outlook
Dear All, I have a question regarding CRM and Outlook e-mail. We use the CRM web client mainly, but find that every so often we need to go through everyone's exchange e-mail box and delete all of the incoming e-mails. Is there a way to automatically delete e-mails from outlook once they have been passed over to CRM? Thanks in advance, Mike Swann You can use either a client side or server side mailbox rule, simular to the forwarding rule created in the mailbox to forward the crm mail to the crm mailbox. Create the rule to move the email to the deleted folder and then empty the ...

ANOVA with 3 factors
Is it possible to using Excel to perform an ANOVA with 3 (or more) factors? Thanks Confused Slug - The Data Analysis wizards of Excel's Analysis ToolPak have only one-factor and two-factor ANOVA. For three-factor ANOVA, you could investigate using Minitab, SPSS, SAS, or R. Or, depending on your needs, you might be able to Excel's Regression tool or LINEST worksheet function if you're willing to set up the data matrix of binary indicator variables. Both the Regression tool and LINEST are limited to sixteen explanatory variables, so you're limited to four...

Template #3
Here is my situation. Every month export two reports from QuickBooks into Excel. Report #1 is on one sheet and report #2 is on sheet two. I then set up several new rows that use various functions to provide me with data derived from the information I exported. This new data is needed to fill out sales and use tax forms for the parish and state tax agencies. How can I export this monthly information into a template so that all the programming does not have to be recreated? I would really appreciate any help with this. I can send a copy of the spreadsheet if that helps with this issue. ...

How do I create 3 text boxes on a page?
I am trying to create an exam that will have 3 text boxes. I need for the text boxes to expand as the student types in the answers and to continue to an additonal page if necessary. This is my first Publisher project and I'm a bit lost! Go here Text boxes http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH063585551033.aspx Scroll down to the "Connect text boxes" entry. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "agrissom" <agrissom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AE053CB-3E28-447A...

Sorting Problem #3
Hello, I'm a teacher looking for a way to sort or filter data within cell. I'm importing data into a single table (no other options) fro the web. The data comes in like this 275521. Is there any way that can set up the spreadsheet to split up the data into 27, 55, 2 separately? Thanks for any help or advise -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at 'Data - Text to columns' and choose a fixed with >-----Original Message----- >Hello, I'm a teacher looking for a way to sort or filter data within a >cell. I'm importing data into a si...

use port number for the sql server? while installing CRM 3.0
when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, can we use port number for the sql server? Responded to on the CRM Deployment forum. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Amit - Techtrends" wrote: > when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, > can we use port number for the sql server? ...

Warning Message #3
I just recently upgraded my Outlook XP to SP3. Now no matter what I do I get this warning window which tells me " A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'NO'" If I choose no I can continue with what I was doing, If I choose yes, them I am prompted to tell Outlook for how long I want to allow access for. Once I select a time I am able to continue with what I was doing See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for informatio...

Assign 3
a) The most usefull part of this module was learning that you can e-mail your publications through MS Publisher. It is very useful for my job. b) The part of this module that I found the most challenging was creating a hyperlink in hte publication. Huh? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "K Hutch" <KHutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04678BDD-D844-478C-BFAB-B95A80B2BDC8@microsoft.com... > a) The most usefull part of this module was learning that you can e-mail > your &g...

Excel macro question #3
Hi, Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that will automatically copy two colums in an Excel worksheet and at the start of each day insert them into a new worksheet with the new date on it? The columns in the new worksheet are named differently than the previous day's (i.e. Beginning bag count, instead of ending bag count). I've taken a VB programming course but have not done any programming in Excel yet. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Joan Have included an example sub routine, that might help (obviously not the definitive solution, but it should get y...

CRM 3.0 helpdesk solution
Can anyone give me some direction in setting up an IT related CRM helpdesk. From my understanding the method would be to setup a helpdesk email address on Exchange and route all email to a helpdesk Queue in CRM. Then thru some sort of workflow have an alert sent out to all members of the IT Team who can all access the queue and self-assign their own cases based on whomever has the knowledge and time. I don't really have the CRM knowledge to pull this off on my own but perhaps with a tiny bit of guidance I can glean my way thru. Hi Twillikers, I've been looking at this for some ...

Overlaying charts #3
I am looking for basic directions on overlaying charts in excel vsn 2003. I am trying to find a trend within sets of variables. In general it's more reliable to add the data to a single chart. Otherwise it's an ongoing struggle to keep chart elements lined up satisfactorily. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ cg wrote: > I am looking for basic directions on overlaying charts in excel vsn 2003. I > am trying to find a trend within sets of variables. ...

Posting Accounts Setup #3
Hi all, I am setting up Default Posting Accounts in GP. Does anyone know where I can find detailed explanation for each posting account in the posting Account Setup window--Financial, Sales, Purchasing, Inventory. I checked Help already--not helpfull Thanks. LR We publish a series of books on Dynamics GP that fill in the missing pieces of help. Our Information Flow and Posting book details the posting accounts and provides detailed explaination of these and many other accounts. You can check out sample pages from this book on our web site below. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

ANOVA
I'm doing a variance anlysis with two factors and many samples by groups. When I put the number of rows for each sample in the dialogue box, It shows me a mistake: Each sample ought to have the same number of rows. In my example, I have two factors, and 5 repetitions for sample, and when i write the number 5 in the row for sample, It give me an error. Do you know what could be the problem? Angel - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;267281 - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7313013-3C...

Error while installing CRM 3.0 02-01-07
i recieve an error while installing the msxml 4.0 hotfix that comes with the CRM 3.0 installation steps , the error message was "This KB887606_42 is for a different hardware platform" and my operating system is windows 2003 x64 ...

CRM 3 English to CRM 3 Greek
Hi! During tha last couple of months we developed our solution with the (available) English Version of CRM 3. Now the Greek version is out and we wonder about the easist path needed to migrate to the Greek language version (on the same server). Can we just export the customizations.xml and use the same databases? How can we export our data from CRM 3 en to CRM 3 gr - if this is not going to work? Thanking you in advance Dimitris You cannot use the export/import customization feature across different language versions. I am affraid that you will need to re-do all the customization...

Multi-Currency in 3.0
Has anyone addressed this requirement in a previous 1.2 or current 3.0 project? On 19 Dec 2005 14:05:49 -0800, "crmask" <michaelcrogers@hotmail.com> wrote: >Has anyone addressed this requirement in a previous 1.2 or current 3.0 >project? We have done for 1.2 in a simple way. For a fuller solution take a look at http://www.k3btg.com/crm/k3crm_functionality.html#currency What do you need? Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK See my MSCRM blog http://spaces.msn.com/members/mscrm crmask wrote: > Has anyone addressed this requirement in a previous 1.2 or curren...

error msg #3
To anyone; One of our users is trying to type a new message---in the process, Outlook displays a message saying 'trying to load Microsoft Word as your email editor' and then the pc appears to hang. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Histograms #3
Help Me! I am trying to create a Histogram on Excel. The onl information that I have is class limits and the frequnecy's for eac class. Every time I enter the information on Excel and click o Hisogram it changes my Bins. I know there is a way to create one wit this inforamtion, but I have no idea how. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com TarheelGirl33 - > Help Me! I am trying to create a Histogram on Excel. The only information that I have is class limits and the frequnecy's for each class. Every time I enter the information on Excel and click on Hisogram it ...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3
Thank you! That did the trick. -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266960 ...

OWA Authentication #3
I have set up forms authentiacation in an attempt to have the user authenticate using the UPN instead of the domain\username format. I have created a separate virtual directory for domainB.com and have a corresponding recipient policy. I have also changed the default domain on the front end and back end server to (\) for authentication on the virtual directory. UPN authentication for OWA is still not working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! Forms based authentication IIRC can not use the UPN as a username format, rather uses domain\username. This is even no...

how #3
how does this work guys i new to this can someonne plz help me out here ! thanks seleena Er, what? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, BENJAMIN BRAVO asked: | how does this work guys i new to this can someonne plz help me out | here ! thanks | seleena Make kwestion! Sumone might make anser! -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS...

Combobox #3
Hi! I have a problem with the position of the combobox. I have five columns with one combobox in each column. The first combobox is left position is 964,5 but when I try to preview (print preview) all comboboxes move to the left. The new position for the first combobox becomes 147,75. If I repeat this the combobox moves again until the left position of all comboboxes is 26,5. How do I lock the position of the combobox. //M Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/d�efault.aspx?kbid=838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 -- HTH RP (remove not...