adding every third column

i need a formaula that adds every third column i.e. formula in cell A1 adds
D1,G1 ect ect can some one help with this?

See your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"gma" <gma@mircosoft.com> wrote in message
>i need a formaula that adds every third column i.e. formula in cell A1 adds
> D1,G1 ect ect can some one help with this?

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Why formula doesn't change on column insertion?
Hello: I know I will feel stupid when I hear the answer, but... If I have a formula ( =average(a1:a5) ), and I insert a new column, the formula, being relative, changes to ( =average(a1:a6) ). This works fine in a test. BUT I have a working spreadsheet in which inserting a column does *not* change the relative formula. Why? I can't see anything different in my working spreadsheet... -- Fred Boer Never mind - resolved. -- Fred Boer "Fred Boer" <fredboer1@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message news:uin$VfrDIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello: > >...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

caps in columns
Hey Everyone, Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically formats so that all typed in letters are capital. If it is possible how would I go about doing this. thanks Chris go to google.com and look for free truetype fonts find an all-caps font install it use that font in excell (format.. cells... font) >-----Original Message----- >Hey Everyone, >Is it possible to have an entire column that automatically >formats so that all typed in letters are capital. If it >is possible how would I go about doing this. > >thanks >Chris > >. > Previo...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

combination of stacked and clustered column
Hi! Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered columns? B.R GmA If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Grigori Margolin wrote: > Any ways to combine two types of chars: sgtacked columns and clustered > columns? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http:...

Filter for two columns
I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than Purchased Date. Thanks Hi, sort with two conditions, highlight both columns, 1st condition Depreciation in descending order and as a 2nd condition Purchased in ascending order if this was helpful please say yes "Vadivu" wrote: > I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone > help me to get the records with Depreciation Start Date greater than > Purchased Date. > Thanks Use a helper col. As...

Adding alternate columns

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

Adding fields from a different query

Write XML with all columns/fields
Hi all, I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services. Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later saved on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can insert/aappend new records. My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty fields/columns. Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you get exception. Is there any property or method o...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

accordian columns
Hello, I was working with someone's database at work. I was updating names. I would add a new 'last name' into the first column, then when I hi the right arrow a new column called 'first name' would suddenly open u to the right of the last name column. After finishing a new row an hitting [enter], the 'first name' column would disappear again. Ho can I make columns do this? Thank you for any help. E -- Zewlsas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Zewlsash's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&am...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...