Adding data only if adjacent to cell labeled "male"/"female"

I have a spreadsheet that has this general format:

column A          column B           Column C           Column D
3                           M
5                           F
2                           M
6                           F
                                            Total Females:           11
                                            Total Males:                5

For all the cells in Column A that are adjacent to a cell in column B
containing a letter "F", I would a formula to add those numbers, and place
the sum in column D (where I've typed an "11" for Total Females).  I'd like
the same for all cells in column A that are adjacent to an "M" to be totaled
next to "Total Males".

Any solutions?

thank you

'for female count
=SUMIF(B:B,"F",A:A)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lovesrubbaducky" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that has this general format:
>
> column A          column B           Column C           Column D
> 3                           M
> 5                           F
> 2                           M
> 6                           F
>                                             Total Females:           11
>                                             Total Males:                5
>
> For all the cells in Column A that are adjacent to a cell in column B
> containing a letter "F", I would a formula to add those numbers, and place
> the sum in column D (where I've typed an "11" for Total Females).  I'd like
> the same for all cells in column A that are adjacent to an "M" to be totaled
> next to "Total Males".
>
> Any solutions?
>
> thank you

Female Professional Web Designer Required
Any Pakistani (Region: Khi) Female Professional Web Designer who use Asp.Net using C#, Plz! contact me 03452884141. thanks & best regards smifti - khi ...

How do I find and insert male and female symbols?
These symbols are not in the Symbol menu in Office 2007. You can use their unicode values. In Word type 2640 (female) or 2642 (male) and then press ALT+X For other possible gender codes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol Yves "Dr.Salticid" <Dr.Salticid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:681F5064-03E2-4DCB-95FF-71BBF451013A@microsoft.com... > These symbols are not in the Symbol menu in Office 2007. Unfortunately, these symbols don't appear in the default Calibri and Cambria fonts, but if you change the font to Times New ...

Looking for my female friend.
Hi group ! I am looking for my female friend. She is 39 years old and a 3(+) generation of Norwegian-Americans who has been born in the U.S. Please see http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0625796/ and http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0625796/bio for more information. She may be living in L.A. (that is Santa Monica / Pacific Palisades) and maybe family in Encino/Sherman Oaks. If you happen to see her, please send her back to me. I am same age as she and I miss her very much. I am living in Norway. Thanks! You obviously haven't got the first clue what this newsgroup is for... This is a support group.....

Adding data only if adjacent to cell labeled "male"/"female"
I have a spreadsheet that has this general format: column A column B Column C Column D 3 M 5 F 2 M 6 F Total Females: 11 Total Males: 5 For all the cells in Column A that are adjacent to a cell in column B containing a letter "F", I would a formula to add those numbers, and place the sum in column D (where I've t...

Enter Male / Female only into cell.
It's me again, You are all so efficient with your answers, I thought I would tak advantage of you... How can I ensure that only the words "Male/male/Female/female" ar entered into a "gender" cell? Thanks again -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use a validation list. Jerry DarrenPWS < wrote: > It's me again, > > You are all so efficient with your answers, I thought I would take > advantage of you... > > How can I ensure that only the words "Male/male/Female/female" are > entered into a "gender" cel...

howdo i make a chart showing grades for male and female students
Please help! Thanks! In column A enter grades for females and in Column B enter grades for males. A will be one series on your chart. B will be the other series on your chart. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:01:01 -0800, angeleyes <angeleyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help! Thanks! ...