XL 2010: Parent of a Range can be a Shape?

Hi
Anybody else noticed that:
- in xl 2010
- if you have add a shape to a sheet
- then ask: ? typename(activesheet.Shapes(1).TopLeftCell.Parent)
  you get the answer: Shape
  while in other versions of excel, you get: Worksheet
  (the later makes more sense to me, at least).

Is that a bug or a 'weird' change in the object model?

Thanks,
Sebastien

Can't access URLs in messages
I'm not able to click on a URL embedded in an email message that I receive and go to the link. What do I need to change and how do I do it? Thanks Judy <jgoggin@civicventures.org> wrote: > I'm not able to click on a URL embedded in an email > message that I receive and go to the link. What do I > need to change and how do I do it? Try this. In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

Error bars won't display with named formula/range data
Hi all, I have a bit of a problem with Y error bars on a line chart. I'm tying to add custom error bars using a named formula but no error bars are displayed. If i use an array formula to display the values on a worksheet and select this range as the custom error bar then all is displayed fine. Also, if i use the named formula as a new series then all plots ok. The named formula is: =IssueCluster!DGH_Comparison-IssueCluster!DGH_Current It calculates the difference between the values in 2 cell ranges. Is this happening because the named formula is not evaluating itself? If so, is the...

How can I access a database using ODBC in a appliction based on Dialog
I know we can bind the fields of the specified table(s) in a application based on DOC/VIEW mode,but how can I do it while the appliction is based on DIALOG mode? Thanks a lot! Bill Derive a class from CRecordset. Modify the GetDefaultConnect() and GetDefaultSQL() methods accordingly. In the dialog's class, you'll need the CRecordset-derived member variable. Call CRecordset::Open() in the dialog's OnInitDialog() method. Now the member variables in the CRecordset-derived class can be used. "Bill Xie" <xiezhenming@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#FyJ2ncrDH...

changing default language in XL
I know this probably sounds completely stupid, but i have a swedish version of XL and want to change it to English, as well as not understanding swedish, i am not 100 percent on computers. can someone please help? Thanks Pete. I don't think you can. I think you have to buy the English version... ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote in message news:cUiIf.5957$j7.214198@news.indigo.ie... >I know this probably sounds completely ...

XL 03 vs XL 97
Is the newer version of XL that much better than 97? I have a copy of Office '03 Student and Teacher edition, but have never bothered to install it. Are the improvements in it actually worth the effort to mess with it? There are several improvements, but not very spectacular ones. The next version of Excel (due late 2006) will be the biggest change since many years. See http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:wNednQFttM0wajreRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Is ...

empty ranges
hi all, what would be the vb code to chech a range to see if anything (data) was there. say range j12:x12. thank you in advance S1 Maybe If Application.CountA(Range("J12:X12"))> 0 Then ... -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "S1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18ec01c504ad$ca4c0480$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi all, > what would be the vb code to chech a range to see if > anything (data) was there. say range j12:x12. > > thank you in advance > S1 thank you Bob S1 >...

Excel Ranges and Areas Problem
We need to set the range from text sent to us. Below is an exmple. Can anyone help as the issue is that normally the range the example below only references cells [C4, B2, D8] in a sheet and not all the sheets and cells [Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8]. Sub test() On Error GoTo iErrors Dim strText As String strText = "Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8" Dim rngTest As Excel.range Set rngTest = Application.range("Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8") Debug.Print rngTest.Address Exit Sub iErrors: Err.Clear End Sub 'We need the rngTest.Ad...

DPM 2010 and CSV
I have a 5 node Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster hosting about 40 vm's. I setup DPM 2010 to backup the vm's and the cluster failed due to lost communications. Found a couple hotfixes that appear to address the issue, KB974909 and KB975354. Both have been applied and i am ready to start backing up the vm's again. But in my research i came accross the DPM Beta doc on backing up Hyper-v with CSV and found a registry key that it looks like i need to add. The document says to add the following key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\2.0\Config...

How do you create a colored probability range around a graph line
I am looking to add a probability range around an established line in an excel chart. Ideally I would like to link the error bars and create a colored area. Hi, You can adapt Jon Peltier's explanation of shading between lines to shade an area around the line. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 Cheers Andy Caerus wrote: > I am looking to add a probability range around an established line in an > excel chart. Ideally I would like to link the error bars and create a > colored area. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.inf...

Search for my questions in 2010
When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my username), I don't get any results for 2010 (even though I have submitted several questions in 2010 that have been answered). Is there a setting that I have to change in order to be able to retrieve my 2010 discussions? Click on your name in the post and then recent posts. I can see 8 posts in 2010 by you. -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "KrispyData" wrote: > When I do I search for my discussion questions (by searching for my &...

Can't Delete Folders?..Registry in Outlook?
Running Outlook 2002 XP. I have a folder which gets my HTML MSN.com email in Outlook. I tried to move the PST file to another directory and it worked for a while and now it is broken. Outlook recognized it was moved and let me select it in the new location. Look at what comes up now in the following screen shot.... http://franz.org/outlook.jpg The Archive and Outlook Personal Folder are fine, but both MSN folders which should get my MSN Hotmail email get the following error message. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL ...

Can't access below toolbar.
I've used Windows Live mail successfully for several months but now I cannot access anything below the File, Edit, View etc bar. My mouse doesn't get a response from any button below that line. Help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01CB179F.F06F5C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Trevecchi. That=E2=80=99s a weird one that I haven=E2=80=99t heard before. But = that bar that starts with File | Edit | View... is the Menu Bar, not the = Toolbar. I hate to be...

Can't work with public folders trough Exchange System Manager
After succesfull recover of mailboxes and public folders I've noticed that under Exchange System Manager Console Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Folders/Public Folders I can't see/access any Public Folder instances and properties. All my public folders are visible and accessible with Outlook or OWA but with wrong access rights (read only). What can I do to see back my folders trough System manager console? On 6/4/04 7:56 AM, in article 767f469d.0406040356.7feb1159@posting.google.com, "Igor Hitrec" <ihitrec@srce.hr> wrote: > After succesfull recov...

Naming Cell Range
Hi all, When naming a cell range - in the name what CANNOT be used...? Can I name a range "Mech-33Data" ? Without the "" of course..... Regards, DP "David Penney" <dpenney@no-spam.iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:3f1cfb9e$0$23595$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.au... > Hi all, > > When naming a cell range - in the name what CANNOT be used...? > > Can I name a range "Mech-33Data" ? > Without the "" of course..... > > Regards, > > DP > > I searched Help for "naming cells" and got to this:...

I cannot enable Send To OneNote from Outlook 2010 Beta to OneNote
My Send to OneNote button disappeared after Outlook reported some error when it started. The error seemed to be related to OneNote 2007, so I uninstalled Office 2007. But now I cannot get the Send To OneNote button to appear again in Outlook 2010. First, it is very hard to find *where* to enable this. I finally found the AddIn "OneNote Notes about Outlook Items" in the "Innactive Application AddIns" list. I had to both ENABLE it (under Manage Disabled AddIns) and set it to start (under Manage COM AddIns). But after exiting and restarting Outlook 2010 the...

Extender in GP 2010
A great new feature in Extender for GP 2010 is the stand alone Forms that you can create. I am currently testing GP 2010 prior to upgrading from V9 and created some Extender forms. My question is how do the users get access to it. I know it can be opened from within the Extender “developer” tool, but how can you put the form on a menu or another shortcut? Surely the users should not have to go to the developer tool to do this but that is the way it looks like after reading the documentation. Thanks -- Pieter Hi Pieter, We can create menu using extender 2010. Create n...

Move payment from child customer to parent customer
I am wondering if there is any way to move payments we received out of the child customer and into the parent customer. We had a new employee enter in a bunch of payments to the child instead of the parent and now we can't apply the payments correctly cause they were put into the wrong child. Thanks! ...

Can not define group of send/receiving
When I select Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive (button), no action from the outlook 2003. I am sure there are valid emails accounts in the outlook. What goes wrong? Sounds to me like you have a damaged srs file (Send/Receive group). Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284312&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul Wong" <wyeechen@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:eJRMPLeNEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I select Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Send/Receive (button), no action > from the outloo...

Can not invite others..........
My Exchange 5.5 crashed on me yesterday. I had to do a clean install (with sp4) and restore information store from backup on Win2K server. Unfortunately my dir.edb file did not backup and I lost all my permissions and aliases. Now, when I try to invite someone in Outlook 2002, it does not allow my to see that person's colander. What do you think the problem is? Please help. Thanks, dooma The problem is that you lost all your permissions and aliases. Did you run an IS/DS Integrity Check? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "...

dynamic chart range in vba
hi there, i have tried several ways of trying to get this dynamice range to work with my chart. each time i have tried a different error, but this is the current versio, and the current error is: Application-defined or object-defined error. if anyone could shed some light on this for me, it would be muchly appreciated. The Code: ' draw the graph of the imported data Graph: sName = Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name Set rng = Range("D6").Offset(s, 1) Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLinesNoMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets(sName).Range(rng), _ ...

Microsoft Office 2010 Beta Install ERROR 1311
-- Kornweld1 Microsoft Office 2010 forums http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Korny" <Korny@Discussions.Microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8694619E-8D49-4B99-9ABC-C7D67024FD33@microsoft.com... > > -- > Kornweld1 ...

creating form in xl.
hi, anyone know how i can create a form to show up on my excel sheet as a "on screen form" with fill-in blanks. Similar to sheets like "invoice.template or balnce sheet templates". i tried saving as a template but it still shows up on screen like a spreadsheet with cells? any suggestions? thanks!!! PS: basically i want to create a daily log that can be filled out by me as well as my employees. each time they use the tab button it jumps from data line to data line or entry line. mike Mike You need to protect the worksheet. Before you do that first format the cell...

Can't assign value
Thank you for your time Samuel "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message news:eAL1W3k%23HHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Perform this sequence when you get the updated file: > Compact | Decompile | Compact | Compact | Compile > > To compact: > Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair > > To decompile, enter something like this at the command prompt while Access > is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: > "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile > &qu...

How can I run a spreasheet over range of input data ?
I have set up a work sheet that takes input data (a number) from a cell, goes through all kinds of calculations based on other cells, and finally puts out a results in a output cell. Using this sheet, how can I sweep the input data over a range (min,max] and record the output data over the sweep? Thanks for any hint. -- Bernd ...