Wrapping entries in a ListBox

I have a macro that takes cell data from a spreadsheet and populates a
ListBox.  I have no problems getting the data I want into the ListBox, but
I'd like to make it look neater.  Many of the items I add are longer than the
width of the ListBox.  I'd like to wrap (and possibly indent?) such entries,
but I can't find a WordWrap property for the ListBox in the Properties
window.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot have multiline items in a ListBox
(without horizontal "grid" lines, I think it would be complicated to read).
However, assuming you are using an ActiveX control and not one from the
Forms toolbar, you can implement a horizontal scroll bar so the that the
long items can be read in their entirely... just set a ColumnWidths property
to a number of points large enough to allow the scroll bar to reveal all of
the text (you can do that by trial and error).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a macro that takes cell data from a spreadsheet and populates a
> ListBox.  I have no problems getting the data I want into the ListBox, but
> I'd like to make it look neater.  Many of the items I add are longer than
> the
> width of the ListBox.  I'd like to wrap (and possibly indent?) such
> entries,
> but I can't find a WordWrap property for the ListBox in the Properties
> window.  Does anyone know a way to do this?

0
Rick

Wrapping Text to next cell?
Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the nex cell below it? thanks Bria -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no, but you can make it wrap in the SAME cell (Format - Cells - alignment' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bdunk >" <<bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bdunk.19rdkw@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to get text that overfills a cell to wrap to the next > cell below it? > > thanks Brian > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

data entry using functions??????
I would like to type in one cell data and have data returned to another cell. Example: A1 B1 C1 D1...........H1...J1 K1 L1 data typed into H1 matches data in A1; I need data in B1 C1 D1 to return to J1 K1 L1. I would like to copy the formulas down in J1:L1 thru 30 or so rows but may have only 15 rows of data in A1:D1 Data entered in the H1:31 should match one of the entries in A1:15 and return the corresponding data in B,C,D 1:15 to the corresponding cells in J,K,L 1:31 I cannot figure out how to do this, the IF function won't do this in any format I can discern. Hope I have mad...

Text wrapping difficulity
I am attempting to wrap text around a graphic, an oval. On the "outside" of the oval is a picture that ends on the ovals left hand side. I want the text to follow the "inside" (or right hand side) of the oval. I have edited the text boxes' wrap points, that did nothing. I have grouped the three objects (picture, graphic & text box) and brought the graphic to the front. That didn't work. The text always runs through (on top of) the graphic and the picture, or goes away completely. Is there a solution? Thanks. Text will never wrap inside the oval....

data entry on certin dates
on sheet1 i have a list of items in col a and in col b i enter the qty of those items on a daily basis ex. ........a..............................b.......... ............... beef................................3............. ...... cod..................................1 chicken............................24 col b is different every day on sheet 2 i have a list of days in col a col b would be beef col c would be cod and col d would be chicken ex.... ..........a..........................b............ ..............c...................d................ .. ...................................b...

Sales/Invoice in Receivables Transaction Entry vs Sales Transaction Entry
Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales Invoices. What=92s the difference? Thanks JDM Jimmy, The difference is simple. SOP is integrated with Inventory while Receivables Transaction Entry is not. In SOP TRX entry, you have advanced options in terms of booking sales by items, Sales Fulfillment and so on. Receivables TRX entry is mostly used for services or miscellaneous invoices. Here is also the place where you can adjust the debtor balances through raising a credit/debit memo, finance charge and so on. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Micros...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

ListBox
Hi, I have a ListBox in a dialog. There are more places (functions) from which strings can be added to that listbox. I am wondering where is the best place to put the method call SetHorizontalExtent, as the width of strings is know just at run time. I don't want to call that function from every place, from which a string is added to the listbox. I would prefer to place that function in some WM_MESSAGE handler, which would be called by a framework at every time, the string is added to the listbox. I didn't find such appropriate message. Can anybody tell me which message is t...

word wrap in publisher
I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have to open the 'format text box' box every time to set this. I am writing newsletters and need to do this quickly at least 20 times an hour. HELP!!! mewithad <mewithad@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am wanting to know if there is a way to reset the default word wrap > values in publisher. I have everything else set so that I don't have > to open the 'format text box' box every time to...

Closed Year Accrual Entries
What is the best way to have Accrual Entries entered for a closed year? Aman, is the closed year a year in the future or a year in the past? If in the future, open the Financial Series to posting. If it's a year in the past - 1. Has the financial year been closed (Historical)? 2. Is it the most recent Historical year? If the answer is yes to both of those questions, you can still enter transactions in the most recent closed (Historical) year. GP will automatically create closing entries to update retained earnings and beginning balances for the subsequent (current) year. If it is a...

Wrap not wrapping
I go FORMAT, click CELLS, click NUMBER, click TEXT, click WRAP TEXT as I usually do but for some reason it does not wrap. Anyone have a clue? Maybe I need to turn the machine off and let it recharge... Ralphael, the OLD one Ralpael Format>Cells>Alignment tab. Wrap text is on this Tab. Checkmark it a couple of times to set and reset it. Then make sure the row is formatted to "Autofit". If you are dealing with "merged" cells, this presents a whole 'nother problem as autofit does not work with merged cells unless you use code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 28 ...

Access 2007-Report (Text Wrapping)
Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Set the Can Grow property to Yes. -- Build a little, test a little. "SueW" wrote: > Is it possible to have text wrapping of a field on a report like the text > wrapping function in a cell in a worksheet in Excel? Thank you. "KARL DEWEY" wrote: > Set the Can Grow property to Yes. > > -- > Build a little, test a little. > > > "SueW" wrote: > > > Is it possible to hav...

Mouse wheel and a listbox
Could someone tell me what is the option to turn on in a listbox the mouse wheel? Thank's ahead! Hi Bobby, See Robin Hammond's Enhanced Data Systems site: http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/ED/Pages/ExcelListScrolls.htm If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's 'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm --- Regards, Norman "Bobby" <rpqc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1133407672.280295.61730@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Could some...

form entry based on combo box/lookup
ok. I have been marauding these forums for awhile now and first of thanks to all those whom help others out... makes a difference. This is my first post in here and hopefully this will make sense... I have three tables. one for clients one for employees and one for hourly charges this database is going to end up being remotely accessed > still working on that part as well... but here is my current hurdle... I have a form that outputs to the hourly charges table but pulls information from clients for the "PROPERTYNAME" and "COSTPERONSITE". and from employees for...

wrap
Hi i want set wrap on as default in excel. what must i do thank you Open a new workbook. Right-click on a sheet tab and "select all sheets". CTRL + a to select all cells. Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text checked. Select A1 then right-click on a sheet tab and "Ungroup sheets". File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Da...

Add-On for SOP Comment Entry?
We've seen the TK write-ups for adding the Comments to a sales invoice, but actually ENTERING the comments can be a bit cumbersome. We're seeking a 3rd-party add-on (or otherwise simple solution) for making DATA ENTRY of Sales Order line items easier. Essentialy, we need to be able to simply enter, for each line item, a Descriptive paragraph and a Price. We don't need Quantity, Unit Price, Unit of Measure, etc. For example, our entry would be something like: Custom production of 5000 widgets, red with blue stripes; extra-heavy duty with blah, blah, blah... blah, blah, bl...

register entries are being deleted
When I enter retail receipts into the register, the previous entered retail receipt is deleted by Money. Does anybodt know how to stop this? ...

Dropdown list data validation
I have a column of cells that contain part names and descriptions. The descriptions are multi-lined within the cell via line feeds of Alt+Enter. I would like to use this range as the source for a data list. However the drop down list generated shows each cell as a continous line. Eg, if I have a cell with Whistle Type: Shiny With chain Then the drop down list row for this is:- WhistleType: ShinyWith chain Is there any way to just use the first line? I know I could separate the name from the description but this will impact on the functionality of the rest of my work!...

Intelligent Message Filtering
One of my clients is running Exchange 2003 sp1 with SBS 2003. They *do* have the Intelligent Message Filtering tab under Global Settings > Message Delivery > Properties with settings of 8, archive and 8. However, they *do not* have an entry under the server > protocols > smtp for Intelligent Message Filtering. They only have the 'Default SMTP Virtual Server'. Also, there is no UceArhive folder in the program files \ exchsrvr mailroomt \ vs 1 directory. Is there something wrong with this installation? TIA. -- Regards, Allan C Are you sure this is Exchange Server 20...

excel vba
I am setting up code for a macro which I want to test out, and i successful would like to apply to certain old excel spreadsheets. Here is some background info. For my Macro1, It is set up as If Range("D10").Value = "Autumn Brown" Then Range("D11, D12") = "Brown" etc......... End If The macro will work when I run it manually, IF autumn brown has bee typed into cell D10 beforehand. However, I would like to have it se up so that when someone begins to type in cell D10, it will perform match entry or lookup which will allow them to select the rest of...

XL2003: why does word wrap stop wrapping?
One of the problems I've run into since I've been using v2003 is that after a while, data in a cell stops wrapping even when text wrap is on. At that point, I have to manually go in an add the line breaks. This seems to happen to cells with a lot of information in them. Was wondering why this was the case. In XL2K, we had the 255 character limit, of course, but in 2003 we can enter so much more information. But then the word wrap problem begins. Is there a way around this problem? thx :oD Yes, you need to add Alt-Enters every 100 characters or so. StargateFanNotAtHome wrote:...

bad type for word wrap
Dynamics GP v9.0 Message pops up in a window with the error "Bad type for word wrap." Purchasing>transaction entry User creates a credit memo, saves, posts. When printing this message pops up. It does not cause any problems with the posting or printing. It is more of an annoyance than anything. Can anyone tell me how to stop it from popping up? It happens even if I change the default printer. -- ToddR Has the posting report been modified? If so, does the same message appear if you disable the modified report for the user, forcing use of the standard version? -- Richar...

OUTLOOK.EXE
I use Win XP Professional and Office XP. I had to run Win XP repair due to virus. After repair every time I run Outlook I get the message: "CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Fund The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" This message reappears 6 times when its window is closed. After which Outlook (as far as I can tell) work fine. I have uninstalled Office XP completely. Then run Win XP repair and reinstalled Office XP. Still problem persists. Any ideas on how this message can be removed permanently? Have...

Text Wrap on Internet Messages BROKEN???
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. A user complained that long URL's that were being sent to external mail accounts were being split at column 72. I verified with my external account that this was indeed happening. Here's what I've done so far: 1. I checked the default global policy and text wrap was set to never. (We have no other Internet Message Format policies.) 2. I verified that the messages that I was sending were plain-text messages. 3. I verified that my Outlook options were set to do word wrapping at column 132. 4. I verified that plain-text messages sent to my Excha...

SMTP Log entry.
Hi guys, Below is an extract from our SMTP logs for Exchange 2003. 207.231.36.135, email5.mailserver.com, 24/11/2004, 14:07:14, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 192.168.16.8, 0, 32, 316, 250, 0, EHLO, -, email5.mailserver.com, 207.231.36.135, email5.mailserver.com, 24/11/2004, 14:07:14, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 192.168.16.8, 0, 46, 49, 250, 0, MAIL, -, From:<George@TheirDomain.net>, 207.231.36.135, email5.mailserver.com, 24/11/2004, 14:07:14, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 192.168.16.8, 93, 32, 35, 250, 0, RCPT, -, To:<Henry@OurDomain.com>, 207.231.136.135, email5.mailserver.com, 24/11/2004, 14:07:14, SMTPSVC1, ...

How do I display the last entry in a list
In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be done? Hi, This does it for column A =INDIRECT("A"&SUMPRODUCT(MAX((ROW(A1:A65535))*(A1:A65535<>"")))) Mike "ozsteve" wrote: > In Excel 2003, I have a list of values in a column and want to return the > last entry (ie highest row number) in the list to another cell. Can this be > done? =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) for column A -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200759 "ozsteve" wrote:...