Would like to locate a text box based on a search string and copy

I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it.  Based on a radio button
selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text
string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or
copy it based on some reference.  I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar
because they are highly formatable.  Another method may be acceptable as long
as I can format text.  Thank you.

Hello:
Can I assume that your Textboxes are on a regular worksheet and not a form
opened with the VBA command MyForm.Show?
Also, which toolbox did you use:  Forms or Control Toolbox?  Depending on
the answers, the methods are different.

--
Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"Jeffy" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it.  Based on a radio button
> selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text
> string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or
> copy it based on some reference.  I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar
> because they are highly formatable.  Another method may be acceptable as long
> as I can format text.  Thank you.

Where is the 2007 OneNote 'notebook cache file' located?
OneNote 2007 - which I've been using for about a month, creating about 20 Sections with up to 20 pages in each Section - suddenly froze today on opening. Error message is: "Critical error: OneNote is unable to access the notebook cache file for an unknown reason ... Error code: 0x17" (I've run Office Diagnostics but they all completed OK.) I understand if I delete the notebook cache file, OneNote will rebuild an uncorrupted version. So I plan to locate file so I can delete it. If that's a really stupid thing to do, I'd be most grateful for correction. ...

multi pane location freeze?
Using Office 2000: Is there a way to freeze a set of pains in two different locations? Example: Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions Row 300 has my totals for the items I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at all times make the in between scrollable. --------------------------- I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets you do one or the other. any help/suggestions? thanks sorry I meant panes, not pains :-) "ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message news:Oles8H66FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP...

2 email accounts and 2 delivery locations
I have 2 email accounts that I use at home. One is from my ISP and the other is our exchange server at work that I can access over my VPN. Is there a way to change the "delivery new e-mail to the following location" so that I have one going to my personal folders (from my ISP) and one to my mailbox on my exchange server (at work)? If I change it for one, it changes it for the other also. Thanks, Tom Use profiles with a single exchange in each profile. One for Exchange delivered to the Exchange mailbox and one for Internet Mail, delivered to personal folders. Mixing profil...

text in spanish with characters
I'm writing a brochure for spanish speakers. Is there a font available that will put in the characters, etc. needed? I've tried to use the tools section but I can't seem to make it work. Evan wrote: > I'm writing a brochure for spanish speakers. Is there a font available that > will put in the characters, etc. needed? I've tried to use the tools section > but I can't seem to make it work. Use Insert > Symbol, or change your keyboard layout to a Spanish one. Most fonts support Spanish characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps...

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

Show sum based on selection from Combo Box
I have a form, on the form there are 4 combo boxes for selection and the result are showed in a subform. I created a table (tblHours_worked) that contain the number of hours worked by each in employee. Now based on the selection from the combo box(s) how do I get the total hours worked to calculate and show in a field on the main form? Hopefully, this makes sense. -- tmdrake Add the textbox to the main form, I'm going to call it txtHourSum. For the control source for the txtHourSum put in something like this: =3DDSum("WorkHours","tblHours_worked", "Employ...

Search / Replace Expressions Question
I am trying to replace spaces with tabs where the format is something like 12.2121 19.2141 12.2121 19.2141 and I can't just search on 5 spaces and replace with tab because there are other occurences of multiple spaces in the document so I need to pattern match. I got this far [0-9] [0-9][0-9].[0-9] but am not sure what to put in replace. I was hoping [0-9]^t[0-9][0-9].[0-9] meaning keep what was there but use tab instead which doesn't work. Pretty sure there was a way to say ok now that you found the pattern, just replace (this) Any help apprec...

Locate link browser #5
I installed Firefox a while ago and then decided to go back to IE. After uninstalling Firefox I get a 'Locate Link Browser' window whenever I open a hyperlink in MS Outlook 2003. I have tried every solution I could find but they all seem temporary! The moment I restart the problem starts again. I'm desperate for help, it is driving me insane! Thanks. fixler fixler <fixler@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > I installed Firefox a while ago and then decided to go back to IE. > After uninstalling Firefox I get a 'Locate Link Browser' window > whenever I open a hyper...

how do i print a halftone text in Excel ?
how do i print a halftone text in Excel ? Am not clear on what you mean. Halftone screening is a property of the printing device, not the program. If you just want lighter (gray) text, format the cells to change the font color. |:>) "namngo" wrote: > how do i print a halftone text in Excel ? ...

Advance Filter can be based on cell Color in Microsoft Excel
In MicroSoft Excel, Advance Filter (Data->Filter->Advance Filter) feature can be enhanced. New feature that we can introduce is to do Advance Filter based on Font/Highlighted Color. e.g. If in excel I have 10 Rows and 3 rows font color is RED and 7 rows font color is GREEN then using Advance Filter option we can apply filter based on Font Color or Highlighted Color. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you ...

copy and paste with offset
Hi I have a worksheet that contains rows of data i filter the blank rows out leaving valid rows of data what i want to do is copy the rows and paste them onto another worksheet in the first blank row blank i know i need to use the offset but is it posable to select a range(A2:AB25) then paste this range onto the other worksheet thanks kevin Hi Kevin, Try something like: '=============>> Sub Tester() Dim WB As Workbook Dim srcSH As Worksheet Dim destSH As Worksheet Dim srcRng As Range Dim destRng As Range Set WB = ActiveWorkbook '...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

Different smtp Server for Different Locations
I have an account that I use both from home and work. Receiving email from these two locations works just fine. Nevertheless, for sending emails I always have to change the smtp server. For instance at work I have to set the smtp server to ms.[companyname].com whereas at home I have to set it to smtp.[ISP].com. Is there a way around this so that I don't always have to change the smtp for sending emails? Thanks Depends on the firewall settings at home/work. Some ISP's don't allow connections to any other SMTP server other then their own. In this case, there isn't much you ca...

Macro Help
I need a macro that will insert a number of rows based on the number of months between a start and end date and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows. The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another workbook What version of Excel are you using? "Katerinia" <Katerinia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:394E5E6B-C761-4D83-87BC-B0A88AA41BAF@microsoft.com... >I need a macro > that will insert a number of rows > based on the...

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

Adding timer to text box
I have a subform where I am calculating time difference between current time and the last update. I have a text box txtTimeDiff with control source =ElapsedTimeString([Last Update],Now()) Is it possible to add timer so this text box and time difference can be updated every second? Here is ElapsedTimeString function Public Function ElapsedTimeString(Date1 As Date, _ Date2 As Date) _ As String Dim interval As Double, str As String, days As Variant Dim hours As String, Minutes As String, seconds As String If IsNull(...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Outlook location information exasperation
Hi Is there any way to stop Outlook asking for my location info when I enter a telephone number? There's no good reason for Outlook to need this info as I don't need to autodial and I don't need the numbers formatting - I just want them how I enter them. If I try to cancel I get a dialogue asking me to confirm I want to cancel. If I do it takes me back to the location info request and so ad infintum. I'm not sure if I'd describe this as a bug or just extremly poor design. Is there any way to zap the location info request for good? I did find a work around. If I use my PDA...

Lock worksheet, based on dropdown selection prior worksheet
Hi, I am creating a workbook, where I have several worksheet that are labeled with the same first 7 characters "ab123 -". The user selects one of these sheets from a dropdown in the first worksheet. I provide a conditionally formatted hyperlink within worksheet A, based on their selection, but for quality control want an additional step that either locks an incorrect selection or presenting a msgbox to re-direct. Can this be done? Thanks Michele What is conditionally formatted hyperlink? How will Excel know if an incorrect selection has been made from the dropdown? Gord Di...

My Headers are Spam Like
I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. I think it's a dns problem because SERVERA.COMPANYB doesn't resolve to anything. Is there any way I can get a .COM into that header? dlw wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages > say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is > SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. > I think it's a...

Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express?
Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express, where they appear underneath the message body? Alternatively, can I "preview" them, rather than having to start up my image editing program just to see them? Thanks. No you can't view them inline. Have you tried changing the default program for opening images to your preview program so that it starts up automatically when you double click on an image attachment? "tasbill" <bill_griffin1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02c501c393c4$d8bc5480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can I view ima...

Send Brochure Electronically like It appear as if in print
I am re-posting this because someone replied to send as an attachment, but that doesn't have it appear as a 3 page panel brochure- does someone know how to do this (see below) I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I...

I need help with macros and check boxes.
I can record a macro to hide or unhide columns or cells but I need to reverse the process when the button toggles to the other position. I need the cells to be hidden until the box is "checked" but hide if it gets unchecked. Marc Hi Marc, Try this: Placed a check box on excel and paste this code below: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("A1").Select 'Active Cell Select If CheckBox1.Value = True Then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Else: CheckBox1.Value = False Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False End If End Sub Hope this helps. "Marc" wrot...

How can I copy the formatted value and paste as a new value(not the original value with formatting)?
Here are the examples about the problem which I am facing. eg1. The original value in the cell: 4/23/04 Formatted cell(DD/MM/YYYY): 23/04/2004 (In this case, the value is still 4/23/04) Expected: the value and the outlook are also "23/04/2004" eg2. The original value in the cell: 4.332 Formatted cell(truncate with 2 digits): 4.33 What I am now going to do is changing the value of cells with new format because a new system of my computer need to extract the value from the excel with specified format. But changing the format in excel doesn't really change the value of the cell. ...