Will 32 bit compiled Add-In run in 64 bit excel 2010?

Our small company uses a very expensive compiled Excel Add-In to evaluate
convertible securities.  The vendor of the add-in has stopped supporting it,
so there will never be a 64-bit version.  I am interested in migrating
quickly to Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 64-bit.  What is the chance that
the 32-bit compiled add-in will work / work well in this situation?
--
CroceJC

It depends -

If the code includes APIs it probably won't work (most APIs will need
adapting)
If the code contains any non built in ActiveX controls it won't work (so it
won't work if it's say a VB6 ComAddin)

If the code contains none of the above it will probably work, other than
anything that needs adapting for the Excel 2010 object model.

Regards,
Peter T

"jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our small company uses a very expensive compiled Excel Add-In to evaluate
> convertible securities.  The vendor of the add-in has stopped supporting
> it,
> so there will never be a 64-bit version.  I am interested in migrating
> quickly to Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 64-bit.  What is the chance
> that
> the 32-bit compiled add-in will work / work well in this situation?
> --
> CroceJC

0
Peter
1/18/2010 3:20:39 PM
Makes sense.  Gives me some hope.

Thank You
--
CroceJC

"Peter T" wrote:

> It depends -
>
> If the code includes APIs it probably won't work (most APIs will need
> adapting)
> If the code contains any non built in ActiveX controls it won't work (so it
> won't work if it's say a VB6 ComAddin)
>
> If the code contains none of the above it will probably work, other than
> anything that needs adapting for the Excel 2010 object model.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>
> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our small company uses a very expensive compiled Excel Add-In to evaluate
> > convertible securities.  The vendor of the add-in has stopped supporting
> > it,
> > so there will never be a 64-bit version.  I am interested in migrating
> > quickly to Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 64-bit.  What is the chance
> > that
> > the 32-bit compiled add-in will work / work well in this situation?
> > --
> > CroceJC
>

> .

mail will not open
when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was an error opening this message.....an error has occurred". This doesn't happen to all messages nor does it happen to all messages from the same sender. "velona" <velona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFA4037-506D-4362-B110-13A9915D825A@microsoft.com... > when trying to open some...not all...emails I get the message "there was > an > error opening this message.....an error has occurred". > This doesn't happen to all messages nor doe...

e-mail #32
since subscribing to AT&T DSL I have not been able to send or receive e-mail. Hi, please check your Account information. POP3 and SMTP! And if there is an authentification to the server! >-----Original Message----- >since subscribing to AT&T DSL I have not been able to send >or receive e-mail. >. > ...

Excel 2007 will not refresh cells
I am currently using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that I want to use to do some analysis of various situations. So here is my problem. I have several columns that have totals at the bottom. I have no problem getting the columns to total initially. However, if I plug in another number in the column, the total stays the same and won't refresh or re-total the column. I don't recall that this was a problem when I worked with Excel 2003. Can someone please tell me how to get the totals to update when I enter some new numbers in the column? Thanks in advance for the...

how do I automatically add incremental numbers to a cell
Hi! I'm a bit thin on information, but have a look at Edit > Fill > Series Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26940 ...

subform will not refresh
I have a subform for jobs to be at list - when I am int the actual form it requeries and shows only the ones checked off - when I go to the mainform with the jobs to be at list as a subform - it does not refresh or requery unless I close and open back up again. I had added a refresh command button with the following code: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefresh when i press the refresh button it refreshes the job list to be at I add this code to the Onload of the Main form - don't want user to have to press refresh button but it doesn't refresh jobs to be at list unless press ...

Want to add code to ThisOutlookSession, but other code already exists
Hi, I want to add the VBA code mentioned in the first part of this link to my Outlook 2003: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=72 The problem that I am running into is that I already have some code in my ThisOutlookSession that I would like to keep and if I just plop this code in before the other code, this new code doesn't work. If I drop the code mentioned in the link above into an empty ThisOutlookSession on another machine, it works fine. I am probably missing some simple step, but do very little with VBA in Outlook and have been unable to find what I am looki...

vc++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU 32 bit OS)
Hi I have a VC++ 6.0 application runs on windows 20003 (64 bit CPU and 32 bit OS), it does not work. The same application runs fine on Windows XP and Windows 2000. When I debug it with VC++ 6.0, the break points and the source code totally messed up. I have a if else statement, the debug goes from inside if goes to else block if (...) { ....................... } else { ............... } Does any one have any idea about this? Thank you for your help There is no content whatsoever in the phrase "does not work". There is always a specific statement as to why something do...

Is Excel causing me system problems?
I have a problem when I open certain spreadsheets that are on a server. My laptop slows to a crawl. I don't think it's an Excel problem, I think it may be more of an Excel configuration problem. I can't find anything in Excel that isn't right. It takes me 20 minutes just to open the file and another user can open it in 2 minutes. What might I look at in the system tools etc that could tell me specifically where my problem is? As in, do I need more memory or something like that. Thanks "Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23Lk99e6OFHA.688@TK...

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Can CRM be installed on a Windows 2003 Server running Sharepoint Services and Sharepoint Protal Server V2.0?
Will the standard install for CRM work on a Windows 2003 Server? Would there be any conflicts if the Windows 2003 server is already running Microsoft Project Server? Would there be any conflicts with Sharepoint Services V 2.0 or Sharepoint Portal Server V2.0? Bill Walter I attempted to run the CRM on 2003 Server, but quickly ran into issues accessing the workspace once installed. CRM 1.0 is not yet compatible with the .Net Framework 1.1 that's on 2003 Server "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Os304M1RDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... &g...

messages will not display on Outlook Express
I cannot get my messages to display the text of the message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try to open a message the message will pop up, but without text. The hourglass icon is displaying, seeming like it's trying to pull the message up but it never comes. Does anyone know what I should do? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot get my messages to display the text of the > message. I can send and receive, but when I actually try > to open a message the message will pop up, but without > text. ...

add fileds to PWA view
Hi, I would like to add the predecessors & successors fileds to a project view in the PWA. It seems that these fileds are not in the list. Is there a way to display them? Thanks, Assaf. Hi Assaf, That’s funny, I have never realized. But there is a view where at least successor is included. You could copy that one and modify as required. Sorry, I can’t tell you the name of this view because I have currently no English system available. You could also create two new fields on task level with a formula for successor and predecessor. These fields can be used in projec...

Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3
Hi, I have a macro which was created for use with Excel 2000 SR1 (on Windows 2000). We have migrated to new hardware, still using Windows 2000, but now have Excel 2000 SP3 and our macro just hangs. The security was set to medium and even if I turn it to low the macro stuill hangs. I'd love to hear any ideas as to how to fix this or where we are going wrong. Thanks. N We'd need to see the code to be able to help with a solution. There's a few things that could go wrong, but we can't guess. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "NB&quo...

CombBox to SEARCH and ADD records.
Greetings, To clear up my previous post (much confusement in them!) I have a form where all navigation buttons have been created manually (hidden navigation bar). I want a combo box to allow user to both SEARCH and ADD new values. I can SEARCH with a combo box after using the button wizard (search records option) but cannot change its properties to add new values to the list. Can this be done with form/vba code? Thanks Rob Rob W wrote: > Greetings, > > To clear up my previous post (much confusement in them!) I have a > form where all navigation buttons have been created m...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

Please help an Excel Newbie!
I am trying to use Excel to make a simple time tracker. This is th basic set up of my page: Cells A4-R4 contain # of hours worked per day, say 5:30 (Time) in eac cell. Cell A2 is a running total of A4-R4. This formula I have already done =SUM(A4:R4) Cell A3 is the % of a total # of hours available that A2 is. Fo example; A2 is 40 and the total available # of hours is 100 (which i A1) then A3 would be 40%. What would be the formula used to show the percentage of A1 that A2 i if A1 is a number such as 100 and A2 is in time format? When I forma A2 to time my % gets screwed up each time I t...

My Money Side will not stop
I read the FAQ for Money 2002 and it stated A) Click Help in MoneySide, then Settings. Under "Open MoneySide" select "Never" and then "Done." I select "Never" but there is no "Done" I can find and My Money leaves for this time only to return again. Is there any way to kill money from running in the background. It is not running in MSCONFIG on my XP sp2 system that I can find. Thanks Don I wish I had a way to test this here to tell you how to do it and validate the FAQ. Hopefully somebody who can still test on M02 will join the thread....

Converting word tables to excel
I have a document that describes a new piece of software. The cost for each feature is described in a word table. I would like to extract these tables (with a makro?) into an excel sheet automatically. Any ideas anybody? Eckard ...

How to Add Custom Attribute to N to N Relational Entity
Hi, we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n to n relation. ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and inquiry_contact automatically so How to Add Custom Attribute to inquiry_account and inquiry_contact Also, I need to update this custom attribute record when contact or account accept to inquiry On Jun 26, 12:43=A0am, MehmetCelik <mceli...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n > to n relation. > ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and > inquiry_cont...

who compiles MFC source code and generates a new mfc42.dll successfully?
if anyone succeed, tell me how to do it, please. thanks a lot! Why? joe On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:39:43 +0800, "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> wrote: >if anyone succeed, tell me how to do it, please. > >thanks a lot! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Joseph M. Newcomer <newcomer@flounder.com> bored us with: > Why? Well, one reason is that sometimes a shop likes to tailor the UI controls and an easy way to do this is modify MFC and then give i...

Local storage of Templates
All my templates for Office 2003 are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\{my user name}\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates which is part of my roving profile on our company system. I am only allowed 30Mb total profile space. Can I move the templates to another location, outside of my profile area, and still access them? Earlier versions of Office allowed you to specify a separate Template location but I can't find this in 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi, You can put templates anywhere you want. To open them you much then do File, New and navigate to the place you choose. You c...

Player will analyze and prepare music to burn but will not burn.
I recently updated to Version 11 and now my WM Player will Analyze and Prepare each song that is in the burn cue but as it initiates the transfer of the music to the disc, it generates a problem. As it starts the first song, it shows the message "finalizing disc" next to the first song. Then the burn ceases and the message " Windows Media Player can not burn files to the CD. Verify that the disc is clean and not damaged. If necessary, select a slower recording speed or try a different brand of blank discs." I tried two brands and tried several new clean d...

Want to upload a password protected excel document to the web
I want to upload a protected excel down on the web. however once on the web the persons can modify the document - how can I prevent that. ...

How do I combine multiple pub files and add page numbers?
What version Publisher? There is a utility Ed Bennett developed for Publisher 2007 that will combine Publisher documents. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools Once you have combined the documents, Insert, page numbers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jlehr" <jlehr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0688C65F-50E5-445D-8295-00B12DCB3A55@microsoft.com... > ...