When this NG migrates to forums, please consider ...

Many of the questions in this NG fit into the following template:

My [boss/teacher] gave me this problem that would be really easy to solve if
I had a clue about VBA programming but I don't.  Would someone please send
me a solution?

This makes it difficult for people working at a higher level to cope with
this NG.  Also, since from my point of view it is much harder to monitor
posts in the MS forum format (I know there's supposed to be some translator
to NG format), my suggestion is to split this NG into
excel.programming.beginner and excel.programming.advanced forums.

I may sound like a grouchy developer who has been working at the trade for
about 40 years and it's because that is who I am.  The NG format has served
me very well during most of that time and I regret to see it disappearing in
many places.

HM

0
Henry

Data and Chart on same page. How to refreh please.
Hello from Steved I have a chart on the same page as my data. I've put the refresh button onto my tool bar but it is greyed out. My Data range is D4:H16 This data changes each month. Ok Question please, when I update the D4:H16 range how do I get the Chart to update to the change. Thankyou. ...

Need help with string value please
Oh Wise Ones, I'm trying to return the most recent pallet weight from the database, but I need to add another filter to my first 3 AND filters. The first 3 AND filters are analog values, but the last one I'm trying to add is a string value. I'm working with what tiny bit of SQL that I understand, so bear with me please. This statement works: SELECT * FROM OpenQuery (InSQL, ' SELECT datetime, Pallet_Weight_Display FROM Runtime.dbo.AnalogWideHistory WHERE datetime=GETDATE() AND Frontend_Speed>395 AND S1TGT>=285 AND S1TGT<=305 ...

Post migration issue
A couple of months after swinging SBS2003 server to 2008 when I run the Exchange BPA I noticed that it still tries to communicate with the old migration PC. How can this be fixed? The Computer object doesn't exist in the AD any more. Also there are no DNS records referencing it. The migration PC is long gone so I can't use it to remove the routing group which apparently it was a master of. yaro Yaro: Suggest you contact www.sbsmigration.com for the answer to this question, as it is impossible to tell from here what you did or did not do, or what you might have missed for...

migration VC6 studio 2008
Bonjour, ma question est dans l'obet. Y a t il des pr�cautions particulieres en passant de visual C++ 6.0 (un peu ancien mais encore assez l�ger) vers visual studio 2008. Y a t il un interet pour moi de migrer, sachant que je travaille plutot en C++. Je fais aussi du PHP, je crois que l'�diteur VS 2008 permet de le g�rer, mais je ne sais pas s'il g�re les classes, le debugger, pour faire r�ellement du d�veloppement et non pas uniquement du codage. Merci de vos opinions Jeff On May 2, 5:02 am, "J-F Portala" <jfport...@free.fr> wrote: > Bonjour, > &...

Public Folder Migration #3
Is there any way to migrate PF data from one Exchange Organization to another? We have just purchased a company and need to move their PF's to our Exchange Org. ExMerge works well for user mailboxes, but what do we do about PF data? Hi You will need to use the InterOrg Replication utility, here is some information: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238573 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "bricep" <bricep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4407720-8199-4620-9171...

Off the NG for a while
Between a week of teaching and some vacation, I probably won't be back on the newsgroup until at least 22-Aug, perhaps a bit later. I make it a policy to stay off the Internet while traveling. And I *never* consider the possibility of using a computer on vacation, except for vacation things (burning the day's photos onto a CD, for example, plotting routes for the GPS, or writing our daily trip log). See you all in a couple weeks. joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm Hi Joe! Have n...

Outlook 2000 will not open--Please help!!
My Outlook 2000 will not open, the Outlook logo comes up and then it stops responding. I have ran (Detect and Repair)and uninstalled and reinstalled and updated the program, it still hangs. I have been using it for years and haven't install any new software. Hope you find help - I seem to be having the same type problem. I have uninstalled Outlook and even all of Office 2000 and re-installed all - Outlook still won't run. I do get "Outlook.exe has generated and error and will be shut down" It has only shown the logo before it tells me this. My whole life is in ther...

Exporting Data
The user is trying to export some data from Access to Excel. The user is having a problem with the 'query' field on the database a when the data is copied out of the database spaces appear in the tex and some text get truncated. I have tried to copy everything out of the database from the tabl which did the same thing. I have also checked the properties of the field and it is of typ "memo" which I have investigated and there doesn't seem to me any restrictions on the siz (ie 255 characters -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Migration from SBS2003
Hi, I have recently performed a migration from SBS2003 to 2008 using the MS migration doc.. The doc is pretty straight forward however the migration unfortunately was not: * Ran through all the preparation procedures, successfully. * Created an answer file and stuck it on a usb key. * Installed SBS with the usb key inserted. * It then took the next 2hrs to install and reboot half a dozen time, not requiring any interaction. It then got to a point where it rebooted automatically loged on as admin and came back with an error message saying "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has...

Migration of exchange 5.5 to 2K3 with a win2K AD...
Hey all, We're going to migrate our server 5.5 server to 2k3. Our situation: NT4 with Ex 5.5 A couple of Win2k servers Now it seems we already have Advanced Directory on the Win2k server that communicates with the domain user manager on the NT4. How should I proceed? Because the tutorials I find migrate directly from the NT4 machine, will our win2k AD still work? You don't have to go in detail, I I get a lead, I'll find things on my own ;-) (and if Idon't, I'll ask them here :)) Thanks, C_S Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=migrat...

Mailbox Migration
We are migrating from a Mixed Exchange 5.5/2000 enviornment to Exchange 2003. Win2K Server Native Mode SP4. Only the 5.5 SP4 Servers are going to be migrated. Currently the 2 5.5 servers are in diffrent Exchange Sites. We want to migrate them to a new Administrative Group in Exch 2003. I will be getting a new server to Load E03 on. Can I just create a new site on the New E03 server in the same Orginization that the 5.5. servers are in and transfer the mailboxes to the new 03Server using the 03 Move mailbox tool? ...

new ng
Hi all Does anyone know the news server details for the microsoft ng's? At the mo I've only got tiscali news and it's not as big as MS. For instance I used to subscribe to "microsoft.windowsxp.help_and_support" But I can't access that group on the tiscali server. -- Regards p.mc msnews.microsoft.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "p.mc" <p@mc.com> wrote in message news:4677ea5d_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com....

Migration Wizard
Help! I get "Windows SBS 2008 Migration Wizard has stopped working" Problem details are Description: Stopped working Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: migrationwizard.exe When trying to run Mig Wizard on new SBS2008 Server from 2003. Everything else looks OK - email flow, mailboxes, etc. Other tasks in SBS Console run OK. Not sure what is in the Mig Wiz so just want make sure I do everything required! Any ideas much appreciated Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. If you are using the built-in Administrator accou...

Econnect 9.0 Learning Need please
Hello evrey one Im plaing to learning econnect 9.0 to creating alink between Any program and Graet Plains Pleas if any one tell me what the best resources (web site,document...ect) to learn econnect. Many thanks Monzer One place to start is the eConnect SDK documentation. The documentation for eConnect was signficantly updated for the Service Pack 2 release of Dynamics GP. You'll want to be sure you have the latest version. That documentation is also available in the MSDN library. Use the following link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb219081.aspx Steve -- This post...

Migration Problem
I'm in the process of moving from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. I've completed moving all mailboxes, public folders and system folders and now want to remove the old 5.5 server. I'm following article 822450, however when I shutdown the 5.5 services and attempt to delete the 5.5 server and I get the following error; The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID No: c1010aae During my migration I did make the mistake of removing the Everyone group from the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group. I'...

Need macro
I have an Excel spreadsheet that is emailed to me each day. I have to make the same changes every time before I print. I am trying to consolidate these steps into a macro but can't seem to get it to work. I shrink the column widths for all columns (the largest of which is about 20 pixels wide). I do this so that when the spreadsheet prints on one page the type is not so small you I can't read it. Then I change the page setup to landscape, legal, and fit 1o 1 page. Is it even possible to make a macro to do this? Record a macro while you do it all manually. The...

Migratation Access 97 to Access 2003
Hello, I am planning to migrate Access 97 to Access 2003, we have around 20 live applications with forms, reports and macros, I am scare right now due to enough knowledge, I read many article at Microsoft but I didnt get right way to migrate. If any one guide me how to accomplish my project and what types of problem I will face during migration. Any links and info. about it I really appriciate for helping me. Thanks in advance You may want to consider doing a 'trial run,' by setting up a machine ad hoc and installing access 2003 on it. YOu can then bring over your database...

Problems migrating users from E2K to E2K03
Having problems when I try to move a mailbox over to Exchange 2003 server from a Exchange 2000 SP3 everything seems to go fine other than the fact that now when sending e-mail I receive "The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address." I have no problems when I create a mailbox for a user on the E2k03 box, but when it comes up to moving a maibox it does not seem to go as smooth. Stumped Al Hi Al, It sounds like some of the attributes for the user...

great ng
this newsgroup is great! as a novice to win32 programming, i was able to get some hard (for me!) problems solved amazingly quickly. well they all turned out to be simple errors on my part but i never would have figured it out. thanks to all the great mvp's and others here! i thought it was going to be the blind leading the blind but that turned out to be anti-MS bias on my part. Well, I still hate Windows! :-) > this newsgroup is great! as a novice to win32 programming, i was able > to get some hard (for me!) problems solved amazingly quickly. well > they all turned out to ...

Black berry and inter-forest exchange server migration
1) I was wondering what needs to be done when I am doing inter-forest exchange server migration due to merger. Exchange server accounts from 2000 exchange server in source domain will be migrated to an 2003 exchange server (new hardware and will be joined to target domain). This server will be on a separate administrative group on the target domain. How this situation effects blackberry users? 2) we have third party CA installed on our exchange server for OWA . Do we need to uninstalled CA from the source exchange server before migration and can that CA be transferable to new excha...

MFC to managed C++ migration.
I want to port my MFC (VC++6) application to manage VC ++. 7 I want to do this because some things are much better done with C#. So i could write a C# class and use in my VC++ code as Languague interoperability is one of the main features of the .Net framework. I know my application would have to obey to the CTS (common type specification) but my main concerns are the MFC stuff! I do not really know which options you have with windows forms. Can they do what MFC can do? How about functions pointers. How does managed C++ deal with this? Maybe this is not the right place to post this, but any u...

Migration to Ex

NG R.I.P.
I'm afraid that this NG seems to be terminally ill. Apart from all the unwanted posts it is regularly deleting messages only for them to turn up again later. You would have thought that a MS 'Flagship' product would warrant it's own, working newsgroup, but alas, it does not seem to be the case. I think that we should all bow our heads in quiet contemplation of it's imminent demise.....or maybe take a look at SalesLogix......what will Gary, John & Sebastiano do without it? Peter (In Black) ...

Data migration from MSDN Subscriber License to Production License
Hi everyone, Does Microsoft have a tool to migrate data from testing MSDN Subscriber license to Production? I set up a test server with 5 Suite Pro license with OU as MSDN Subscriber. We input a lots of data in it. Since the MSDN license could not be extended. We need more user access to the system. We applied new license (5 suite standard, free from Partnership and 5 additional if the migration works) under our company name. 1. I tried to reinstall the CRM that connect to existing database on the testing server by following the uninstall procedure on implementation guide. It does not change...

Please help with setting up Resource ie "Conference Room" in Exchange 2003
Hello all, I'm trying to figure out how to set up a resource like "conference room" in exchange 2003. From what I read, I need to create a new mailbox called 'Conference Room'. I log into a machine with Outlook 2000, set the Resource Scheduling options in Tools | Options | Calendar Options, set all the correct options. I log into a user account, opened up OWA or Outlook 2000, set up a new appointment with 2 different users, added 'Conference Room' as a resouce and everything is good. Now I log in with another account trying to set up antoher meeting using the...