vba format question

cells(1).value = 3
With code I would like to convert this value into 03 for use elsewhere
ie:show single digit numbers as 2 digit in a message box
I've tried variations of the code below but no joy so far

dim txt as string
txt = format(cells(1).value, "00")
msgbox txt

This code seems to work for me with the sheet with A1 holding 3 in it
currently active:

  Dim myText As String
  myText = Format(ActiveSheet.Cells(1), "00")
  MsgBox myText

"David" wrote:

> cells(1).value = 3
> With code I would like to convert this value into 03 for use elsewhere
> ie:show single digit numbers as 2 digit in a message box
> I've tried variations of the code below but no joy so far
>
> dim txt as string
> txt = format(cells(1).value, "00")
> msgbox txt
Thanks J

This is a weird one
Original code worked ok on my home machine
Today works OK on the original machine
When I first posted the problem I was getting a single chr "3" in msgbox
Tried & failed to reproduce the problem today by reformatting cells(1)
Maybe a bug?
Thanks anyway

"JLatham" wrote:

> This code seems to work for me with the sheet with A1 holding 3 in it
> currently active:
>
>   Dim myText As String
>   myText = Format(ActiveSheet.Cells(1), "00")
>   MsgBox myText
>

> "David" wrote:
>
> > cells(1).value = 3
> > With code I would like to convert this value into 03 for use elsewhere
> > ie:show single digit numbers as 2 digit in a message box
> > I've tried variations of the code below but no joy so far
> >
> > dim txt as string
> > txt = format(cells(1).value, "00")
> > msgbox txt

Conditional Formatting Need
Please Help, I really tried on my own. Column A and Column B If the cell value in column A1 is <6 format should be Blank If it is 6.0-6.99 then it will look to B1 for more info If it is 7-0-7.99 then it will look to B1 for more info And if it is 8 or greater it will look to B1 for more info If A1�s value is 6 or greater it is possible it will still remai blank, but now it will look to B1 for that value, to determine wha should happen with A1 If B1 is greater than 2.99 then A1 will remain blank and also B1 wil be blank If B1 is between 2.0 and 2.99 and A1 is between 6 and 7.99 the forma...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

wav file format
Hello, I am trying to write a *.wav file. I read about its format and now I can write a *.wav file but when I am trying to play it with Media player, it reports that the file is corrupted which I think means that there is a problem on the file format but I couldn't find what is it. Is there any application that could read a wav file and report if there is any problem in its format? Is there any code that helps me to find what I can use to write a wav file? Any help is very appreciated. Best regards Have you seen www.wotsit.org? "ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote i...

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

Simple question on Cursor
Hello, I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button. In my OnClick event, I have this code void Button::OnClick() { hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT); .... hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW); } Can someone explain to me on how to get this working? Thank-you Hello Try using BeginWaitCursor() then later EndWaitCursor() Regards, Elias "dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:eoJxEphcDHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello,...

POS Receipt format change
I would like to have the "Sales Receipt" read "Sales Invoice" or "Invoice". Also I would like to have "Transaction #" replaced with "Invoice #". Can anyone help me with this? I have been able to edit the "Sales Receipt" portion in an xml editor but have not been able to change the "Transaction #" as there must be some other coding that needs to change. Thank you in advance. Robert Hi Robert, you can find the SUB: PrintTransactionType and then locate the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceNumberCaption reference field. this...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VLOOKUP in VBA

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

vba select field

Number Format #10
Hello I've got a large spreadsheet which was imported. Apart from the first 2 columns, the rows consist of number which I need to filter, but this isn't working. Then I noticed an apostrophe before each number in every cell, which doesn't show in the cell but up in the formula/text bar. I've set all the columns to numbers but the apostrophe won't go away. Please can someone tell me how I can without having to go into each cell as there are hundreds. Thank you J Select all the columns with these "numbers" in them, then right click the tab at the bottom of t...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Formatting Worksheet Rows
Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - then when adding a row in the middle of the document it would reset the all rows following to reset to every other row being white and every other row shaded > Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - > then when adding a row in the middle of the document it > would reset the all rows following to reset to every other > row being white and every other row shaded If I understand the requirement correctly, one way would be to use Format >> Conditional formatting with the formula condition =MOD(...

THE BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL
After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as: --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix. --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly. --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking... The big question is: If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there solutions? Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay with the assumption that the...

Access 2003 Form Question
I have an access database that I am using for site surveys. In a nutshell, there is a header table with a date and location as the keys and a detail section with the survey results. The detail section shows a series of 30 or so questions(from a questions table) on how the site was rated. I am trying to design a form that populates a yes/no/not available type response in the detail section. The user would either click on a yes/no/NA type box or have a drop down and select the value(whichever is easiest) next to the box. After the user answers the 30 or so questions, an answers table...

Conditional Formatting #65
I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when the date is now one year later. Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 and today's date is in cell F2 with the formula [TODAY()]. If cell A4 is one year in the past I'd like the font to change so I'll know that date is older than one year from today's date. Thanks for any help! Trish On Apr 10, 9:43=A0am, Trish <trish....@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a date cell that I need to apply conditional formatting to when > the date is now one year later. > > Example: A4 contains the date 1/1/2007 ...

Built-in Number Format "#,##0_);(#,##0)"
I want to display my negative numbers in parentheses and should be able to use one of the built-in number formats. I select (Format > Cells)(Number tab) and in the category listbox, select "Number". The last two items in the Negative numbers listbox do not have parentheses. The built-in number format that should contain parentheses, "#,##0_);(#,##0)" has actually changed to "#,##0_);(#,##0)" Has anyone seen this before ? I could create a custom number format but this should be built-in. Hi James! You'll get the last two number options to include ()...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Multiple Formula Custom Formatting
I was recently challenged to create a formula that displays two values separated by a slash in the same cell. For example A1=40 and B2= 10. C3 displays [30 / .75]. The difference between the two, and what should be the percentage. The formula I put together is =(A1-B2)&" / "&((A1-B2)/A1). The formula works but I can not get the second value to format as a %, it only displays as a decimal. Does anyone know how I can make the second value display as a percentage without messing up the formatting of the first value? Any advice would be much appreciated. ...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...