VBA Editor Menu

The VBA editor menubar is gone.  I don't know what I did or how I did it but
how do I get it back?

Did you try View>Toolbars>Edit

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Mike H." wrote:

> The VBA editor menubar is gone.  I don't know what I did or how I did it but
> how do I get it back?
Mike,

I never saw this in E2003 but since moving to E2007 I see it occasionally
and have never found a fix other than to close and then re-open the VB editor
which restores the File|Edit etc.
--
Mike

question.

"Mike H." wrote:

> The VBA editor menubar is gone.  I don't know what I did or how I did it but
> how do I get it back?
Closing and reopening worked.  That is my #1 rule for fixing anything but I
didn't try it--I panicked!  It worked.

"Mike H" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I never saw this in E2003 but since moving to E2007 I see it occasionally
> and have never found a fix other than to close and then re-open the VB editor
> which restores the File|Edit etc.
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mike H." wrote:
>
> > The VBA editor menubar is gone.  I don't know what I did or how I did it but
> > how do I get it back?
The below registry entry which hold the settings will get reset/recreated
when you restore your settings/reinitiate the application

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VBA\Office

"Mike H" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I never saw this in E2003 but since moving to E2007 I see it occasionally
> and have never found a fix other than to close and then re-open the VB editor
> which restores the File|Edit etc.
> --
> Mike

> question.
>

> "Mike H." wrote:
>
> > The VBA editor menubar is gone.  I don't know what I did or how I did it but
> > how do I get it back?

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

VLOOKUP in VBA

vba select field

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...

Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field
I am using Access 2000. I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox). Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without the user's intervention? "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E128AC11-3153-4A50-9873-F3BFACAC91B1@microsoft.com... >I am using Access 2000. > > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in > that > field, you can toggle Off and ON th...

Auto Calendars in VBA
Need to create a monthly schedule for work.To enter the dates (Numbers) into every other cell this is what I have so far Activecell.Select Activecell.Offset(0,2)=Activecell+1 I'm wondering is there an easier way to do this.Right now I have one module for the Year 2006 with sub's for each month.These will get called when form dropdown list show's that month. if frmMonth.cboMonth.Value="January" & frmMonth.cboYear.value="2006" then Call Year2006.Jan06 end if Is there an easier way to determine the today's date then creating Next month's c...

vba
salut j'ai une probleme sur vba que je n'arrive pas resoudre : j'ai un tableau de donnees (qui sont rentrees avec des userform). pour supprimer une ligne de ce tableau, j'ai cree un userform avec une liste deroulante dont la rowsource est la premiere colonne de mon tableau. je voudrais , en selectionnant une valeur ds cette liste, qu'elle soit selectionnee ds mon classeur excel pour que je puisse supprimer la ligne. merci de votre aide -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr ...

popup menu puzzle
Hi, I have popup menu with bitmaps only, but when opened images not visible until mouse is moved over. What kind of message I could send to that menu to have it painted correctly automatically? thanks "biorn" <bb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eZhhE9dqGHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have popup menu with bitmaps only, but when opened > images not visible until mouse is moved over. What kind of message I could > send to that menu to have it painted correctly automatically? You dont have to send any message to the menu to do this. Assuming you are o...

Problem while using Word as Outlook-mail-editor
I am using Outlook in windows-xp platfarm. Also I have selected WORD as the mail editor. It was working well. Now, if I open new-mail, word is not responding and it just hangs. I have to press ctrl-alt-del to come out from outlook. If I disable 'word' as editor, I can able to prepare new mails,can make reply & forward etc. kindly suggest a solution regards Selvaraj What version of Office are we talking about here? Does Word work without issues on its own? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Cr...

VBA Training
Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to learn VBA from the ground up? Something that would take a person from a beginner to mid-level or beyond? Just wondering what others have done to become proficient. Rick Hi Rick, I bought a book for Excel 2000 that is loaded with all kinds of useful stuff. The book is called Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA, by John Walkenbach. It includes a CD. Over 800 pages, a big book. Donna "Rick" wrote: > Are there any good books out there that would assist someone who wants to > learn VBA from the ...

VBA #6
When opening Excel or attempting to export from MS Great Plains to Excel, I receive the following: "Could not run the Visual Basic Environment. Please run Setup." "An error occurred initializing the VBA libraries (1157)" I have run setup for errors and tried re-installing Office XP Prof. w/o success! Any suggestions? Thanx. You might try Detect and Repair on the Excel Help menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "dcs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2701c47e33$4f1785b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... | When opening Excel or attempting to expor...