VBA Code for Pasting Sheets

I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another
sheet.  I like like to do this for 7 different sheets

For example:

I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet
titled "data1".  Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and
"sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7".

thanks,

Curt

Subject: Automated Copy Paste

Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code

On Apr 27, 10:49=A0am, Curt <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into ano=
ther
> sheet. =A0I like like to do this for 7 different sheets
>
> For example:
>
> I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet
> titled "data1". =A0Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" =
and
> "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7".
>
> thanks,
>
> Curt
>
> Subject: Automated Copy Paste
>
> Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code

there are numerous ways to doing it depending on your needs
are you coping the entire sheet or just certain rows/columns?
do the data sheets already exist? have contents? replace or append?
0
Jef
4/27/2010 3:08:41 PM
I will be pasting the entire sheet.  When I do this procedure manually, I
copy the entire sheet and use the standard Copy and Paste quick keys.  I
assume this means "all contents" but all I really need are the values and any
charts.
Currently, I have a template that contains sheets1 through sheet7.  This
template has regular (non VBA) formulas that refrences these sheets.

The sheets Data1 through Data7 sheets will already exist in the template.
They will already be in the template because I will be using "move or copy"
to move these sheets from a separate file into the template before running
this marco.

Hope this helps.  Thanks for responding!

"Jef Gorbach" wrote:

> On Apr 27, 10:49 am, Curt <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another
> > sheet.  I like like to do this for 7 different sheets
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet
> > titled "data1".  Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and
> > "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7".
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Curt
> >
> > Subject: Automated Copy Paste
> >
> > Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code
>
> there are numerous ways to doing it depending on your needs
> are you coping the entire sheet or just certain rows/columns?
> do the data sheets already exist? have contents? replace or append?
> .

Payout reason codes
Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are stored? thanks, Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout "Jason" wrote: > Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are > stored? > > thanks, Thanks. What I meant (and asked poorly) was if I wanted to design a custom report to show that info where would I need to look? Thanks, "Wendy_I" wrote: > Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout > > > > "Jason" wrote: > > > Can someo...

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Sort several workbooks using code
I am looking to run code that will sort several workbooks even when they are closed. The code would be executed via a master workbook which will also be sorted. Is this possible? I'm not aware of sorting records in a CLOSED workbook, but what you can do is this. Create some button on the master workbook and let it open the other workbook, sort the other workbook and close the other workbook. Accompanied with Application.ScreenUpdating (but also depending on the amount of records) you will hardly notice the sorting actions. Does this help ? -- Regards; Mark ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

copy,paste and loop through workbook
I am looking for a macro,Match sheet2 name value from sheet1! a:a list,copy those matching row values(sheet1!B:f) and paste them to relevant sheet's last empty row(sheet2! a(row#):e(row#)),thus loop through every sheet from sheet2 to end sheet of workbook. ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

How get rid of reveal codes?
How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do I get rid of them?? Try:- ALT + F9 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Christa" wrote: > How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do > I get rid of them?? Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christa" <Christa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Down loading XL sheet data into the Notepad
Hi, Please see the following scenario. I have an Excel sheet in which there are few columns say 10 such as Sl. no, name, Address, Date of Birth and so on. Now that I want to extract only 2 column from the sheet say, name and Date of Birth only to the Notead by clicking a button on the Excel sheet. Is is possible by means of a macro? Can anyone explain how can I achieve this? Thank you, Siva. -- ssamband ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ssamband's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25497 View this thread: ht...

Manipulating Text between sheets, in a workbook
What I am trying to do is set up a cell where I can type in a name, and then have that name collect under an appropriate field on another worksheet. Then when I type in a different name, into the same cell, it collects that name UNDER the first name on the other worksheet. Would require event code behind the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _ .Offs...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

my paste special function won't let me copy formulas
I am using Excel 2007 and I can't seem to copy and paste formulas from one workbook to another. Instead I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to use paste or paste link and to chose from a list of formats. Does anyone know if there is something that I can change in Excel to fix this problem? It sounds like you have the workbooks open in separate instances of excel. Close one of the workbooks (and its instance of excel) and then back to the first workbook/excel. Hit ctrl-o and open your second workbook and try the copy|paste. squintana wrote: > > I am using E...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

paste from clipboard issue
Hello guys, I am encountering a really strange issue with standard paste in excel. Here is what I do and the strange behavior I observe: - I copy from excel a single line containing some blanks inside - I open notepad and paste the line into it - Then I copy the just pasted line from notepad and paste it into excel - Magic, the blanks disapeared. This is absolutely not what was expected, where is the setting to force exel take into account the blank fields when pasting from the clipboard. Thanks for your help. Hi Pierre I just tried it and it copied bach perfectly! Peter "Pierre...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...