Using VBA to create PDF - setting paper size

I am successfully using Ron de Bruin's Create and mail PDF files with Excel
2007.  Here is the relevant snippet from his function:

        Myvar.ExportAsFixedFormat _
                Type:=xlTypePDF, _
                FileName:=Fname, _
                Quality:=xlQualityMinimum, _
                IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
                IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
                OpenAfterPublish:=OpenPDFAfterPublish

My questions is, where can I learn more of the above settings?
Specifically, I would like to set the paper size to Legal.  It's defaulting
to Letter.  But I would also like to know where I can learn all the
parameters I can set this way for future reference.

Thanks!

Keith

Hi Keith

This are all the settings as far as I know and what you can find in the Help.
The product is not perfect yet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Keithlo" <Keithlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CFCF8F1-82AF-4126-97A2-B8F4CFA15905@microsoft.com...
> I am successfully using Ron de Bruin's Create and mail PDF files with Excel
> 2007.  Here is the relevant snippet from his function:
>
>        Myvar.ExportAsFixedFormat _
>                Type:=xlTypePDF, _
>                FileName:=Fname, _
>                Quality:=xlQualityMinimum, _
>                IncludeDocProperties:=True, _
>                IgnorePrintAreas:=False, _
>                OpenAfterPublish:=OpenPDFAfterPublish
>
> My questions is, where can I learn more of the above settings?
> Specifically, I would like to set the paper size to Legal.  It's defaulting
> to Letter.  But I would also like to know where I can learn all the
> parameters I can set this way for future reference.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Keith
0
Ron
4/20/2010 8:24:29 PM
Keith,

in a funny way, I'm trying to create a PDF in letter, but mine's defaulting
to A4. I'm wondering if it is a setting of the system.

Hope this's some clue. I'll keep trying to change.

Best,

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Creating a link to open an application...
We have an Access 2000 application that we wna to have automatically generate emails to users. In the body of this email, it would be nice if we could provide a link the user can click on which would then open up the Access application (the user may or may not have the application open at the time), and possibly bring up the record in question they want to be viewing ( a cust service job#). The email notifies the user there is a customer service related issue they need to look into. Each cust service issue is assigned a number, so if we could somehow pass the job# to the Access app from the ...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Why can't I re-import a registry file created by RegSaveKey(...) under Win 9x?
Hello: I was trying to save a registry key to a file say, "mykey" with help of RegSaveKey(...) [not RegSaveKeyEx(...)]. The file can be re-imported with "Regedit" under WinXP if it is produced under Win XP. But for the same program running under Win 98/95, the files created under these OSs cannot be re-imported. These files cannot be re-imported under WinXP. Can anyone tell me why? The exerpted code is listed below: .... char szSubKey[_MAX_FNAME]; char FileName[_MAX_FNAME]; long rc = 0; HKEY hKey; sprintf(szSubKey, "Software\Mykey"); sprintf(FileName,...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

how do you Create flashing Text
I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to flash or blink. How do I do this? Ask this here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&cat=en_US_1845e149-582a-4e62-8d76-f1c90f948f44&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lukieguy22" <lukieguy22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E40D83D-8E98-40A7-ABE1-94307073C79E@microsoft.com... >I am creating a newsletter and want one of the titles in the newsletter to > flash ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Help creating an activity
I'm trying to create a Phone Call activity, but I'm just getting message from the server saying 'SOAP Server Application Faulted'. Here's some sample code (ignore the word wrap)... note that I'm not actually setting the strings manually as shown - they are being generated programmatically - I'm just showing what they actually amount to when the problem occurs. The credentials shouldn't be a problem - I'm using impersonation, and the call to oBizUser.WhoAmI() works fine... ----------- BizUser oBizUser = new BizUser(); oBizUser.Url = "http://lo...

What do you use Excel for?