Using SumProduct function in VBA

I'd appreciate some help in using the sumproduct function. I have a set of
numbers in cells a1 through to j1, then a table of numbers starting in cell
a3 and going across and down to cell j100. In cell k3, I need to put the
function =SUMPRODUCT(A$1:J$1,A3:J3) then copy this down the column. I'd like
to put it into a for/next loop as the start and end row will vary. I'd also
like column k to show values rather than contain formulas.

Thanks for any help.

Colin

0
Colin

Hi,

Try this :

'---------------------------------------
Sub Formula()
Dim LastRow As Long
With Worksheets("Sheet1") 'Adapt sheet name
    lastrow = .Range("A:J").Find(What:="*", _
                   LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
                SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
         SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    With .Range("K3:K" & lastrow)
        .Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(" & .Parent.Name & _
                "!A$1:J$1," & .Parent.Name & _
                            "!A3:J" & .Row & ")"
        .Value = .Value
    End With

End With
End Sub
'---------------------------------------

"Colin Macleod" <colin_macleod22@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : A0204ACB-9DD0-439E-AADE-E4C8B5A787F6@microsoft.com...
I'd appreciate some help in using the sumproduct function. I have a set of
numbers in cells a1 through to j1, then a table of numbers starting in cell
a3 and going across and down to cell j100. In cell k3, I need to put the
function =SUMPRODUCT(A$1:J$1,A3:J3) then copy this down the column. I'd like
to put it into a for/next loop as the start and end row will vary. I'd also
like column k to show values rather than contain formulas.

Thanks for any help.

Colin

0
michdenis

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'overloaded-function' to 'LPHANDLER_FUNCTION'
I wrote a VC program for service...In VC 6 it working fine...But In Visual Studio 2005 it got errorrs... My code is give below.... void CRRMService::ServiceMain() { int error; //MEMORYSTATUS memory; int result; ServiceStatus.dwServiceType = SERVICE_WIN32; ServiceStatus.dwCurrentState = SERVICE_START_PENDING; ServiceStatus.dwControlsAccepted = SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP | SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN; ServiceStatus.dwWin32ExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwServiceSpecificExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwCheckPoint = 0; ServiceStatus.dwWaitHint ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

Sub/Function Arguments
I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am wondering if it is possible to provide options for Sub/Function arguments just as VB does for intrisic methods, so that when a user is typing out the method call, a drop down box appears for each argument showing available options? Thanks In Advance "MPM1100" <MPM1100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D8FD83-9227-4C7F-B717-0C0E29E6CECA@microsoft.com... >I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am > wondering if it is possible to provide options ...

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...