Using c# object in Excel VBA

Hi All
I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
thx for help
Michael

I'm kind of stabbing the dark on this one as I've never worked with a C#
object.  But have you tried:
   msgbox user.propertyname
which would print the value of the propertyname you provide in a message box
on screen.  Just put that line right after your Set user = CreateObject(....)
statement and give it a go.

I say that I'm stabbing at it, because that's the way you'd reference a
property in a typical object as:
Set myRange = Range("B1:B9")
msgbox myRange.Rows.Count
would show  a 9.

If user is a list you may have to reference the item in the list as:
msgbox user(1).propertyname

"Michael" wrote:

> Hi All
> I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
> Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
> that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
> Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
> Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
> I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
> VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
> thx for help
> Michael
Can you set a reference in the VBE to your library ?

Tim

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I have writen an COM Object in C# to use it in Excel. This Object has a
> Function that delivers a List of Users from a Database. My problem is now
> that I get the List of Users but it is not posible to get one of the
> Properties of the User. But when I create a new Object with
> Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
> I can see all Properties of this object. My Question is now how can I tell
> VBA now that the objects in the List are the UserVOCOM Objects?
> thx for help
> Michael

0
Tim
5/13/2010 4:16:17 AM
thx for the Results
@Tim: Yes I allready added the reference
@JLatham: I had the some Idea like you with user(1).propertyname but then I
get the Error Message Runtime Error 424 Object necessary

I tried the following lines and all lines failed :(
        user2 = Users(i)
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = Users(i).UserName
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = user2.UserName
thx for Help Michael

Here is my complete Code:

Sub Schaltfläche2_BeiKlick()
    Set obj = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.Wrapper")
    Set objSheet = Worksheets("Tabelle1")
    UserName = objSheet.Range("B1").Value
    Password = objSheet.Range("B2").Value
    workspace = objSheet.Range("B3").Value
    mandant = objSheet.Range("B4").Value
    resultnix = obj.InitWrapper(UserName, "", workspace, mandant)
    resultnix = obj.RegisterHostaddress("Ibs.Infrastructure",
"http://localhost/Infrastructure.Host/")
    result = obj.Test()
    Users = obj.GetUserList()
    Set user = CreateObject("GuptaIntferface.UserVOCom")
    MsgBox user.UserName
    For i = 1 To UBound(Users)
        cell = "B" + CStr(i + 10)
        user2 = Users(i)
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = Users(i).UserName
        objSheet.Range(cell).Value = user2.UserName
    Next i
    MsgBox result
End Sub
one more Info it looks like he has a Problem with the Array
when I use a c# like this
public UserVOCom[] GetUserList()
VBA can't read the the Objects in the List but when I use
public UserVOCom GetUser()
he can read the properties from this object
Any Ideas on this?
thx
Michael
Hi All I have found a Solution! VBA can't handel a normal Array from C#! So I
have build a Class that handels the List and offers the Values via a get and
a set function

but thx again for the help

Michael

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

using forms

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Using Spanish on Publisher

EXCELL Protection
There needs to be better protection on locked cells. It is possible to alter the formatting of a locked cell by pasting into the cell. Example pasting an entry copied from a % format into a currancy format changes the cell to %. This also follows with coulours etc. Secondly a formula in a locked cell can be corrupted by inadvertantly removing cells that it refers to and then replacing them. Mald Hi have you protected the sheet? (Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mald wrote: > There needs to be better protection on locked cells. > > It is ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...