UserForm show question

Is there any way to cause a userform (UserForm2) to show when someone clicks
in TextBox1 on the current userform?

0
ordnance1

I am not sure I understand the question, but you can call a UserForm anytime
from any code module because it is a separate object.  But if it is already
visible you cannot open a second instance of it. The TextBox has a double
click event that could be used, but not a single click. There are other
events such as enter and exit that could also be used to call a userform.
You can view these events by creating a textbox from the Control Toolbox and
then right click the testbox and click view code.  Click on the declarations
pane to get the drop down menu of all the events for the control.

"ordnance1" <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to cause a userform (UserForm2) to show when someone
> clicks in TextBox1 on the current userform?

0
JLGWhiz

Showing unrelated values according to the X axis
hello - I want to show the % of holding types in a number of accounts for each month. Say I have 1500 accounts that hold together 2500 holdings, split 60/40 betw type A and type B. I can do 100% stacked bars for the 60/40 split by month, but how can i show next to/on each column an UNRELATED number (in charting terms) which is the number of accounts for each month (that hold the holdings that I am showing the split of). Is there a slick way I can associate to each month the unrelated value, without effect on the chart other than showing the value for each month referring to the stacked column ...

Creating a userform?
I would like to enter data to a speadsheet with a userform. I want enter the data in a form that will automatically insert the data to the correct cells in my spreadsheet. And then allow me to enter new data on the next line below. Is this possible? I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 42 towards the top of my home page. In here I have tried to explain, as clearly as possible, what you need to do to set up and use a Form in EXCEL 2007. There is a simple worked example for you to work through if you want to. Please d...

3D Stacked column
This is a simple question: I'm comparing 6 different products across 3 categories on a 3D stacked column chart. Everything is fine to this point. My issue, one of the products has very large values in 2 ctegories out of 3 in comparison to the other 5 products. My data values range from 1 to 30 but the 6th product ranges from 1 to 500. What's the best way to approach this, other than not to plot the 6th product? Thanks. -- If u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change. I would try a number of other chart types. First, the sooner you get away from 3D types, t...

Formula shows in cell instead of results (text reference)
I have a file with 1,000's of forumlas in it. One tab alone has over 3,400 formulas. There are 20 tabs that pull a job category name from the "rates" tab. For year 1, the formulas start in A9 and go to A63. I have multiple years that deal with the same job categories and the information for Years 2 - 5 starts on row 106 and continue down. If I put a formula in A106 that says + or = A9, the cell displays the forumla and not the job category name. Cell A106 is formatted as text which it should be. I have tried the edit format and change A106 to text then hit...

Shared calendar not showing popup reminders; way to do this?
A colleague and I have access to our respective boss' calendars. We have them open yet minimized. What we're finding is that the 15min reminder pops up for our bosses but not for us. Is there a way to get our shared copies to also remind us of an upcoming meeting for our respective bosses. This would be of enormous help! Thanks. :oD ...

Open Userforms from a Dropdown list
Hello, and thanks for the help, I have several userforms and would like to place the names of the forms into a dropdown list to select the form i wish to use is this possible. again thanks ...

opening a userform from a userform
Is there a way to open and use a userform from another userform? I am using userforms for data entry and would like the option to open a second form whilst entering data into a form Can anyone help? [excel 2003] Just Show it. Call is like this... UserForm2.Show or like this... UserForm2.Show vbModeless depending on whether you want UserForm2 to be modal or non-modal. Remember to change my example UserForm name from UserForm2 to whatever the name your second UserForm is. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Roger on Excel" <RogeronExcel@discussions.microsof...

spell checking
Hi I'd really like to see a red wavy underline under words that Outloo thinks are misspelled. Currently, Outlook fixes mistakes like "teh" t "the", but seems to ignore words it cannot work out. I can set it to spellcheck the email before sending with a crapp wizard interface, but I just want the red wavy underline, so I ca decide if it's ok or not (and ideally, a right click to sugges fixes). Is what I want possible with outlook? Thanks abb ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet me...

Show Rows Button
I have created a calendar of activities and want to create both a collapsed/summary view (containing just some selected rows) and an expanded view (containing all rows). I'd like to put a few buttons at the top ("Summary", and "All", let's say) and when I click on one of the buttons, only display selected rows, based on criteria on content in one or more columns of a row). Any clues for me how I might do this? I've searched in help and only found "filters", but I want to filter based on the content of multiple rows and not have the user have t...

Money 2006 Question
Hi all, My brother wants to use Money 2006 that came with his new pc, but he says that it's necessary to open a MS Passport account just in order to use Mny 2006! He is one that likes to use fake bank names & such in order to protect his files, and he says that looks to be impossibe in Mny 2006. Any thoughts about this? Regards Rusty Fender wrote: > Hi all, > > My brother wants to use Money 2006 that came with his new pc, but he says > that it's necessary to open a MS Passport account just in order to use Mny > 2006! > > He is one that likes to u...

Data>Validation Question
Hello and greetings from South Texas (very cold). I've created a simple spreadsheet report with six different categories (columns). In two of those categories I implemented drop down lists using Data>Validation>List, etc. Initially it worked like it was supposed to therefore giving me the luxury of selecting different options from the drop down menu. I locked several cells (not including the two columns) and protected the worksheet with a password. As I opened the file this morning I deleted the current information in an attempt to enter new information (expecting the dro...

passwords - userforms
[Excel 2003] I have a spreadsheet which uses forms to enter and display data. The Spreadsheet uses a main page form "frmDashboard" from which other userforms are activated using command buttons. The form frmDashoboard remains open in the background as a desktop while the user activates the other forms. I am looking at various methods to password protect the opening of other forms from the main useform frmDashboard and I use the following code to do this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i_pwd As String i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password&q...

userform
hello everybody, is it possible to see the content of a cell (i.e. worksheet 1 cell y32) (and all it's changes) in a userform (which is also used to input data) while it is still open? Hi You will probably need some code for that, like Label1.Caption = Sheets(1).Range("Y32").Text trigged by some relevant events, like the Exit events of your input boxes. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Mauro" <mlauro@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message news:WlKQb.4922$VS6.4580@tornado.fastwebnet.it... > hello everybody, is it possible to see the ...

A few questions
Ok, I am starting to understand this monster... a few questions please: 1) I have all the emails (outgoing and incoming) from a certain account in the same folder grouped by conversation - The conversation title is taken from the subject of the first email, right? Can I change the title (name of) the conversation? 2) Is their a way I can have my outgoing messages in this folder have a special Icon (not just the open envelope) 3) Sorry for being picky but the indent space of the thread is to small. Is there a way I can increase the size of the indent? Tahnk Alot RB Raffi Bearmant ...

question about using the offset function
Is there a way to use the offset function (or another function) as a way to supply an expanding range to other functions like 'average'? For my purposes, there may be multiple series of numbers within say a column, with each 'series' (i.e. set of contiguous rows) separated by a few blank cells. The objective of the function would be to supply a limited set of numbers (which can expand) to the function whose result is the main interest. For example, within column D, I might have rows 5-10 representing adult male fish weights, rows 15-20 representing adult female fish weights ...

Excel VBA
Hi Excel VBA'ers, Via Google I found some great code (see below) that enables MouseDown to paste what's in clipboard. I want this code to apply to ALL of the textboxes in my Userform. Instead of repeating this code multiple times for every textbox, I was wondering how/if I can specify multiple textboxes using the one instance of the code please. (Hmm, if I'm on the right track, perhaps I have to learn about Class Modules to do this??) Here is the code that I found: Private Sub TextBox1_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Sing...

Deleted bill series still shows as "overdue"
Money 2006 Deluxe I deleted a number of recurring bills that I'd set up as recurring. On my Money start page, in the "Bills and Deposits" portion, those bills still show up as Overdue, with dates going back almost a year. If I go to the Calendar, and locate the date the bill was supposedly due, and try to "edit"t that bill series, it tells me there's an even earlier occurrence, and that I must find that one. But I can't find any earlier occurrence. How do I get these deleted bill series from showing up as overdue? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a...

Smartlist not showing all Extender Fields
I created an extender window to add additional information on customers that we want to report on. I was able to add the new fields into the smartlist using the smartlist button on the bottom of the extender window. The problem I have now is that I had to change the names of some of the fields and delete one of them. The new fields don't seem to be showing up in Smartlist. I even tried deleting the link and recreating it and still the new fields are no where to be found. Any ideas on how to fix?? Thanks, Dawn ...

Screen shots not showing
Have several documents that have screen shots pasted into them that when the documents are open the only part that is visible is the place holder for the images. Does anyone know of a way to correct this problem. Thanks ...

Best way to show this on a graph?
I have several lines, which will be graphed prior year (12 months) or current year to date (1 to 12 months). On the far right side of the graph, I need to have the lines (at month 12) intersect with a seperate visual showing multiple levels of the goal (like a stacked column chart). I can't use horizontal goal lines across the chart- they need to just be at the end. When I set it up as a mixed-type chart, with the goal information in Dec (stacked columns), the actual monthly lines travel into the goal area and terminate in the center of that stacked column; what I'd really like...

Question (Please)
One of users had a corruption of his profile under W2K3 Enteprise as an Active Directory user who logs on with his Smart Card. I'll call his Domain Name; Bob.Unlucky His profile is; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky When he logged on, he did not get his normal setup (desktop, icons, resolution, etc) and his MS Outlook wasn't setup which was a clear sign of a Profile corruption. I examined his PC and found a new profile; c:\users\TEMP All files in his Documents folder are encrypted using his Smart Card and he could not access any files in; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky\Documents ...

vba to show the file save as dialog box...
vba to show the file save as dialog box.. and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...?? thank you...! > vba to show the file save as dialog box... > and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...??? (Not sure how the "pick folder" bit will react but) try Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH, Andy try Excel.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show HTH Ken --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www...

SumIf Question #2
Hi Can anyone tell me if the SumIf function can work with 2 different sets of criteria. eg: A1 = P B1 = M C1 = 20 A2 = P B2 = M C2 = 10 A3 = U B3 = M C2 = 10 I would like a formula to sum the C column numbers based on if the A column returns the letter U and the B column returns the letter M. But return a zero if the A column returns the letter P and the B column returns the letter M. I can get half way there using the SumIf function but I can't get a 2nd criteria in the formula. I run Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciated =SUMPRODUCT(--(...

Rich text boxes showing html over remote sessions
Hi all, I'm not sure whether I'm posting to the correct forum yet for this problem but I will try here first. The problem that I'm having (recently) is that, whenever I try view our sharepoint site remotely (via RDP or Citrix) and load up a page with a rich text box, the box will display the html tags that are being used. It's as if the 'source editor' is being loaded and not the 'rich text editor'. However, if I try view the site normally on our LAN, it works as it should - no tags are shown at all. Has anyone had any experience with this sort ...

Blank Userform
Hi all, I have a slight problem, I have some code which adds rows with formfields in to a table in a protected form. These formfields have text in which is dependant upon users ticking checkboxes. Before adding the rows my code checks to see if particular rows have already been added to the table so that these rows are not added again. The whole macro takes about 30 seconds to run and to save users seeing Word 'dance' and the screen flash, I have tried to utilise a userform to appear for the duration of the code. Unfortunately the body of the userform turns bla...