Userform question 12-24-09

Can anybody explain the differences between
showing/loading a userform along with hiding/unloading
a userform??

I'm guessing that a "load" will create the form in
memory but it remains non-visible??  Does that
mean that a call of "Userform1.Show" loads it
in memory AND makes it visible??

0
Robert

Show : Calls the userform initialize function the first time and not
afterwards and displays the userform

Load :  Is the same as show but doesn't display the userform.

Hide : Exits the userform and keeps it in memory so the next time it is
Show/Load is performed it will not run the initialize function

UnLoad : Exits the userform and doesn't keeps it in memory so the next
time it is Show/Load is performed it will run the initialize function.

Visibile = True  : Just makes the loaded userform visible

Visibile = False  : Just makes the loaded userform invisible

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

joel

Lookup function question
I am looking to create a formula that will see if a value from column 1 sheet 1 is present in column 1 sheet 2, and if it is, return the value from column 2 sheet 2... Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance... =VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!A1:B1000,2) This gets A1 from Sheet1 and tries to find it in column A of Sheet2. If found, the value in column B is returned. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "clevelandkid" wrote: > I am looking to create a formula that will see if a value from column 1 sheet > 1 is present in column 1 sheet 2, and...

Creating a userform?
I would like to enter data to a speadsheet with a userform. I want enter the data in a form that will automatically insert the data to the correct cells in my spreadsheet. And then allow me to enter new data on the next line below. Is this possible? I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 42 towards the top of my home page. In here I have tried to explain, as clearly as possible, what you need to do to set up and use a Form in EXCEL 2007. There is a simple worked example for you to work through if you want to. Please d...

Open Userforms from a Dropdown list
Hello, and thanks for the help, I have several userforms and would like to place the names of the forms into a dropdown list to select the form i wish to use is this possible. again thanks ...

two questions reg financial planner
Hi, Is there a way to print the yearly snapshot in financial planner (Money 2004)for multiple years in a single step? Right now I do it a year by year which is not very efficient. Also, in the financial planner, if for a certain year there is some left over money (income-all expenses), then Money automatically puts 20% in the savings account. How can I change this number? I am still figuring out what it does with the remaining 80% of the amount. I would appreciate any help. thanks. abhinav ...

Filter question
hello to all My form has 2 comboboxes:cboCategory and cboPriceRange, with the important columns being CategoryID and PriceRangeID respectively. The item showing in cboCategory determines the choices available in cboPriceRange. All of this works well. Now, I want to use these 2 selections to filter my records to show ProductID and ProductName when a button (cmdFilter) is clicked. It the user selects Power tools and $100 - $200, I want to filter my records to show only Products matching these criteria. I'm new enough to coding that I can't seem to get the code for this bu...

question about AfxBeginThread
I'm really puzzled by the compiler message: winckuView.cpp(108): error C2665: 'AfxBeginThread' : none of the 2 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'UINT (__thiscall CSerComm::* )(LPVOID)' whereas I prototyped the function passed to AfxBeginThread like this: UINT CSerComm::wakeInstrument(LPVOID pParam); I'm calling AfxBeginThread like this (in a different source file): AfxBeginThread(CSerComm::wakeInstrument, NULL); What am I missing? Sorry folks... I should have googled first. Turns out that the function wakeInstrument needs to be global. >-----Ori...

a beginners question!
What is mfc?!! Can we work with vc++6 without using mfc, can we create windows, buttons and so on without mfc? I am confused, help please yass wrote: > Can we work with vc++6 without using mfc, can we create windows, buttons and > so on without mfc? Yes, yes, yes, yes. MFC is a rather in-depth library of classes that make Windows programming (especially GUI stuff) easier than writing programs in traditional C style using pure Win32 methods. It encapsulates Windowing, the GDI, files, directories, serialization, sockets, threads, and so on. Worth checking out if you have the t...

VLOOKUP Question.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that has multiple formula's in it. There are about 100 rows. I know what VLOOKUP formula I need. What I want to do is on a separate worksheet - have my VLOOUP formula search the 100 rows for particular values. That part is easy. In any given circumstance though, what I want my VLOOKUP formula to search for maybe 2 values out of the 100 rows. So instead of having my second worksheet with 100 rows of my VLOOKUP formula I only want to show my results one cell after the other. The way I have it now Row 50 might have a value but the other 99 don't so I ...

custom date format 04-12-10
I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 2010"? Thanks so much for all the help, past, present, and future!! Tonso How about Mon, Sep 27, 2010 If that's ok, try: ddd, mmm dd, yyyy or ddd, mmm d, yyyy Tonso wrote: > > I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, > September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give > a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 201...

opening a userform from a userform
Is there a way to open and use a userform from another userform? I am using userforms for data entry and would like the option to open a second form whilst entering data into a form Can anyone help? [excel 2003] Just Show it. Call is like this... UserForm2.Show or like this... UserForm2.Show vbModeless depending on whether you want UserForm2 to be modal or non-modal. Remember to change my example UserForm name from UserForm2 to whatever the name your second UserForm is. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Roger on Excel" <RogeronExcel@discussions.microsof...

passwords - userforms
[Excel 2003] I have a spreadsheet which uses forms to enter and display data. The Spreadsheet uses a main page form "frmDashboard" from which other userforms are activated using command buttons. The form frmDashoboard remains open in the background as a desktop while the user activates the other forms. I am looking at various methods to password protect the opening of other forms from the main useform frmDashboard and I use the following code to do this: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i_pwd As String i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password&q...

Data>Validation Question
Hello and greetings from South Texas (very cold). I've created a simple spreadsheet report with six different categories (columns). In two of those categories I implemented drop down lists using Data>Validation>List, etc. Initially it worked like it was supposed to therefore giving me the luxury of selecting different options from the drop down menu. I locked several cells (not including the two columns) and protected the worksheet with a password. As I opened the file this morning I deleted the current information in an attempt to enter new information (expecting the dro...

Should be an easy question, about exmerge
I'm trying to move a .pst into a mailbox using Exmerge. I'm running it in batch mode, and I get the same error every time; cannot create entryID, error accessing directory object, etc.. I think this is because the syntax in my mailbox.txt is off; can you see anything wrong with this; \\c:\temp\JustinCredible.pst,/o=mt.pt.dr.com/ou=administrative/ou=users/cn=JustinCredible Correct Syntax: /O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=DANIEL The domain name in our environment is mt.pt.dr.com email address for this mailbox is JustinCredible@dr.com Spe...

Mail View Question Please
Outlook 2003 When the unread mail (Search Folder) is highlighted section on the upper right (not sure of it's correct name) used to show the unread mail (from, subject, received, etc.) grouped by which folder they were in (due to message rules). Now the title bar of that section simply reads "Unread Mail". How do I reset it to the folder grouping (not by date) please. Also, again I'm not sure how but the icons I chose to customize the toolbar with are gone and they are back to the defaults. That I can fix no problem though. Any ideas what may have caused this? -- Thank...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

Not sure where to put this question.
I am intermediate when it comes to building a database. Unfortunately, what I need either goes beyond my knowledge or I just forgot how to do it. I am building a db for my business. The db is not online, just for me to keep track of items, costs, expenses, so on and so forth. Right now I am trying to tie in a totals box for the following: Sale of the item - the % of our commission - expenses = what's left As simple as that sounds, I don't want a lot of subforms and would rather do it in a dlookup, or any other way that wouldn't clutter the design view. The expenses are in s...

userform
hello everybody, is it possible to see the content of a cell (i.e. worksheet 1 cell y32) (and all it's changes) in a userform (which is also used to input data) while it is still open? Hi You will probably need some code for that, like Label1.Caption = Sheets(1).Range("Y32").Text trigged by some relevant events, like the Exit events of your input boxes. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "Mauro" <mlauro@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message news:WlKQb.4922$VS6.4580@tornado.fastwebnet.it... > hello everybody, is it possible to see the ...

emails lost with compression error. Restore question.
I run Vista Home Premium and have Windows Home and Student. I use Windows mail. During a mail compression I got an error saying that the program was in use and an error had occurred. All of the e-mails were lost but there was some kind of automatic e-mail restoration. I was able to retreive what I needed from a restore e-mail folder. My question -- There are now a bunch of files in my trash bin relating to the restored e-mails. They showed up there by themselves. When I click on them they are listed as restored Windows Mail files and Recovered File Fragments. Since I have...

2 questions about CreateProcess(...)
Hi, How would I start an application hidden or minimized? PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; STARTUPINFO si; memset( &pi, 0, sizeof(PROCESS_INFORMATION) ); memset(&si, 0, sizeof(STARTUPINFO)); si.cb= sizeof(STARTUPINFO); si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW; si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW; si.lpDesktop = ""; CreateProcess( NULL, (char*)"C:\\WinNT\\System32\\Calc.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, NULL, NULL, &si, &pi ); If I add "si.wShowWindow = SW_SHOW;", the application doe...

Question -Problem

split question
Hello I want to split several lines of text in the TXT file "d:\Names.txt" They are seperated with an asterix (*). Like that: one*two three*four five*six seven *eight Please remember the added space after seven and after eight. I want to search for "seven " with a trailing space and replace it with "eight " with a trailing space. I have tried that: Const sNames = "d:\Names.txt" Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set oNames = oFSO.OpenTextFile(sNames) aNames = Split(oNames.ReadAll, VbCrLf) I tr...

Excel VBA
Hi Excel VBA'ers, Via Google I found some great code (see below) that enables MouseDown to paste what's in clipboard. I want this code to apply to ALL of the textboxes in my Userform. Instead of repeating this code multiple times for every textbox, I was wondering how/if I can specify multiple textboxes using the one instance of the code please. (Hmm, if I'm on the right track, perhaps I have to learn about Class Modules to do this??) Here is the code that I found: Private Sub TextBox1_MouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Sing...

question about using the offset function
Is there a way to use the offset function (or another function) as a way to supply an expanding range to other functions like 'average'? For my purposes, there may be multiple series of numbers within say a column, with each 'series' (i.e. set of contiguous rows) separated by a few blank cells. The objective of the function would be to supply a limited set of numbers (which can expand) to the function whose result is the main interest. For example, within column D, I might have rows 5-10 representing adult male fish weights, rows 15-20 representing adult female fish weights ...

A few questions
Ok, I am starting to understand this monster... a few questions please: 1) I have all the emails (outgoing and incoming) from a certain account in the same folder grouped by conversation - The conversation title is taken from the subject of the first email, right? Can I change the title (name of) the conversation? 2) Is their a way I can have my outgoing messages in this folder have a special Icon (not just the open envelope) 3) Sorry for being picky but the indent space of the thread is to small. Is there a way I can increase the size of the indent? Tahnk Alot RB Raffi Bearmant ...

Question (Please)
One of users had a corruption of his profile under W2K3 Enteprise as an Active Directory user who logs on with his Smart Card. I'll call his Domain Name; Bob.Unlucky His profile is; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky When he logged on, he did not get his normal setup (desktop, icons, resolution, etc) and his MS Outlook wasn't setup which was a clear sign of a Profile corruption. I examined his PC and found a new profile; c:\users\TEMP All files in his Documents folder are encrypted using his Smart Card and he could not access any files in; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky\Documents ...