User Form Display Question

My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works
good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it
becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off.

Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for
the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display
settings.

I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work.

Sub size_form_and_controls()

Dim start_height As Long
Dim start_width As Long
Dim new_height As Long
Dim new_width As Long
Dim height_ratio As Double
Dim width_ratio As Double
Dim ctl As Control

With Me
'default settings on your computer
    start_height = 1024
    start_width = 1280
'find current screen resolution
    new_height = Application.Height
    new_width = Application.Width
'ratio to apply to form and all Controls
    height_ratio = new_height / start_height
    width_ratio = new_width / start_width
'resize the whole form
    .Height = new_height
    .Width = new_width
'resize the controls and text
    For Each ctl In .Controls
        ctl.Top = ctl.Top * height_ratio
        ctl.Left = ctl.Left * width_ratio
        ctl.Height = ctl.Height * height_ratio
        ctl.Width = ctl.Width * width_ratio
'if control has no font then skip
        On Error Resume Next
            ctl.Font.Size = ctl.Font.Size * height_ratio
        On Error GoTo 0
    Next ctl
End With

I built this code for the same issue you're having.  Just call this procedure
in your userforms Intialize Event.  Hope this helps!  If so, let me know,
click "YES" below.

Sub AdjustScreenSize()

    ' move user form to upper left of screen and show scoll bars
    With ProductForm

        ' if form is wider and higher than window width
        If .Height > Application.Height And .Width > Application.Width Then

            ' increae height/width of userform so scroll bar doesn't cover
controls
            .Width = .Width + 15
            .Height = .Height + 15

            ' add scroll bars
            .ScrollBars = 3             ' 3 show both hor./ver. bar
            .ScrollHeight = .Height
            .ScrollWidth = .Width

            ' adjust position of userform
            .Top = Application.Top
            .Height = ActiveWindow.Height
            .Left = Application.Left
            .Width = ActiveWindow.Width

            Exit Sub
        End If

        ' if form is taller than window height
        If .Height > Application.Height Then

            ' increase height of userform so scroll bar doesn't cover controls
            .Width = .Width + 15

            ' add horizontal scroll bars
            .ScrollBars = 2             ' 2 show ver. bar
            .ScrollHeight = .Height

            ' adjust position of userform
            .Top = Application.Top
            .Height = ActiveWindow.Height

            Exit Sub
        End If

        ' if form is wider than window width
        If .Width > Application.Width Then

            ' increae height of userform so scroll bar doesn't cover controls
            .Height = .Height + 15

            ' add horizontal scroll bars
            .ScrollBars = 1             ' 1 show hor. bar
            .ScrollWidth = .Width

            ' adjust position of userform
            .Left = Application.Left
            .Width = ActiveWindow.Width

            Exit Sub
        End If
    End With

End Sub
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Brian" wrote:

> My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works
> good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it
> becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off.
>
> Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for
> the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display
> settings.
>
> I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work.
>
> Sub size_form_and_controls()
>
> Dim start_height As Long
> Dim start_width As Long
> Dim new_height As Long
> Dim new_width As Long
> Dim height_ratio As Double
> Dim width_ratio As Double
> Dim ctl As Control
>
> With Me
> 'default settings on your computer
>     start_height = 1024
>     start_width = 1280
> 'find current screen resolution
>     new_height = Application.Height
>     new_width = Application.Width
> 'ratio to apply to form and all Controls
>     height_ratio = new_height / start_height
>     width_ratio = new_width / start_width
> 'resize the whole form
>     .Height = new_height
>     .Width = new_width
> 'resize the controls and text
>     For Each ctl In .Controls
>         ctl.Top = ctl.Top * height_ratio
>         ctl.Left = ctl.Left * width_ratio
>         ctl.Height = ctl.Height * height_ratio
>         ctl.Width = ctl.Width * width_ratio
> 'if control has no font then skip
>         On Error Resume Next
>             ctl.Font.Size = ctl.Font.Size * height_ratio
>         On Error GoTo 0
>     Next ctl
> End With
It works.

I was really hoping to it would resize the user form according to the screen
size though. Can that be done? Is it possible to resize the user form
according to the screen size?

Thanks

"Ryan H" wrote:

> [...]
> > Dim ctl As Control
> >
> > With Me
> > 'default settings on your computer
> >     start_height = 1024
> >     start_width = 1280
> > 'find current screen resolution
> >     new_height = Application.Height
> >     new_width = Application.Width
> > 'ratio to apply to form and all Controls
> >     height_ratio = new_height / start_height
> >     width_ratio = new_width / start_width
> > 'resize the whole form
> >     .Height = new_height
> >     .Width = new_width
> > 'resize the controls and text
> >     For Each ctl In .Controls
> >         ctl.Top = ctl.Top * height_ratio
> >         ctl.Left = ctl.Left * width_ratio
> >         ctl.Height = ctl.Height * height_ratio
> >         ctl.Width = ctl.Width * width_ratio
> > 'if control has no font then skip
> >         On Error Resume Next
> >             ctl.Font.Size = ctl.Font.Size * height_ratio
I believe this code should work for what ever screen size you have.  Plus, it
will adjust the userform size in case your user has the Excel application not
maximized.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Brian" wrote:

> [...]
> > > Dim ctl As Control
> > >
> > > With Me
> > > 'default settings on your computer
> > >     start_height = 1024
> > >     start_width = 1280
> > > 'find current screen resolution
> > >     new_height = Application.Height
> > >     new_width = Application.Width
> > > 'ratio to apply to form and all Controls
> > >     height_ratio = new_height / start_height
> > >     width_ratio = new_width / start_width
> > > 'resize the whole form
> > >     .Height = new_height
> > >     .Width = new_width
> > > 'resize the controls and text
> > >     For Each ctl In .Controls
> > >         ctl.Top = ctl.Top * height_ratio
> > >         ctl.Left = ctl.Left * width_ratio
> > >         ctl.Height = ctl.Height * height_ratio
> > >         ctl.Width = ctl.Width * width_ratio
> > > 'if control has no font then skip
> > >         On Error Resume Next
> > >             ctl.Font.Size = ctl.Font.Size * height_ratio

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Outlook 2003 -- Always display BCC on new messages?
Hi all; anyone know how to always display the BCC field on every new message composed, you know, make it the default to display the BCC field? I've played around with forms editing but none of my efforts, which were little more than shots in the dark, have produced the desired results. Thanks, Lucee I forgot to add; when composing a new message, on the View menu the option to check the BCC field is not there as it was in Outlook XP :-( "BVIPrincess" <eecul62@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23hS3euE$EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hi all; anyone know how to...

Users not showing up All Users

Follow on from simple question 12/8/2004
To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! Cheers Ajay I know I join Bob in saying... Woohoo! Ajay wrote: > > To Bob Umlas and Dave Peterson > Many thanks for your help yesterday re transfering data in two long columns > in to easier to view table exactly what we needed!! > Cheers > Ajay -- Dave Peterson ...

Cells object question
I am using the Cells object to set the "locked" property of my spreadsheet. The line looks like this: Cells.locked = True ' or can be False I feel real uncomfortable using that code by itself. Shouldn't I pre-qualify the Cells object with another object such as "ThisWorkbook" or something?? I just want to ensure that this code runs on the workbook it was intended for and not another active workbook. Thank you! Unless you know for certain that the sheet you are concerned with is the activesheet then yes, you should always qualify ...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Manager grayed out on user setup

Advanced Charts Question
I'm moving and application from Excel to Access. In Excel there are stacked bar charts that show prior years End of Year Summary information along with Monthly summarized data for current year. There's also a target line that runs the width of the chart connecting last year's EOY bar with current year's final target value. To complicate everything, the charted values are in Parts Per Million. In Excel I just added columns for the Historical Annual data to the left of the monthly columns, and a column to the right for the final target value. I also added a row for the target va...

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...

Ownning Business unit on form
Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? anyone? no it's not. Dave Ireland "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:79d6ed93-3bda-424f-88ea-0e929551c80e@k19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Is it impossible to show the owning business unit of a contact or > acccount on a form? The attribute is available in the list but you > cannot see it when attempting to add it to a form? ...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Table formula optimization Question
I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form. (example at http://store.murpheythejeweler.com/store/p/6255-ANTIQUE-WHEEL-PAVE-X.aspx I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 produc...

DLL import question