Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?

Thanks in advance

Hi Leungkong,

> Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?

Of course, using ADO or DAO.
See:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbadacexportado

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
Jan
3/4/2010 9:07:10 AM
Hi Jan,

Thanks. I think ADO is what I want.
But I am not only want to export from excel to access.
I want to edit some data in access table.

For example, Access has a table "ProductList"
I want to use Excel to call the product by "ProductCode" field.
After I update the "UnitPrice" via excel to access.

Can I use ADO to do it? If yes, could you please advice me some book or
link? Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,
Kong

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

> Hi Leungkong,
>
> > Can I use VBA to update Access table or Query from Excel?
>
> Of course, using ADO or DAO.
> See:
>
> http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbadacexportado
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVP
> http://www.jkp-ads.com
>
> .

Hi Leungkong,

> For example, Access has a table "ProductList"
> I want to use Excel to call the product by "ProductCode" field.
> After I update the "UnitPrice" via excel to access.
>
> Can I use ADO to do it? If yes, could you please advice me some book or
> link? Thank you very much.

The information is in the same link I gave previously.

There is a microsoft press book called "Programming ADO" by Sceppa which is
quite good.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
Jan

HELP WITH VBA
I am trying to finish writing some simple program. My problem is that when I try and change the arguement from SELECTION CHANGE to CHANGE, it doesn't work. Can someone help? Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("B3").Value = 2 Then Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("F3") = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F4").Value End Sub My second problem is that I would like my data rather than appearing in a cell, appear in a TEXT BOX. What do I do? Copying your exact same post from 3 days ago word...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Using Spanish on Publisher

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Taste security update that came from the MS
--psvhmtimecjafnkn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mkhmmgfhzxpzyiryx"; type="multipart/alternative" --mkhmmgfhzxpzyiryx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sotoaqhbsnskjyqr" --sotoaqhbsnskjyqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Using secured OMA

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Using resources, how to ?

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...