Use combobox value as sheetname to set sheet object

Greetings all.  I've got a userform with a combo that is populated with the
workbook sheet names with code I found here...

    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
        Me.ComboBox1.AddItem sh.Name
    Next

I would like to set a sheet object using combobox1, but I can not figure it
out.  Basically this is what I want to do

Dim Ws as worksheet

Set Ws = Activeworkbook.sheet(combobox1).

Now I know this does not work, but I can't figure out how to do it.  My
first thought was to have the combo box be 2 columns, one of which would
contain the index number of the sheets in the workbook.  Any ideas?  Thank
you.

Greg

    Set wks = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ComboBox1.Text)

Hope this helps!  If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Greg Snidow" wrote:

> Greetings all.  I've got a userform with a combo that is populated with the
> workbook sheet names with code I found here...
>
>     For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
>         Me.ComboBox1.AddItem sh.Name
>     Next
>
> I would like to set a sheet object using combobox1, but I can not figure it
> out.  Basically this is what I want to do
>
> Dim Ws as worksheet
>
> Set Ws = Activeworkbook.sheet(combobox1).
>
> Now I know this does not work, but I can't figure out how to do it.  My
> first thought was to have the combo box be 2 columns, one of which would
> contain the index number of the sheets in the workbook.  Any ideas?  Thank
> you.
>
> Greg
you're alomost there

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
  Dim ws As Worksheet
  Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(ComboBox1.Value)
  ws.Activate

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
  Dim sh As Worksheet

"Greg Snidow" wrote:

> Greetings all.  I've got a userform with a combo that is populated with the
> workbook sheet names with code I found here...
>
>     For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
>         Me.ComboBox1.AddItem sh.Name
>     Next
>
> I would like to set a sheet object using combobox1, but I can not figure it
> out.  Basically this is what I want to do
>
> Dim Ws as worksheet
>
> Set Ws = Activeworkbook.sheet(combobox1).
>
> Now I know this does not work, but I can't figure out how to do it.  My
> first thought was to have the combo box be 2 columns, one of which would
> contain the index number of the sheets in the workbook.  Any ideas?  Thank
> you.
>
> Greg
You may want to add some checks, too:

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim Ws As Object 'still any kind of sheet

    Set Ws = Nothing
    On Error Resume Next
    Set Ws = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(Me.ComboBox1.Value)
    On Error GoTo 0

    If Ws Is Nothing Then
        Me.Label1.Caption = "No Sheet with that name in the active workbook"
    Else
        Me.Label1.Caption = ""
        Ws.Activate
    End If
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Dim sh As Object 'any kind of sheet
    For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
        Me.ComboBox1.AddItem sh.Name
    Next sh
    Me.Label1.Caption = ""
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

setting left and top at runtime
hi there i have been working with VB for some time, and just started with VC++ i was looking for some way to set the Left and Top position of a Static Text control also some help on online VC++ and MFC resources regards >i have been working with VB for some time, and just started >with VC++ > >i was looking for some way to set the Left and Top position >of a Static Text control Use MoveWindow or SetWindowPos Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Look into SetWindowPos function in MSDN...You should be able to change position of any window at run-time. - Parhar ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Trapping Sheet selection
hello, I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects another sheet in Excel In a Class module I use Private WithEvents mWk As Excel.Workbook Sub mWk_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub Private Sub mWk_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub But so far, the event does not fire (although it does in VBA) Please help Avi avi explained on 8/11/2010 : > hello, > > I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects > anothe...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Advanced E-mail options
I can't find anything googling for this so can anybody point me at a help source. When sending a message, if I select "Set Importance" or "Set Sensitivity" from the "Advanced E-mail Options" dialog, what do the categories mean and what do they do? For example what is the difference between "Private" and "Confidential" and what different effects do they have? Thanks -- (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I'll answer 1/2 about the importance function. If you set as High, the recipient gets a red exclamation mark in a c...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Change range based on value of a cell
Hi all, I'm trying to do a COUNTIF, but want to change the range depending on a number somewhere else in the spreadsheet. For example, if the number is 3, I want to count from C1:G1, but if the number is 4 I want to count from D1:G1. I've used the address function to find out which cell I want to start from, and then concatenated that to the end point of the range (this never changes). So I'm left with a cell that contains the value of the range (C1:G1 or D1:G1) depending upon the number which is input above. Is it possible to use this cell, which contains the value C1:G1 to repl...

Using secured OMA

how to set automatic reply on vocation
In Outlook Express it was easy to set up an automatic reply during vocation time. Now in Win 7 and Windows Live mail, I could not find this option... May someone please tell me where it is, if it is available... -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida OE did not have a vacation reply function. Windows Live Mail is no different in that regard. You could set up a message rule to accomplish that, but it is not recommended because you'd have to leave the PC on 24/7, and any power interruption or Windows Update or error would cause that to malfunction. A better solution is to use ...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Find values of properties of checkbox
How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Any help would be much appreciated! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Mike P" <mike.parr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OBhh2ds4KHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do you find the values of a property (such as whether or not they > are checked) when the check boxes have been created on the fly? Is it a Web or WinForms application? If you did not keep a Reference to the checkboxe...

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Read value in txt file
Hello to everybody I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get "fr" as value. language = fr country = france Thank you by advance and have a nice day. <bcastaing@gmail.com> said this in news item news:389dabc3-ca3b-440b-b55a-a93ca9221025@w16g2000yqw.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody > > I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value > will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get > "fr"...

Sheet deletion
Hi, I am using excel 2003. When I delete a workbook sheet, it doesn't prompt me to delete, it automatically does it. How can I have excel prompt me for workbook sheet deletion? Thanks. Mitch Mitch, Somehow, the DisplayAlerts property got set to False. Open the VBA Editor (ALT+F11), then open the Immediate Window (CTRL+G), and enter the following: Application.DisplayAlerts = True and press Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...