undo a macro

Hello.  I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook
can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can
be undone by using the the undo button.
--
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Look here:

Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or
> workbook
> can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro
> can
> be undone by using the the undo button.
> --
> Thanks,
> Mike

0
Niek

Using a macro to edit a macro
Short summary: I want to create a macro that will open up the excel vb/macro editor and simply edit existing subs/macros with some fairly sophisticated search and replaces. Note: the macro actions I intend to create are editting existing macros, not worksheet/book interactions. Other Details: I have taken the nessacary steps of: -creating unique break points (commented out sections) to find where to insert the new code snipits -created several refference variables that can be easily replaced in a search and replace (I was thinking about using a promt box or actual worsheet refference cel...

Why is this PageSetup Macro So Slow?
Below is a page setup macro that runs real fast on my Excel2000 WinXP Pro Desktop but real slow on Excel2000 WinXP Home Laptop. I put msgboxes in to see what was slowing this macro up and the .TopMargin, ..BottomMargin, .Orientation and .PrintHeadings seemed to be taking a lot of time to finish. Any suggestions on how to speed this code up? Thanks. Dennis Sub Page_Setup() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" .RightHeader = "&F &D &T &P/&N" .TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75) .BottomMar...

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

Undo Posting to AP
Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the charge? About the only thing you can do is pull up the AP transaction and void it. It'll reverse out the GL entry it creates for you. "Vic Abrahamian" <VicAbrahamian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D153CA-C8A9-4827-BDA2-EF43BE417ED8@microsoft.com... > Is there a procedure to undo a posting to AP. If not how can I revers the > charge? > ...

Undo save?
Hello people! I have a user who inadvertently saved his workbook after deleting a worksheet. I was wondering if there was a way to restore his file to the previous version when he last saved his file. I know there exists the backup copy function, but I am still curious to know if there is a way to backup in the file modification history after a save. (and a bad modification). Thanks! Louisp -- louisp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ louisp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25880 View this thread: htt...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Lookup Formulas in macros
I am trying to create a macro with a simple lookup function and copy. This part is fine, however the file I will be looking up with be changing every week - so I have added some variables. I was thinking the spreadsheet directory and name could be typed into A10 and B10 of the sheet the data with be imported into "book2.xls" but am having difficultly with related this to the formula...any help appreciated. See attempt below: Sub test() Dim Importdir, Importfile Importdir = Range("a10") Importfile = Range("b10") ChDir Importdir ...

Run macro from shape when runnig macro in Excel 2007
Hi, I=B4m recording a macro that tries to run a macro from a shape, but it doesn=B4t work in Excel 2007. I don=B4t know if this is a problem of this version because I could do it in 2003. Thanks Make sure the macro you have assigned to the shape is a public sub in a standard module: Sub Picture1_Click() ' ' Picture1_Click Macro ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+e ' Range("G3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1" Range("G4").Select End Sub Sub dural() Call Picture1_Click End Sub -- Gary''s Student ...

Macros #46
How can I create a macro that will print an entire column of numbers that are hyperlinked to a PDF. I want all the PDFs to print. EX: Col 1 Col 2 (hyperlinked to PDFs) aaaa 123456 bbbb 789000 ...

set unicode in macro
I wrote a macro -> xla. it returns manipulated and translated strings. after passing to win7 i get the output in wrong language code, probably unicode problem. how can i assign a unoicode string into a varialble? thanks in advance Here is one way: Sub test() Dim S1 As String Dim S2() As Byte Dim L As Long S1 = "Hello World" 'to unicode: S2 = StrConv(S1, vbUnicode) ' byte array in the immedate window: For L = LBound(S2) To UBound(S2) Debug.Print L, S2(L), Chr(S2(L)) Next 'convert back: S1 = StrConv(S2, vbFromUnicode) MsgBox S1 End ...

Macro required to copy -past data to first empty row
Hi Expert, I am in need of such a macro or code by which I can copy & paste data from a particular row to first empty row of given row range. Kindly help. Regards, Vikky Hi Vikky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Or if you want to find the row number of the last cell with data in a range see http://www.rondebruin.nl/last.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Vikky" <love.excel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174498666.568772.117750@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi Expert, > > I am in need of such a macro or code by ...

Undo a catlogue merge?
I am making a booklet and was playing with the catalogue merge thing. I've decided not to do what i need to do that way but now whenever I open that file it keeps asking me about merging that file. How do i make it stop doing that? It took me a long time to get the master pages set up the way I want them and get some of the stuff placed right. Can somebody help this noobie? Annie Open your document, tell it to open without the data source. Tools - Mail and Catalog Merge - Cancel Merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsof...

Adding Outlook signature to email created by macro
I have a macro in Excel 2003 that creates an email. How do I add the default Outlook signature to this email through the macro? Thanks John This should help http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/signature.htm -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "JohnG" wrote: > I have a macro in Excel 2003 that creates an email. > > How do I add the default Outlook signature to this email through the macro? > > Thanks > > John Thanks Barb, I'll take a look at that John "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > This should help > > h...

dynamic range selection with a macro
I'm trying to convert a CSV file into something I can use in a database. The report comes broken into sections. Each section has header data that applies to all the records beneath it, but is not included in those records. I need to get certain values from the headers copied into the records directly beneath. There's no set number of records in any one section, so the macro needs to select its ranges dynamically. Here's the setup and the key strokes I used to record a macro: C1 has the first header, C10 has the second, C25 has the third, and so on. Cells C2:C9 and C11:C...

how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragra
how can undo my preset first line indent on just the first paragraph. i need to have all subsequent paras indented. in my previous version of word when i set this in 'special' indent, i could easily undo that on any paragraph by using backspace. i am using word 2007. Open your normal.dotx template from within Word (using the Open command in the Office button), select the paragraph mark in the otherwise blank typing area (Show Non-Printing Characters: Ctrl- Shift-8), and apply the style Normal. Save the template. The next time you make a new document, the cursor will be at...

Virtual basic and macros
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I need to use virtual basic in excel for macintosh and it is missing in office 2008, so I am stuck with Office 2004. Now it is getting harder and harder to open files that customers send from office 2008. Will there be a new version of Office with support for virtual basic soon? Or, is it possible to have both office 2008 and 2004 on the same computer. I can't run windows on it. Yes, Office 2004 & 2008 can coexist harmoniously on the same system. In fact, you can run apps of both suite simultaneously & toggle ...

Macro question #8
I want a macro to select a row (or cell in a particular row) on a worksheet that corresponds with a value in a cell eg. Cell shows value 5. Macro selects row 5 on another sheet or Cell shows value 5. Macro selects cell at intersection of row 5 and a specific column (say column 2 ?) on another sheet What do I need to include in my macro to do this? Can anyone help ? Regards Ross Bennett One way to select the row: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myRng As Range Dim otherWks As Worksheet Set otherWks = Worksheets("sheet2") Set myRng = Nothing On ...

Transferring Macros
I was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer a bunch of macros to 5 other computers? Any help would be great, thanks! Hi Mike Save a file with the macro's as a Add-in and distribute that one http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156942&Product=xlw How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97 Or import the module's (or copy the macro's) in the personal.xls file on each machine -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aace01c47963$57d3d480$a401280a@p...

Running Macros w/vba
How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? Hi not sure for what you're asking but a macro introduction can be found at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany alien2_51" <dan.billow"at wrote: > How can one run a macro in an excel file using automation...? I'm populating data inside an Excel spreadsheet from within a DTS package once the data is there I need run a Macro whcih outputs the data contained in each worksheet to an XML file which I then need to validate against an XSD... I never ha...

undo a macro
Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or workbook can be captured prior to running a macro so that the results of the macro can be undone by using the the undo button. -- Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip23.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mike Archer" <MikeArcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC161A31-95C1-4DC8-9FC2-2AC3F68FF3BB@microsoft.com... > Hello. I am trying to figure out if the condition of a worksheet or > workbook > can ...

Macro to move to next column
I have a macro that is used to pull data from a data collection device (winwedge). It is pulling three fields. It is a huge amount of data that will fill all 65536 rows within an hour. I would like to make it jump to the next set of columns when it reaches this point. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Bradley Bradley, You would get better answers if you post your code.... Anyway, you could use something like If lngRow = 65000 Then CurCol = CurCol + 3 lngRow = 1 End If somewhere within your code. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "iblonger" <iblonger@discussio...

VBA- Undo?
v2007 Is there no Application.Undo in PPT? If not, has anyone had success using another strategy in VBA for reversing the last action a user did in a slide edit? Thanks, Melina You can call on the Undo button using the following code: Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso "Undo" - Chirag PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html "Mel" <mel.turco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:89f5064e-0901-428a-bdce-9d61f1d2cce0@15g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > v2007 > > I...

Interrupt running macro?
In the VB Editor, when I'm testing a macro, I can press the BREAK key to interrupt and stop the macro. Is there a way to interrupt a macro while it's running from an add-in? (I tried pressing the BREAK key, but that didn't work. Incidentally, I tried Ctrl+C, from DOS days, but that didn't work either.) I found this example: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00972.htm, but I'm not sure how to get my event handler to send a message back to the active/running macro and tell it to Exit Sub. If there is another better or easier way to accomplish this, I'm open to an...

A print macro?
Hello. I am using Excel 2000. I have made a spreadsheet that will allow me to produce W2 forms. It works great, but I need some help with the printing. On one worksheet I have the information so that i can produce 100 W2's. I have 2 per sheet just like the real form. When I print preview I have a total of 50 printable pages. What I would like to do is to have a dialog box that I could type in page 1, page 2, etc. What my plan is to print 1 page at a time. I have to print 6 copies of each W2. I would like to type in a dialog box etc. "page 1" and have the macro know that I wa...

Macro for EACH workbook-->help modify to ONE macro for ALL workbooks?
Below is my macro that works 'perfectly', cross-platform on both Windows Excel97 and Mac OS 9, Excel 98, except... My problem is that I am using '6 edited individual macros', rather than just 'a single macro' for 6 workbooks that call the macro. How can I have my macro set a file name in the macro to that of the workbook's name that is calling the macro??? I currently run an 'edited copy' of my macro (see below), from within 6 different workbooks by clicking a button in the open workbook The macro finds and opens a specific workbook named "a_DK...