Unable to get TextBoxes property of Worksheet Class Error

I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided to
ask for help here as well.

I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)

I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have anything
entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the external
file.

Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes property
of Worksheet Class' error message.

If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.

Going nuts on this one.

The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:

If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
purposes
End If

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

This might work:

"Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> ask for help here as well.
>
> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
>
> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> anything
> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> external
> file.
>
> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> property
> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>
> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
>
> Going nuts on this one.
>
> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>
> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> purposes
> End If
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
JLGWhiz
3/18/2010 3:01:21 PM
Try it again, I clicked the wron thing.

If Len(Sheets(2).OLEObjects("TextBox1").Object.Text) > 0 Then
      MsgBox "OK"
End If

 TextBoxes is not in the Object Model

"Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> ask for help here as well.
>
> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
>
> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> anything
> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> external
> file.
>
> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> property
> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>
> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
>
> Going nuts on this one.
>
> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>
> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> purposes
> End If
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
JLGWhiz
3/18/2010 3:02:56 PM
Which version of Excel are you using. You say "Textboxes from the drawing
tool" which implies 97-2003, however the default names you show imply
inserted in 2007
(ie "TextBox 2" rather than "Text Box 2")

Regards,
Peter T

"Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> ask for help here as well.
>
> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
>
> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> anything
> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> external
> file.
>
> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> property
> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>
> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
>
> Going nuts on this one.
>
> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>
> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> purposes
> End If
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
Peter
3/18/2010 4:01:56 PM
Estaup,

So you don't make a simple syntax error that is difficult to find; the
number of a control is specified immediately after its name with no space
between them.
..
For textboxes, the names are TextBox1, TextBox2; not TextBox 1, TextBox 2.
Notice, in the correct form, there is no space between 'TextBox' and the
number following it.

For the correct syntax, refer to JLGWhiz' second post.

Cheers,

Skiffle

"Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> ask for help here as well.
>
> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
>
> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> anything
> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> external
> file.
>
> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> property
> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>
> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
>
> Going nuts on this one.
>
> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>
> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> purposes
> End If
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
Skiffle
3/19/2010 3:34:48 AM
A Name like "TextBox1" infers the default name for an ActiveX type Texbox.
The OP has already said they are not aX but from "the drawing tool".
Therefore the default naming style will be "TextBox 1" or "Text Box 1"
depending on the Excel version.

However there is something ambiguous in the OP's description which was the
point of my post.

Regards,
Peter T

"Skiffle" <skiffle@doesnt.exist> wrote in message
> Estaup,
>
> So you don't make a simple syntax error that is difficult to find; the
> number of a control is specified immediately after its name with no space
> between them.
> .
> For textboxes, the names are TextBox1, TextBox2; not TextBox 1, TextBox 2.
> Notice, in the correct form, there is no space between 'TextBox' and the
> number following it.
>
> For the correct syntax, refer to JLGWhiz' second post.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Skiffle
>
> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
>> ask for help here as well.
>>
>> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
>> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
>> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
>>
>> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
>> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
>> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
>> anything
>> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
>> external
>> file.
>>
>> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
>> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
>> property
>> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>>
>> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them,
>> then
>> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is
>> fine.
>>
>> Going nuts on this one.
>>
>> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>>
>> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
>> purposes
>> End If
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.

0
Peter
3/19/2010 7:49:17 AM
Sorry for the delay in response. I got pulled to another project right after
posting this and I am just now getting back.

The worksheet is being created in 2007 but then saved as 97-2003 XLS file
format because most of our customers are still on Office 03.

"Peter T" wrote:

> Which version of Excel are you using. You say "Textboxes from the drawing
> tool" which implies 97-2003, however the default names you show imply
> inserted in 2007
> (ie "TextBox 2" rather than "Text Box 2")
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>
> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> > ask for help here as well.
> >
> > I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> > multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> > tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
> >
> > I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> > with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> > process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> > anything
> > entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> > external
> > file.
> >
> > Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> > else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> > property
> > of Worksheet Class' error message.
> >
> > If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> > click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
> >
> > Going nuts on this one.
> >
> > The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
> >
> > If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
> >  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> > purposes
> > End If
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> .

Just tried this and I get the same error message on the IF statement line.

I have tried doing the following and got an interesting result:

For Each tb in worksheets(2).TextBoxes
   MsgBox(tb.name)
Next tb

I went through the loop and other textboxes that are on the page showed up
in the list but not TextBox 2. In this particular case, TextBox 2 does not
have any text currently entered into its contents.

If I then right-click on the textbox, choose Add Text, then execute the
above code I will get a MsgBox with the TextBox 2 name being displayed.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

> Try it again, I clicked the wron thing.
>

> If Len(Sheets(2).OLEObjects("TextBox1").Object.Text) > 0 Then
>       MsgBox "OK"
> End If
>
>  TextBoxes is not in the Object Model
>
> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> > ask for help here as well.
> >
> > I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> > multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> > tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
> >
> > I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> > with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> > process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> > anything
> > entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> > external
> > file.
> >
> > Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> > else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> > property
> > of Worksheet Class' error message.
> >
> > If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> > click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
> >
> > Going nuts on this one.
> >
> > The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
> >
> > If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
> >  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> > purposes
> > End If
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> .

I probably need to clarify too, that the code works just fine in 2007. These
problems are occuring when the code is run in Excel 2003.

So all results and testing being posted here is all being done in Excel 2003.

"Estaup" wrote:

> Sorry for the delay in response. I got pulled to another project right after
> posting this and I am just now getting back.
>
> The worksheet is being created in 2007 but then saved as 97-2003 XLS file
> format because most of our customers are still on Office 03.
>

> "Peter T" wrote:
>
> > Which version of Excel are you using. You say "Textboxes from the drawing
> > tool" which implies 97-2003, however the default names you show imply
> > inserted in 2007
> > (ie "TextBox 2" rather than "Text Box 2")
> >
> > Regards,
> > Peter T
> >
> > "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> > > ask for help here as well.
> > >
> > > I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> > > multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> > > tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
> > >
> > > I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> > > with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> > > process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> > > anything
> > > entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> > > external
> > > file.
> > >
> > > Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> > > else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> > > property
> > > of Worksheet Class' error message.
> > >
> > > If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> > > click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
> > >
> > > Going nuts on this one.
> > >
> > > The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
> > >
> > > If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
> > >  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> > > purposes
> > > End If
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >

> > .

I also checked the TB object at that time in the Watch window and verified
that the Parent of the TextBox 2 object is truely sheet 2 and not something
else.

"Estaup" wrote:

> Just tried this and I get the same error message on the IF statement line.
>
> I have tried doing the following and got an interesting result:
>
> For Each tb in worksheets(2).TextBoxes
>    MsgBox(tb.name)
> Next tb
>
> I went through the loop and other textboxes that are on the page showed up
> in the list but not TextBox 2. In this particular case, TextBox 2 does not
> have any text currently entered into its contents.
>
> If I then right-click on the textbox, choose Add Text, then execute the
> above code I will get a MsgBox with the TextBox 2 name being displayed.
>

> "JLGWhiz" wrote:
>
> > Try it again, I clicked the wron thing.
> >

> > If Len(Sheets(2).OLEObjects("TextBox1").Object.Text) > 0 Then
> >       MsgBox "OK"
> > End If
> >
> >  TextBoxes is not in the Object Model
> >
> > "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
> > > ask for help here as well.
> > >
> > > I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
> > > multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the drawing
> > > tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2, etc.)
> > >
> > > I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external file
> > > with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
> > > process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
> > > anything
> > > entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
> > > external
> > > file.
> > >
> > > Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing anything
> > > else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
> > > property
> > > of Worksheet Class' error message.
> > >
> > > If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them, then
> > > click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is fine.
> > >
> > > Going nuts on this one.
> > >
> > > The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
> > >
> > > If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
> > >  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for processing
> > > purposes
> > > End If
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> >

> > .

How are you adding the textboxes to the sheet, I take it not in the way you
described originally.

Referring to your OP
"If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each"

The "Add Text" button does not appear on a textbox, only Edit Text. This
rather suggests the object named "TextBox 1" is not a textbox at all. Try
these -

Dim tbx as Textbox
For each tbx in activesheet.textboxes
debug.print tbx.name, tbx.text
next

dim shp as shape
for each shp in activesheet.textboxes
debug.print shp.name, shp.type
next

You should expect to see type 17 (msotextbox)

Regards,
Peter T

>I probably need to clarify too, that the code works just fine in 2007.
>These
> problems are occuring when the code is run in Excel 2003.
>
> So all results and testing being posted here is all being done in Excel
> 2003.
>
> "Estaup" wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the delay in response. I got pulled to another project right
>> after
>> posting this and I am just now getting back.
>>
>> The worksheet is being created in 2007 but then saved as 97-2003 XLS file
>> format because most of our customers are still on Office 03.
>>

>> "Peter T" wrote:
>>
>> > Which version of Excel are you using. You say "Textboxes from the
>> > drawing
>> > tool" which implies 97-2003, however the default names you show imply
>> > inserted in 2007
>> > (ie "TextBox 2" rather than "Text Box 2")
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Peter T
>> >
>> > "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Peter
3/19/2010 9:28:57 PM
Peter,

An oversight on my part.  I do stand corrected.

Cheers,

Skiffle

"Peter T" <peter_t@discussions> wrote in message
>A Name like "TextBox1" infers the default name for an ActiveX type Texbox.
>The OP has already said they are not aX but from "the drawing tool".
>Therefore the default naming style will be "TextBox 1" or "Text Box 1"
>depending on the Excel version.
>
> However there is something ambiguous in the OP's description which was the
> point of my post.
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>
> "Skiffle" <skiffle@doesnt.exist> wrote in message
>> Estaup,
>>
>> So you don't make a simple syntax error that is difficult to find; the
>> number of a control is specified immediately after its name with no space
>> between them.
>> .
>> For textboxes, the names are TextBox1, TextBox2; not TextBox 1, TextBox
>> 2. Notice, in the correct form, there is no space between 'TextBox' and
>> the number following it.
>>
>> For the correct syntax, refer to JLGWhiz' second post.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Skiffle
>>
>> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have posted elsewhere to try and get resolution on my issue and decided
>>> ask for help here as well.
>>>
>>> I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I have a workbook that has
>>> multiple sheets and some of these sheets have Textboxes (from the
>>> drawing
>>> tool) on the sheet with standard naming (i.e. TextBox 1, TextBox 2,
>>> etc.)
>>>
>>> I have a button that executes code that takes and builds an external
>>> file
>>> with the data from the worksheets, including the TextBoxes. During that
>>> process I am checking to see if those worksheets with TextBoxes have
>>> anything
>>> entered before attempting to grab the contents and write them to the
>>> external
>>> file.
>>>
>>> Here is the crazy part. If I open the workbook and without doing
>>> anything
>>> else, click the button to process I get the 'Unable to get TextBoxes
>>> property
>>> of Worksheet Class' error message.
>>>
>>> If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each of them,
>>> then
>>> click the button to process I do not get the error and everything is
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> Going nuts on this one.
>>>
>>> The IF statement below is where the code breaks with the error:
>>>
>>> If Len(Worksheets(2).TextBoxes("TextBox 2").Text) > 0 Then
>>>  'I loop through grabing text out 255 characters at a time for
>>> processing
>>> purposes
>>> End If
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

0
Skiffle
3/20/2010 12:13:03 AM
I have VBA script that is generating the workbook based on parameters for
each worksheet. When the parameter specifies for a TextBox to be on the sheet
one is being generated using the ActiveSheet.TextBoxes.Add method.

Now the generating VBA code was originally writen for Office 03. Subtle
changes were need when Office was upgraded to 07. So in a since the generated
XLS file with the TextBoxes and VBA code is being produced by 07 I'm guessing
running in "compatibility mode"??

I will run the suggested code and post the results.

"Peter T" wrote:

> How are you adding the textboxes to the sheet, I take it not in the way you
> described originally.
>
> Referring to your OP
> "If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each"
>
> The "Add Text" button does not appear on a textbox, only Edit Text. This
> rather suggests the object named "TextBox 1" is not a textbox at all. Try
> these -
>
> Dim tbx as Textbox
> For each tbx in activesheet.textboxes
> debug.print tbx.name, tbx.text
> next
>
> dim shp as shape
> for each shp in activesheet.textboxes
> debug.print shp.name, shp.type
> next
>

> You should expect to see type 17 (msotextbox)
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>

> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I probably need to clarify too, that the code works just fine in 2007.
> >These
> > problems are occuring when the code is run in Excel 2003.
> >
> > So all results and testing being posted here is all being done in Excel
> > 2003.
> >
> > "Estaup" wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry for the delay in response. I got pulled to another project right
> >> after
> >> posting this and I am just now getting back.
> >>
> >> The worksheet is being created in 2007 but then saved as 97-2003 XLS file
> >> format because most of our customers are still on Office 03.

> .

Here are the results which are interesting:

The sheet in question has two TextBoxes.

TextBox 1 contains static text that is added during the generation process.
The debug lists the TextBox name correctly and the contents with the TB for
loop.

TextBox 2 does not show up in the TB for loop, but does show up in the Shape
for loop (P.S. I had to change the code you posted to be ActiveSheet.Shapes
for the shape loop) as does TextBox 1. Both boxes has the type of 17. TextBox
2 has no content.

If I add text to TextBox 2 then save & close the workbook. If I process the
workbook again after text having been entered, then TextBox 2 show up in both
the TB and the SHAPE for loops as expected.

hmmmmm.

"Peter T" wrote:

> How are you adding the textboxes to the sheet, I take it not in the way you
> described originally.
>
> Referring to your OP
> "If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each"
>
> The "Add Text" button does not appear on a textbox, only Edit Text. This
> rather suggests the object named "TextBox 1" is not a textbox at all. Try
> these -
>
> Dim tbx as Textbox
> For each tbx in activesheet.textboxes
> debug.print tbx.name, tbx.text
> next
>
> dim shp as shape
> for each shp in activesheet.textboxes
> debug.print shp.name, shp.type
> next
>

> You should expect to see type 17 (msotextbox)
>
> Regards,
> Peter T
>

> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I probably need to clarify too, that the code works just fine in 2007.
> >These
> > problems are occuring when the code is run in Excel 2003.
> >
> > So all results and testing being posted here is all being done in Excel
> > 2003.
> >
> > "Estaup" wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry for the delay in response. I got pulled to another project right
> >> after
> >> posting this and I am just now getting back.
> >>
> >> The worksheet is being created in 2007 but then saved as 97-2003 XLS file
> >> format because most of our customers are still on Office 03.

> .

It's hard to work out what you are actually doing, in which version and if
in 2007 if that's with an xls format file. Clearly it seems not all the
shapes you think are textboxes are in fact textboxes. In 2003 attempting to
return the text would error (though not in 2007). Try something like this -

Dim shp As Shape
On Error Resume Next
For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
s = ""
s = shp.DrawingObject.Text
Debug.Print shp.Name, IIf(Len(s), s, "no-text")
on error goto 0 ' or resume normal error handling
Next

Regards,
Peter T

> Here are the results which are interesting:
>
> The sheet in question has two TextBoxes.
>
> TextBox 1 contains static text that is added during the generation
> process.
> The debug lists the TextBox name correctly and the contents with the TB
> for
> loop.
>
> TextBox 2 does not show up in the TB for loop, but does show up in the
> Shape
> for loop (P.S. I had to change the code you posted to be
> ActiveSheet.Shapes
> for the shape loop) as does TextBox 1. Both boxes has the type of 17.
> TextBox
> 2 has no content.
>
> If I add text to TextBox 2 then save & close the workbook. If I process
> the
> workbook again after text having been entered, then TextBox 2 show up in
> both
> the TB and the SHAPE for loops as expected.
>
> hmmmmm.
>

> "Peter T" wrote:
>
>> How are you adding the textboxes to the sheet, I take it not in the way
>> you
>> described originally.
>>
>> Referring to your OP
>> "If I go to each of the sheets, and click to Add text in each"
>>
>> The "Add Text" button does not appear on a textbox, only Edit Text. This
>> rather suggests the object named "TextBox 1" is not a textbox at all. Try
>> these -
>>
>> Dim tbx as Textbox
>> For each tbx in activesheet.textboxes
>> debug.print tbx.name, tbx.text
>> next
>>
>> dim shp as shape
>> for each shp in activesheet.textboxes
>> debug.print shp.name, shp.type
>> next
>>

>> You should expect to see type 17 (msotextbox)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter T
>>

>> "Estaup" <Estaup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I probably need to clarify too, that the code works just fine in 2007.
>> >These
>> > problems are occuring when the code is run in Excel 2003.
>> >
>> > So all results and testing being posted here is all being done in Excel
>> > 2003.

>> .

0
Peter

Error trapping not working
Hi guys, I am running a loop to grab values from a fixed position in relation to a unique model name. Sometimes the user asks for models that do not exist. On this case the value (forecast) should = 0. To accomplish this I wrote an error trap, and it works on the first instance but if the user should ask for a second non existant model the seleciton.find command errors out with run time code 91. ---- CODE --- Do While model <> "" On Error GoTo notfound Sheets("database").Columns("B:B").Select Selection.Find(What:=model, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrd...

Unexpected Errors sending email
I have just installed CRM. I am having problems sending email from it. When I set the DevError on the config file to on it states: An unexpected error occured. An error occured attempting to dispatchthe email: HTTP Status: 404 Nor Found. URL may be invalid. Error Number 0x80040216. Source d:\crm\build\3297 \src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line 47 Query String //Activities/Email/edit.aspx Can anyone shed any insight on this? Thanks in advance. If you din't then installing MS-CRM email router: ...\MS_CRM_CD_1\Exchange\setup.exe may help. Rgds, Per >-----Original M...

restrict changes to worksheet
I have two worksheets. The first one is used as a report. The second Worksheet is where I paste my data, and link the cells to the first worksheet. The data in the cells on the second worksheet change daily. I have had a problem with the formulas somehow getting changed. Is there someway I can prevent the formulas from being changed? You can protect your worksheet. This will not allow any changes to the cells unless you turn the protection off. To do this, click on sheet 1 and under your menu go to Protection - Protect Worksheet. "EdWeitz" wrote: > I have two work...

Outlook 2003
I've been using Outlook 2003 for years, but after miagrating to Vista, the following problem cropped up. When I try to send some emails in Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: Task 'Main-Sending' reported error(0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' (note: "Main" is my primary pop3/SMTP server). My ISP says it's Microsoft's problem, not something at the server, and they have no idea. I searched the MS website, but did not get any hits on the error. It only affects *some* of the em...

Message not getting to domains
I have several domains that mail will not accept properly. Is there a record type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?" Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or delayed. Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this. The dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme. Whoever setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP -- William Burn Director of IT What is the error # in the NDR? Tom ---------- "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.co...

How to get the buttons appear 3d ( as in XP)?
Hi, I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls. The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons in XP look like? I tried all the properties in the properties window of the resource view in Visual Studion, but nothing is working. Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the run time. Medicine please. ~Pradeep >I'm trying to learn creating a dialog b...

xsl:apply-templates dont get it
Hey I think i've figured out the idea behind apply-templates. But going through the tutorial on <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> theres simply just something that i dont get! In the following i've copy pasted the example from <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> into this post. I divide into sections and my real question will come after the code snippet: Section 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <!-- Edited with XML Spy v4.2 --> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="...

Excel 2002 Print File Properties
Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting the file? Hi what properties do you want to print (and where: header/footer or a cell)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ateniense1 wrote: > Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting > the file? Hi you may use the following function (put this in a standard module): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Funct...

notify you if you get an e-mail?
Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you get an e-mail when its closed? Fixed it >-----Original Message----- > >Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >get an e-mail when its closed? >. > what did you do? >-----Original Message----- >Fixed it >>-----Original Message----- >> >>Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >>get an e-mail when its closed? >>. >> >. > ...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Unable to open calendar

GP 10 Intergration Manager error
One of our reports no longer runs and returns the below message. We recreate it and still returns this error. Rebooted our Win2003 server, stopped restarted SQL2005. Any suggestions on a fix. Thanks The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Dynamics.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D016638-BA35-11CF-827E-00001B27AB13}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type l...

Sa Login Error
Dear All, Recently on our test machine the password for sa was rest in the db. Now when I am trying to connect to my CRM application it is giving me an error, which in event viewer is : --------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: RLSERVICE Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 6/22/2008 Time: 11:47:46 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER02 Description: Start: Login failed for user 'sa'. ----------- How can this be resolved? ...

get paid now!!!
when you subscribe you'll be rewarded 10$$$ Check it now,don't wait!!!!!!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?andrusko ...

Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error.
I am trying to run a pretty simple select query in Access 2007, and I keep getting the error message "Reserved error (-1524); there is no message for this error." There are no linked tables in the database - the design of the database is very simple. I should also note that I ran the "compact and repair database" tool and I am still getting the same error message. I don't think I'm using any reserved words...Here is the SQL: SELECT E_CURRENT_DATA.Prefix, E_CURRENT_DATA.LastName, E_CURRENT_DATA.FirstName, E_CURRENT_DATA.Address, E_CURRENT_DATA.City, E_CURRENT_DATA...

Question regarding Filtering in a protected worksheet
I have a worksheet that is all protected except columns A and B. This spreadsheet is for updating different buyers their shipping cost. I would like for the buyer to be able to update columns A & B as needed for their specific jobs (This part I got). However, the jobs are listed by date and cost and there are over 1000 different jobs on the spreadsheet. The buyers need to be able to filter by their name so they can see their jobs only. Is it possible to filter on the two unprotected columns? or on all of the columns while the spreadsheet is protected? Thanks! Kris Hi see: http://ww...

Dynamically Changing Prompts / Hidden Properties of Report Paramet
I would like to be able to dynamically change the Prompt and Hidden Properties of a report parameter based on another parameter. Ideally, I would like to be able to do this within Reporting Services, but if this is not possible I could perform a solution outside reporting services to manually change the report before the report is rendered. I've looked online and haven't been able to find solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Property Tax
hi, anybody knows that if Fixed Asset Management could calculate Property Tax and see the details? i think the tax could be calculated, but how can i see it? thx jenny ...

working with textboxes-VBA
I'm not new to excel but quite new to VBA. I'm doing a deficiency log and have 2 input forms. One for project info that will be linked to the same cells and I need to be able to call it up for edit but the cell/textbox links will always be the same. The other will accept text inputs and put them in a running named range and I need to be able to access the named range and the related cells so that the original entry can be edited or added to. Navigating the named range is working fine but the text boxes interaction is not working. On my first attempt, evrything worked ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

Outlook 2002 pst errors
For the past several months, my emails through my ISP are not being sent to my Outlook inbox. When trying to determine the problem, I receive an error message stating, " Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local settings\Application data\microsoft\ outlook\ outlook.pst. Can someone assist me with this problem? Thanks Run scanpst.exe against to check it for errors. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonym...